NTTD: Out October 2021

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Its bullocks, I am sure of. And Daniel is NOT making back to back Bond films. I think, he made that very clear :lol:

I say, leave the man alone, he has done enough for the franchise. I hope, this is not going into spread headlines, because it does make him look bad. They will say, he is holding up production to get as much money out of them as possible. Nothing could be further from the truth, but who cares about truth these days? :evil:
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

Sylvia's girl wrote:Don't how credible this is...

EXLCUSIVE
That’s Rich! Daniel Craig Set To Score Whopping $150 Million As James Bond
Sony desperately throwing cash at the actor to return as the iconic 007.

http://radaronline.com/celebrity-news/s ... ond-films/
Money for a role was never important to Daniel so, while this is an interesting news clip, I doubt that it has much credibility. Personally, you will already know that I really want Daniel to do another Bond but only IF....
a) He wants to, large paycheck or no.
b) The script and director are right for him.
Daniel is pretty damn special as Bond, that much is true. The Bond ensemble make it all happen, but if he is not playing Bond, there will be a vast hole in the franchise imo...
:sigh:
And yes, the idea of him making two Bonds back to back is just ridiculous. :roll: :lol:
SilverDragon

Post by SilverDragon »

Daniel doesnt do roles for money and I think there were rumours too after Skyfall about doing two back to back Bond movies?

Dont think this is credible at all.
bubita

Post by bubita »

I've said this a long time ago.
They need to secure Dan for a peaceful transition, they'll do whatever it takes to convince him. If they willing to throw that amount of money at him, they could perfectly let him chose Director, location or whatever.
He loves playing Bond and don't think he's ready to leave just yet.
My guess is he will take it but let us suffer until last minute for an announcement.
Daniel_Craig

Post by Daniel_Craig »

To make it short. The Bond producers want to keep Daniel definitely in the role. With it, they have drawn a guarantor for Blockbuster ashore. Therefore they give Daniel all the time so that he can recover, playing a jailbird, drama and the TV series "Purity" can rotate. The Bond producers would also realize some projects. For Bond 25 they want Daniel in the role. He's good for the anniversary. With a new actor the whole thing more problematic.
caramel

Post by caramel »

bubita wrote:I've said this a long time ago.
They need to secure Dan for a peaceful transition, they'll do whatever it takes to convince him. If they willing to throw that amount of money at him, they could perfectly let him chose Director, location or whatever.
My guess is he will take it but let us suffer until last minute for an announcement.
http://www.indiewire.com/2016/09/james- ... 201723073/
Well it is the same thing as they are quoting radaronline

If there is any legitimacy to this report, imo he should take it and make the next ( or 2 ) movies and say farewell gracefully to that char and move on.
Anyways he doesn't seem to be choosing any great projects in the meanwhile, outside of Bond.
FrenchCat

Post by FrenchCat »

:stick_iagree:
caramel wrote: Anyways he doesn't seem to be choosing any great projects in the meanwhile, outside of Bond.
ImageImageImage
SilverDragon

Post by SilverDragon »

FrenchCat wrote:
caramel wrote: Anyways he doesn't seem to be choosing any great projects in the meanwhile, outside of Bond.
I also agree with all of this :lol:
SmittenDramaKitten

I agree with Bubita, FC, SD, D_C etc and hope that we are all on the right track....
We have been saying this for months now but an official announcement would be very welcome. I doubt that this will come out too soon though.
:roll: :sigh:
SilverDragon

Post by SilverDragon »

SmittenDramaKitten wrote:I agree with Bubita, FC, SD, D_C etc and hope that we are all on the right track....
We have been saying this for months now but an official announcement would be very welcome. I doubt that this will come out too soon though.
:roll: :sigh:
I dont think we will get an announcement saying DC is back. I think it will be we have a distributor and are writing the script? They will prob say DC is Bond but will make nothing big out of it. The summer was pretty much dead with regards to official news. Heres hoping for the winter.
SmittenDramaKitten

Hmmmm.... I see where you're coming from SD. When the recruitment of Daniel seems to them to be a 'done deal' and 'no biggie', then why would they create a fanfare for his return? That said, there's been so much 'will he, won't he?' since SP was released that you kinda wonder... do they not realise we are itching to know the truth?!
CheekyNandos

Post by CheekyNandos »

I know a lot of people are calling bollocks to this report and God knows I've told you time and time again what my thoughts are so I won't get into it again :P... But consider this as a bit of a Devil's Advocate point to it being a fake report (God knows I do believe it is though)

Didn't Sony want to pay him silly bugger money to simply hold a phone in his hand? Or did I dream that? So is it really outside the realms of possibility that they'd offer big bucks like this? I know that proves that he's less money orientated (didn't he turn it down for reasons of Bond's aesthetic? Good for him if that is the case) but nowhere does it say he's accepted it, just that it's been offered.

It is Sony and their acumen is lacking shall we say lol. Plus, would the money come from Sony or from MGM/EON? I would have thought the latter? Unless it's part of the tender and response that it would be how they want the deal to run... Sony NEED a franchise desperately but IDK if they are this desperate. Amy Pascal from Sony was the one championing Elba as well and they all seemed OK with that idea so it all seems like rubbish lol.

It's interesting. Still think the story is made up though, just as much as the "these guys are gonna be Bond" ones.

Kinda interesting it came through Radar. They're hit and miss, though. They've broken some really huge stories but most of the time it's just naff garbage that someone with an anonymous email sent in to troll with people.
JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

The $150mill story has hit the Daily Fail.....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... ovies.html
bubita

Post by bubita »

Jajaja! I´ve enjoyed reading the comments.
CheekyNandos

Post by CheekyNandos »

Of course it's on the Fail. I'm surprised it didn't START on the Fail.