Rachel Weisz film news

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Red-Snow

Post by Red-Snow »

sf2la wrote:Very cool. 'The Lobster' was foreign, wasn't it? I liked 'The Lobster' better, but whatever. So awesome that she is so successful in identifying and offered good projects. And there's always the possibility that she will bring along her arm candy to events :lol:
I honestly never got all the buzz surrounding 'Youth'. I thought Rachel was fantastic in it, but she was somehow over shadow by Jane Fonda's five minutes of screen time.

And yes, 'The Lobster' would be eligible. I really loved that film. It's such a shame it seems to have been mostly over looked throughout the awards season.
Red-Snow

Post by Red-Snow »

According to The Hollywood Reporter, A24 have acquired the U.S. rights to 'The Lobster' ahead of the March 11th, 2016 release date set by previous rights holder Alchemy.

It is unknown when/if A24 will release the film in the U.S.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Thanks Red for the update.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Maria

Post by Maria »

Red-Snow wrote:According to The Hollywood Reporter, A24 have acquired the U.S. rights to 'The Lobster' ahead of the March 11th, 2016 release date set by previous rights holder Alchemy.

It is unknown when/if A24 will release the film in the U.S.
Yes, thank you Red-Snow. I still hope to see it, even if via iTunes or something like that.
Red-Snow

Post by Red-Snow »

'The Lobster' will be screened during the Miami International Film Festival this month.
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Red-Snow wrote:'The Lobster' will be screened during the Miami International Film Festival this month.
It does seem funny though, doesn't it? The movie has been out for so long. I don't get why it's just now coming to the U.S.
Red-Snow

Post by Red-Snow »

UK Sees Flurry of Filming in April

The week beginning 4 April sees the start of a nine-week shoot on My Cousin Rachel, a big-screen adaptation of the Daphne Du Maurier novel in which an orphan seeks revenge on the woman he believes murdered his cousin.

Starring Rachel Weisz, Sam Claflin and Holliday Grainger, the feature is directed by Roger Michell from his own screenplay.
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Wow, she has a great work ethic. I think she's just naturally interested in life and wants to participate to her fullest. Be attached to prijects that interest her. Yay!
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Daniel will have a nice meetup with Roger Michell. Maybe they can find a project together. Or Steven includes him in the new Indie. As baddie if necessary.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Madeleine

Post by Madeleine »

Nice, we can expect Daniel in the UK at least at some point during April-May then. :)
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Yup, watch out, that's what you are good at :twisted:

Madeleine

Post by Madeleine »

Yeah :D :D Love that he tags along.
Red-Snow

Post by Red-Snow »

A short interview with Rachel on BT Toronto.
Maria

Post by Maria »

TIFF (Toronto International Film Festival) cinema is screening The Lobster now:

http://tiff.net/programming/new-releases/the-lobster
Maria

Post by Maria »

Red-Snow wrote:A short interview with Rachel on BT Toronto.
Thank you Red-SNow. Presume this interview was filmed last September when Rachel was promoting the Lobster film at TIFF. Here are a few screen caps of the video interview you posted: