Mag-Scan

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Dunda
Administrator

Re: Mag-Scan

Post by Dunda »

Thanks to A

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Men's Journal April 2020

videnovasan

Post by videnovasan »

Germangirl wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:43 pm That really sounds interesting 😀 i would like to read it. Thanks for translating 👍
Oh I forgot .....At the end they ask him whats next. He mentions the usual stuff and Knives out sequel, but the most interesting is that he says about the Russian book The Master and Margherita and that he wants to play Azzazelo. I read somewhere that Baz Lurhman got the rights of the book and is making a screenplay which he is supposed to direct. Maybe Daniel speaks about this thing.....I cross my fingers.....I know its one of his favourite books, but it is mine as well. Worth a read....
Last edited by videnovasan on Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
You need to impress me, outwit me, compete with me? Go ahead, knock yourself out, I have no problem with that at all.
videnovasan

Post by videnovasan »

Thx Dunda. I can only say wow....a boot camp.....
You need to impress me, outwit me, compete with me? Go ahead, knock yourself out, I have no problem with that at all.
videnovasan

Post by videnovasan »

See the translation below the pic. Enjoy your read...
Dunda wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:48 pm Image
DANIEL CRAIG

SOMEONE ELSE HAS GREENER GRASS. IT DESTROYS

Text by James Logan, FAMOUS Features, prepared by Victoria Belopelskaya

Craig has got nearly the highest fees in Hollywood and the most transparent eyes in the world. A classic suit sits perfectly on him. He adores his wife, daughters and adopted son. Finally, he is a symbol of modern masculinity. And it would be so interesting to talk about it precisely with Daniel Craig. If, of course, masculinity meant something for him.
“I like that the world of male domination is passing away”
Relaxedness. Calmness. Equilibrium. Serenity. What other definitions exist for the state in which a person seems to be in the chair opposite me? Give them all, and they will all come up to characterize his gaze, posture, the tembre of his voice and tone. I just made my way through the crowd to Soho to climb onto the hotel terrace, where an appointment with Daniel Craig is scheduled. I rode in a metro car filled with people, then in a crowded elevator ... And now the hubbub, and the noise of London, and the conversations of strangers, and the very anxiety of the nation of life - before the face of my interlocutor, his relaxedness, his serenity, his confidence, his disposition towards me, a complete stranger ... Yes, and those who come here with a selfish purpose - to find out more about him. Although he assures that this goal is hardly achievable: he does not know how to talk about himself - he does not find anything exceptional in the events of his life, he would like, but nothing to tell ...... Craig and his wife - count Rachel Weiss - the most closed acting couple? Why, an ordinary, ordinary couple. Is his career in Hollywood atypical? Really? His categorical refusal to continue to play James Bond after the movie “No time to die” Exotic? No, natural. Daniel Craig does not seem to agree with any common opinion about himself. It is all the more interesting to learn his own. But he, however, is not inclined to talk about himself. And then I have to use a powerful tool.

Psychologies: Listen, it's pretty bold - to have a child at 50 ...
Daniel Craig: Brave? Euphemism for "stupid"? 50-year-old dad with a papoose on his chest looks stupid? And some women will not agree with you: when they see me with a stroller in the street or at the airport with a child in their arms, they are very benevolent. They say: "Welcome to the club!" And in my experience becoming a father at 50 is mostly a pleasure. I have a feeling that when my oldest daughter Ella was born and grew up, she is 27 now, I it, I haven’t felt it, I didn’t feel it ... I was 23, everything was ahead, I lived ... future joys, future extraordinary life. The child was real, Ella was already the greatest value, but in this value there was no sorcery, magic, only love and responsibility. And now I feel the magic: that the baby was born, that she is mine and is surprisingly similar to me. That she will stay after me. So I will continue - in the features of her children, in what I teach her, and she - my grandchildren. Now every day - I want to spend every day with her, and I almost succeed - I deal with magic. This is a completely different feeling of paternity. Not like in the youth.

