Dream House - news and tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

tampa

Post by tampa »

sf2la wrote:A press tour isn't up to Daniel and Rachel after the movie is made. They sign contracts up front. The contract includes their demands (pay, riders, etc.), and the studio has theirs, which includes promotional requirements. Both parties sign.
But that is the big question. If the contracts require promo efforts on their part - and I agree the contract likely do, whey isn't there any. THere is another major factor that has come into play which we can't guess, that is holding off the promotion. If there is any at all, it will be last minute. It's all a mystery :)
cheryl1700

Post by cheryl1700 »

sf2la wrote:A press tour isn't up to Daniel and Rachel after the movie is made. They sign contracts up front. The contract includes their demands (pay, riders, etc.), and the studio has theirs, which includes promotional requirements. Both parties sign.
yep :stick_iagree:
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

cheryl1700 wrote:
There are other cast members that could promote the film apart from DC and RW. Naomi Watts, Rachel G Fox etc. Can't see their names on any US talk shows either.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Everything surrounding this film is more spooky then the film can ever be :lol:
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

tampa

Post by tampa »

Germangirl wrote:Everything surrounding this film is more spooky then the film can ever be :lol:
You got it. :(
JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

Sylvia's girl wrote:
cheryl1700 wrote:
There are other cast members that could promote the film apart from DC and RW. Naomi Watts, Rachel G Fox etc. Can't see their names on any US talk shows either.
Good point Poirot!!! :shock:

Never thought about that......... :brood:
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

I even have set up a google alert on Naomi Watts a few weeks ago.

But NOTHING so far :wink:

Again for me this just looks like Invasion, no big effort from the studio or the people involved. A few posters and a trailer, that's it, no promo, no press, no premiere....

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

ashanti ASHANTI
My song Never Too Far Away is available NOW on itunes- The Title song for Morgan Creek's film Dream House OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE NEXT WEEK ☺

http://www.ashantithisisme.com/
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

New Music: Ashanti – Never Too Far Away Off The Dream House Movie Soundtrack
Sep 15 2011, 1:30
pm09 | @iRockCollege | Music

Ashanti released a new song called “Never Too Far Away” which is featured on the soundtrack to the upcoming movie Dream House starring Daniel Craig and Naomi Watts. The R&B songstress is getting ready to release her new album, after the jump check out the new song

http://www.irockcollege.com/2011/09/15/ ... soundtrack
sasha

Post by sasha »

If Naomi Watts will start to give interviews, DC/RW’s silence will be even more evident and manifesting. It’s probably everybody or nobody deal. I think they will do something short, concentrated and focused right before the movie comes out. Does Jim Sheridan usually promote his films? Loved ‘In America’.

Strange – the stills are beautiful, the tv-spots captivating, music – great, but everybody seam to be upset with it – we are missing some part of the puzzle, I think. Maybe Jim Sheridan is upset with the studio and Daniel tries to stay loyal to JS? It can’t be the only stars' personal tricky situation.
caramel

Post by caramel »

sasha wrote: I think they will do something short, concentrated and focused right before the movie comes out.
My thoughts exactly.
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Sylvia's girl wrote:New Music: Ashanti – Never Too Far Away Off The Dream House Movie Soundtrack

Ashanti released a new song called “Never Too Far Away” which is featured on the soundtrack to the upcoming movie Dream House starring Daniel Craig and Naomi Watts. The R&B songstress is getting ready to release her new album, after the jump check out the new song

What's the verdict on this. I would think it will be played at the end of the movie, during the credits.
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Sylvia's girl wrote:
Sylvia's girl wrote:New Music: Ashanti – Never Too Far Away Off The Dream House Movie Soundtrack

What's the verdict on this. I would think it will be played at the end of the movie, during the credits.
OMG, that song....those lyrics...It sounds like D&R wrote them - LOL!!!! Awesome. It has to be the end...credits...as we sit there and read each and every one, over and over... LOL.

FOURTEEN more days!
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

sf2la wrote: FOURTEEN more days!
I think, I am a one of the least begrudging people I know, but enough is enough :evil: Rub it in, Hon, rub it in...
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

bubita

Post by bubita »

Sorry ladies but I have to say the song is simply awful, too cheesy, absolutely forgettable.
Now it´s out of my system and it feels good :D