NTTD: Out October 2021

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Passive aggressive? Where and to whom??
CheekyNandos

Post by CheekyNandos »

I don't know how to construct it without sounding like an arse or without massively upsetting people. It's not what I want to do.

I'm just getting a bad vibe right now and I'll probably not be making any more posts in this thread until there's something concrete even if I am trying to be helpful.

People seem to be getting angry and frustrated with other members for what they like (or don't like) and I don't think this is what it should be about.

EDIT: For the record, I don't think any of it was aimed at me. It just deflates me to see.
JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

I guess I'm just the average Bond viewer of my generation (grew up with the tail-end of Connery and into Moore), and for the sake of the cinematic history involved, I would not like to see the franchise fold.

But (as those who have known me from years ago) I threw my hands up in horror at Daniel taking the role in the first place. Based on what had happened post-Bond to previous actors, I didn't want him to take what I perceived to be a poison chalice which would type-cast him and limit his career.

I think over time, I have been proved partially correct (but I'm also aware that I am making a self-fulfilling prophecy here :wink: ). My concern for the future is that Daniel's portfolio from the last 10 years has become increasingly thinner and so where does he go from here?

It's been a long long time since he was recognised as being a maverick of English cinema with roles like Love is the Devil, The Mother, Road to Perdition and Love and Rage. Yes, he is now an expensive actor who has proved he can lead a huge franchise. But his other outings since 2006 have been patchy at best.

I worry for the future. I want to see him doing off-the-wall interesting challenging work again and not (as I fear) be limited to glitzy cameos in blockbusters like Golden Compass.

I want my Daniel back please.................the edgy, dangerous, fearless maverick.

sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Can, if it was me saying that I'm burnt out about the issue of the next Bond, I'm truly sorry. I know there are for-hard fans out there. Look at MI6 - and it provides a diversion from the atrocities going on in the world, which is great. I'm just expressing MY view and had no intention whatsoever to denigrate others who truly care about who will play the next Bond. Heck, it's all anyone is talking about, so I'm definitely in the minority. There was a mix-up in my writing and your interpretation. I am sorry.
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

JEC, we are of the exact, same mindset. Give us the back the versatile actor with intriguing roles.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Cheeky, i see what you mean but dont see it here, if that makes any sense. Imo each of us was just expressing their opinions without attacking another.

But it saddens me to see, that you feel this way.

@JEC, yes , i was thinking of you and what you might tjink now.
Was Bond for the better or the worse? I couldnt answer this question. Both is possible.
Bit that his films have not been as successful as we would have wished, had nothing to do with Bond imo. How could Tattoo not be a huge succes? I will never know. But all this could have been without Bond all tbe same. Bond just opened more doors and he went for it. Maybe he gave up a bit and now concentrates of stuff other then film.

It would be interesting to have a crystal ball showing his life and career sans Bond.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

All we can do is hold on tight and hope for the best.......

Daniel_Craig

Post by Daniel_Craig »

Last edited by Daniel_Craig on Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

We do know, that we know nothing. Most here want him to continue and maybe he does.
:wink:

one thing for sure, he rarely does whats expected
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Night Manager director in the frame to take over James Bond films from Sam Mendes
Exclusive: Susanne Bier, who directed Tom Hiddleston in the BBC spy drama, is believed to have been shortlisted for the Bond job, and would be the first woman in charge of a 007 movie...

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2016-05- ... sam-mendes
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Wow, if true, that might cement Hiddles.

I mean with a good, a really good script and all, I might want Daniel to return after all.

bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

Good. The Night Manager was excellent.
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

I really Susanne Bier, and it'd certainly be interesting to see her take on a Bond film, so this is one of the rumours that I hope to be true :wink:
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

I dont know her :roll:

Maria

Post by Maria »

Daniel_Craig wrote:Why are you all about on this one unconfirmed rumors? Daniel Craig said after "Skyfall" that he wanted to turn no other Bond film. Sam Mendes said the same. And then turned Both "Spectre".

Daniel had signed a contract for 5 Bond films. His personal statements were always the same. "If the script is good, then I will continue." There are currently no script. Neither EON, MGM or Daniel have commented on "Bond 25".

Current Estimation alleged "insider" and second classified singing actors only to to fill the large Sommerloch the tabloids used yet.

I prefer to wait for an official press release.
Oh I have had life get int he way - the nerve! - and I come back and so much going on, or going round and round.

I too prefer to wait for something official, and even then things may change. We all want to see him do great work and see more of him. Do I hope he does another Bond? Yes, BUT only if it is exceptional, go out on a real high note.

Oh I have so much to watch up on here...over the next few days I hope. Missing you all!