Having a small child, you probably somehow perceive your own age and, excuse me, aging?
DC: I would say with enthusiasm. I look at Henry in a new way, although I have known him since he was five (Henry is the son of Craig's wife, Rachel Weisz, and director Darren Aronofsky. - Ed.). He is entering a difficult period of teenagers, and I see how his priorities, his interests are changing, what focuses his attention. It’s not at all a fact that I would have taken all of this as seriously if the youngest daughter had not been born. They say that having children in adulthood can prolong youthfulness. But neither Rachel nor I had such an idea. We are good together: we love to cook, discuss roles and give each other advice. In this sense, our marriage is largely intellectual ... But we, fortunately, are not the case of an acting family when life turns into a constant rehearsal, which happens in our midst, by the way, quite often. We just wanted to have a child together - a sign of connection, which is more than decisions and desires, which is forever. For us, a child is a kind of synonym for unconditionality, indestructibility. Age, by and large, has nothing to do with it.

Is the decision to no longer play agent 007 related to age?
DC: Of course. I'm getting old. And action is not easy already. After all, being Bond ... is in a sense monasticism. Five months of hard training. All the time of preparation and filming - not a sip of beer, food verified by nutritionists, sleep - at nine in the evening, get up at five in the morning. And again, training. But the main thing ... Listen! 5 films and 15 years of living with it is enough, no? You should not linger at any stage when you feel: this is the end. And I feel it now. Bond for me as an actor is over. And you know ... I even love to give way when still on the road. And in a career ... Well, the truth is, you must give way to those who are younger. Someone else probably wants to play Bond. And can play it. And if I leave, then he can.

Didn't you want to play Bond? Do you, a British and an actor, have a dream to play agent 007 - a symbol of "British" and modern masculinity?
DC: For this you need to have ambition. And I never had it. Such a character trait as competitiveness is almost zero at me. I went in for sports so much in childhood and adolescence that I spent all my competitiveness. My classmates at the theater school simply scared me: they ran as fast as they could to the agent, fought for roles, and were quite tough. And I never wondered who else my agent was representing, where colleagues play, what their fees were. As soon as you plunge into it, you begin to doubt yourself, compare yourself with someone, ask yourself why you don’t have what another has ... Someone else has greener grass, and it destroys you.

But what if it stimulates too?
DC: Me - no. As a child, I noticed that I won those games that I was fond of, in which I didn’t care whether I lose or win. Bond was indifferent to me. When I was offered this role, I was even confused. I thought for a long time. I wrote all the pros on the right side of the paper, all the cons on the left. “For” there were, of course , “against” - that this role will be imprinted on me forever, and from now on will only been offer the same hard-headed action heroes. And I will never walk down the street unseen by a crowd of paparazzi ... Yes, and as an actor I am more Poirot than Bond. Have you seen "Knives Out"? Not bad, huh? My Benoit Blanc is a pompous detective, a self-righteous genius, an insightful nerd. And funny, sharp-witted. This is exactly my role ... The Bond has something ... James Bond is the product of post-war depression. The world in World War II was faced with the unthinkable - with millions of victims, with the Holocaust. Which philosopher formulated this question: Is art possible after Auschwitz? Beauty after Auschwitz? The world fell into a depressing confusion. Bond is a way out of depression. He acts to improve the world. And as if he says to the entire establishment: I will work for you, but on my own terms. Bond at the beginning is protecting the empire and the queen ... In fact, the dude is "left". Although he carries out the task, he has no bosses, he does not recognize leaders at heart. So do I. I have authorities, for example, my favorite teacher at the theater school, the great director Declan Donnellan. He once gave us, perhaps, the best advice that a teacher can give a student: “Never be upset by professional failures. Because you can expect even greater setbacks”... But what finally convinced me was Barbara (Barbara Broccoli, producer of the Bond cycle. - Ed.). The woman who devoted her life to father's bussiness, continued the franchise of Albert Broccoli and even increased its scale. Barbara convinced me that Bond would be new.

