NTTD: Out October 2021

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

CheekyNandos

Post by CheekyNandos »

That's HILARIOUS.

On OHMSS/YOLT - I don't know the reasons why they filmed YOLT before OHMSS back in the day (other than OHMSS was seen as safe for an unknown Lazenby to step into the role)... But I do know that people felt a bit robbed of the whole angle with Tracy and the aftermath (I mean, Blofeld gets dumped into a chimney stack in the PTS of For Your Eyes Only........... And you don't even see his face..... Jesus).

In the books it's mentioned that he loved Tracy terribly, far more than even Vesper. When I first saw the trailer for Spectre I was literally grabbing my friend and screaming that we were getting our reboot OHMSS but in a different vein. I predicted pretty much 85% of what happened in it. At that time I hadn't read the leaked scripts, but I think it was interesting that there were more than a few hints dropped one way or another about it being some kind of "rebooted" OHMSS.

My prediction for Bond 25 was actually that the PTS was of him marrying Madeleine and her getting bumped off after Blofeld escapes. Without Daniel, we could still get it, but I think it would leave a lot of fans who see this as an opportunity to get the continuity in as miffed.

Alternatively, just remake OHMSS next and YOLT after that with a new actor. The issue is they dropped way too many hints in Spectre and then didn't close it off for Craig's bond *definitively*... and that's the thing. You could argue until the cows come home about that ending and there's always a way for him to "return or to leave permanently" no matter what angle you take... Unfortunate, but likely very deliberate and monetary focused just in case, as Daniel said, "I have the right to change my mind."
tbossmc2000

Post by tbossmc2000 »

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Boy oh boy. What a load of bullshit.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

CheekyNandos

Post by CheekyNandos »

Gotta get them clicks.
caramel

Post by caramel »

bumblebee wrote:Cheeky - thanks for sharing your OHMSS/YOLT insight. I had no idea. I like that this idea adds legs to another round for DC.

BTW, love this post. Shits on all today's news from a great height, and Hiddleston (who curiously looks like Katy Perry), to boot! http://www.thesuperficial.com/daniel-cr ... wn-05-2016

God that is creepy!

Cant see Hiddleston as Bond. Doesn't turn me on at any level. liked him as loki and thats it...
Anyways good luck to Daniel whatever he chooses.

Wish we could see more movement on that TV series that he supposedly signed for? Is that happening or what?
tbossmc2000

Post by tbossmc2000 »

Germangirl wrote:Boy oh boy. What a load of bullshit.
LOL, I enjoyed the pictures, good eye candy that's about all it had to offer yes?
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Yeah that is going to be our next big deal hapoening or notb
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

I don't dislike Hiddleston, he's perfect in The Night Manager. But way too effete and delicate for Bond.
bubita

Post by bubita »

I went to see SPECTRE with my sister, who happens to be just a regular customer for films, and the first thing she told after finishing the film was "This looks like Craig saying good bye"
I want her eat her words (I love her, she´s my sister :D ) and see another one with Craig on the lead.
PLEASE ONE MORE!!!!!
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

It could go either way. I think of and Eon were sure that was his last film they would have been more explicit by now. Who knows. This franchise is so cloaked in secrecy!
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

It will really be interesting, what they do now and if they do anything. Its gone viral like crazy, but they culd just sit it out until they feel ready to make a move. Probably too much is still unsettled.

JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

JAN MOIR: Oh oh woe! We'll never see a Bond as sexy as this again

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/artic ... again.html
SilverDragon

Post by SilverDragon »

Oh god, yesterday's drama is only hitting Ireland now. My mother came running down me and told me I was like woman its bullshit its old news!! :lol:
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

JEC57 wrote:JAN MOIR: Oh oh woe! We'll never see a Bond as sexy as this again

Hm - at least half dercent. Thanks JEC. So cool to have you here. :D

In the end, I believe, the longer it takes, the more articles like this are thrown into peoples faces, the less he can come back. And I do believe, he doesn't want to either. Its been a great run and its always good to go out on top.

JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

Germangirl wrote:
JEC57 wrote:JAN MOIR: Oh oh woe! We'll never see a Bond as sexy as this again

Hm - at least half dercent. Thanks JEC. So cool to have you here. :D

In the end, I believe, the longer it takes, the more articles like this are thrown into peoples faces, the less he can come back. And I do believe, he doesn't want to either. Its been a great run and its always good to go out on top.
Have to say, it made me chuckle in places....." pout like a sulky duckling" Quack! :lol:

(.....nice to be back. Image)