Knives Out

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

tbossmc2000

Re: Knives Out

Post by tbossmc2000 »

Awesome
videnovasan

Post by videnovasan »

Just checked the BO ....$126,160,861 worldwide so 3 times the money they spend making it..... And it is shown just two weeks...If some more noms are received a lot of people will watch it.....
You need to impress me, outwit me, compete with me? Go ahead, knock yourself out, I have no problem with that at all.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

What is 861? Sadly not the BO 😉
You mean 168?
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

videnovasan

Post by videnovasan »

Germangirl wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:41 pm What is 861? Sadly not the BO 😉
You mean 168?
Over 126 mil. I mean...
You need to impress me, outwit me, compete with me? Go ahead, knock yourself out, I have no problem with that at all.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Yeah. Thanks I looked it up in the meantime😉
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Cant find the date for the Bafta nominations, but am pleased to read Graham Norton is hosting

PAMELA BRAMMER

Post by PAMELA BRAMMER »

BAFTA nominations are usually announced around the 12th January :D
Never regret anything that makes you smile!
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Oh this late. Thanks my lovely 😉

videnovasan

Post by videnovasan »

This is good and is more for him and his career as a whole then for Knives out, but because the movie is the reason to be written I put it here...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pajiba ... nd-era.php
videnovasan

Post by videnovasan »

Just read an interview with Ana de Armas and she said some relly nice thing about our Dan..

Ana shared her experience working in “No Time to Die,” supposedly Daniel’s last outing as Bond. “It was fun. You can tell this is Daniel’s fifth (Bond) film. They’re a family. And it was a good group to be a part of, especially in this time that Bond’s women characters are changing and bringing in more interesting things to the franchise. So happy I’m a part of that.”
Ana revealed that she was with Daniel in the very last scene shot for “No Time to Die.” “It was very sad,” she recounted. “I was there, and I’m proud to have been there with him in the last shot of the movie. It was a very emotional moment for all of us. It was beautiful to see how something in his life for 12 years comes to the end.
“I love Daniel. He’s relentless. It doesn’t matter how exhausted he is, how many broken bones he has in his body. He still shows up and goes to work every day. It’s just so inspiring. He’s a great mentor to me.
“‘Knives Out’ and ‘No Time to Die’ are two different projects. Being in a James Bond movie alone is scary and nerve-wracking. So, having met Daniel before (at ‘Knives Out’), it was no pressure.”
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

https://www.laineygossip.com/sarahs-top ... 2019/61199

The Top 10 Movies of 2019: Knives Out

There is no more fun film this year than Rian Johnson’s twisty, twisted murder mystery. As much a whodunit as a class parable, Knives Out features one of the best ensembles of the year, and also some of the best art direction of the year (I want to live in that house). Every element of this film is perfectly calibrated, from Daniel Craig’s ludicrous Southern accent to Chris Evans’ tatty sweater, which is such a perfectly WASP detail I could scream. Knives Out is an impeccably constructed, flawlessly executed mystery, and a pure joy to watch.
videnovasan

Post by videnovasan »

just found this over Instagram...Its not something new, but I like the written for Dan

Movie review - Knives Out (2019)
"Knives Out" is a truly ingenious take on murder mysteries.

For those who haven't followed Daniel Craig as outside of his career as James Bond it's a whole new discovery, and delightful to learn how gifted he is as an actor.

Craig plays private detective Benoit Blanc who is invited to investigate the murder of a wealthy crime novelist Harlan Thrombey (Christopher Plummer). Benoit has a persona similar to Kevin Spacey's Frank Underwood in the hit TV series "House of Cards."
Harlan is found dead the morning after his 85th birthday and typical of murder mysteries, everyone is a suspect. Although everyone has a motive, Rian Johnson's whodunnit however deviates from the usual format and it is refreshing.

Chris Evans stars as Ransom, Harlan's grandson and favourite grandchild. Evans plays the spoilt rich boy. It's a great outing for the actor after years as Marvel's Captain America. The cast also includes Ana de Armas as Marta, Harlan's nurse and close friend, Jamie Lee Curtis who plays Linda Drysdale, Harlan's daughter and Lakeith Stanfield as Lieutenant Elliot, a police detective involved in the investigation. Each cast member was truly brilliant in their own right.

"Knives Out" is a great movie to see this holiday.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Lainey hated on him for a long time, for some time now, she has come to her Senses 👍

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

I think, knifes is a much needed game changer for hin.
Now everybody knows, he can do gritty AND humor

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Dunda, do you know, what happened to my siggi? I didnt do anything.