You are not at all peculiar to the machismo of Bond ...
DC: But Bond is already different. He became more realistic and more sensitive. He is an action hero who loses, loses, fails and cries. But the truth is no longer the bond of the great Sean Connery, who said to one of his girls: “Listen, baby. Listen when a man speaks, ”or clapped another in the ass.

And you did not want to play that Bond, Bond - the bearer of traditional masculinity?
DC: Play - an ode. I'm an actor! But spank that Bond to women today - he would get to change. And that’s good, right. I really do not appreciate all this ... cocks measuring. I never taken part in men's competitions, who is cooler. Even in words. And I think gender equality is more beneficial for men. And men's right to go on maternity leave is not only female, but also male conquest. I like that the world of male dominance is a thing of the past. I'm just against any dominance.

It turns out that you are also “left dude”...
DK: Well, of course, I'm from Liverpool, from the North, from an educated middle class. My mother was a teacher of painting and art. I grew up on English television in the late 70s - early 80s - when Ken Loach, the future genius of witty social cinema, made series. And in these series was our English life, but passed through humor, bitter, North English. How can I be right? But seriously ... I became a producer on "007: Spectre". And I really wanted to do the script myself. We fiddled with him for two years. I had a hell of a lot of ideas - Bond was supposed to come into reality and become realistic. Fortunately, there were people who wrote down my ideas and then said: “Danny, it cannot be that you would take all this seriously.” At one point, one of the writers called out: “I ask you to stop the clown outside the circus!” And really. There is nothing to make of a character who has a “License to Kill”, a hero of Bergman’s films, to which I was clearly inclined ... But it’s generally very important to have people around you who limit you. And therefore, I respect leftist ideas - they in our world limit the dominance of the traditional, accepted, fixed.

What will you do now after Bond?
DC: I will eat. To raise a daughter. Relax. Drink. There were ideas of the sequel "Knives OIut", it's just great And there is one Russian novel, satire and philosophy at the same time. It is called "Master and Margarita"...

And what, play Woland?
DC: No. I hope for Azazello, a funny trait.
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Thank you for that :D
It's really a great read.

videnovasan

Post by videnovasan »

Dunda wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:36 pm Thank you for that :D
It's really a great read.
You are welcome. I'm glad I can share what I've read. Really was great to read what he thinks about being a parent. Actually as I've said before I'm glad I live in the same time and space with this great human being....
Oh and thx for the fitness magazine. It was a great read and really I can understand better the "slash my wrist" quote...not that I didnt get it before though
Last edited by videnovasan on Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Daniel_Craig

Post by Daniel_Craig »

THX for so much this, @videnovasan! :D ;)
videnovasan

Post by videnovasan »

Daniel_Craig wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:44 pm THX for so much this, @videnovasan! :D ;)
you are welcome....it was plesure to translate it....Google Transle helped me for the typing, but It needed a lot of editing...Anyway it was pleasure to to do it....
Stay safe!
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

You too and thanks from me too 😀
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Daniel_Craig

Post by Daniel_Craig »

videnovasan wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:04 pm
Daniel_Craig wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:44 pm THX for so much this, @videnovasan! :D ;)
you are welcome....it was plesure to translate it....Google Transle helped me for the typing, but It needed a lot of editing...Anyway it was pleasure to to do it....
Stay safe!
Google Translate is a good helpful thing. A lot of things always have to be edited. But you did a great editor job. :thumbup:

Stay safe
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

videnovasan wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:05 pm Enjoy
https://www.sendspace.com/file/ujooe5

Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Starburst Magazine March 2020

Daniel_Craig

Post by Daniel_Craig »

THX Dunda! :D ;)
videnovasan

Post by videnovasan »

Thx 👍😘