Rachel Weisz film news

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

And she's making small movies with not that much time away from home.

Mostly done with a few weeks of shooting.

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

TimesTalks presents
TimesTalks - Rachel Weisz and Deborah E. Lipstadt
Interviewed by The New York Times
Monday, September 19, 2016 at 7:00PM

https://web.ovationtix.com/trs/pe.c/101 ... rm/Twitter
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

Pics here on Lainey, and there's so much truth to her comment:

"... it’s been nice to see her again after not seeing her for so long which was the same point I mentioned in October when she and Daniel Craig were together (Spectre premiere). They do not mess around. When they go low, they stay low."

http://www.laineygossip.com/First-Rache ... York/44730
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Thanks for the pics. Yes, low low indeed
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Red-Snow

Post by Red-Snow »

Complete Unknown is beguilingly mysterious, until it isn’t
http://www.avclub.com/review/complete-u ... t-i-241506
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

She looks absolutely STUNNING!

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Yes, she does.

"That's a guy, he's a guy" :lol:

Maria

Post by Maria »

Last night, I was able to see a press preview of THE LIGHT BETWEEN OCEANS. I read the book and was anxious to see the film.

Beautiful. Cinematography, lighting, sound, locations, sets, music. It was consistent throughout. The actors - the leads were all well played and your heart went out to all of their characters. Rachel first appears an hour into the film. Of course, she was wonderful. Haunting. She does not have many scenes compared to the two leads of course, but she pulls you in whenever you see her. She communicates such emotion just with her eyes and expression.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Hi Maria, glad to see you.

Yes, her acting is similar to Daniels. Not much needed to say it all.
They should make a real good film together. With lots of quiet moments and drama - as I know, both love Drama :wink:

Maria

Post by Maria »

Hugs! I've not disappeared, I think I got caught up in Olympics 24/7. ;0

I wanted to see this film because Rachel was in it, even after reading the book I wold have debated seeing it. She was wonderful. There are some actors/actresses that are talented but you see "them" rather than the character. It's easy to get lost int he character that she portrayed.
Red-Snow

Post by Red-Snow »

'The Light Between Oceans': Film Review - The Hollywood Reporter
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/review ... ael-921836
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Hm, good its Not Rachels movie. "Fine, but underused " thats a fault indeed.

Red-Snow

Post by Red-Snow »

‘Complete Unknown’: How Filmmaker Joshua Marston Cast Rachel Weisz and Michael Shannon
http://variety.com/2016/film/news/compl ... 201843901/

Why were Rachel Weisz and Michael Shannon right for your leads?

We decided that rather than waiting until deep into the process, I wanted us to collaborate early on with the actress that was going to play the part. I’ve long been a fan of Rachel Weisz, the camera loves her and she conveys a mystery, an intrigue and a depth when she’s on screen and those are all things that I needed for this character that is so enigmatic. I literally sent the script to her on a Wednesday before Thanksgiving and on Monday heard back from her, that she read it and wanted to meet.

We had a great first meeting where we dug into the questions of identity and what the character does and who she is and why she does what she does. And then we started the relationship of writing, talking and rewriting.

As for Michael Shannon, I was really interested in the idea with seeing someone who is normally associated with playing a psycho-killer and a terrifying menace playing an ordinary guy going through a midlife crisis. I think he does it magnificently and with a real level of depth and humor that the script requires. We had a screening last night and when you watch it with an audience you really become aware of how many laughs he gets. It’s quite a funny performance.
cassandra

Post by cassandra »

A very complimentary article about Rachel

Let’s Take a Moment to Appreciate the Brilliance of Rachel Weisz in 2016
By Kevin Lincoln

http://www.vulture.com/2016/08/rachel-w ... -2016.html