News tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

sf2la

Post by sf2la »

bumblebee wrote:"Mr. Craig deserves a better swan song than Spectre. I hope he gives himself the opportunity to give us one."

So true. Lots of pressure on him right now, I hope he makes the right decision and does one more.
Yeah, but they put so much into Spectre. I think getting Sam was KEY. He's definitely not signing on, and they did the best they could. Just maybe another Skyfall success will take a very long time to write, prep, etc. Spectre is a financial success, but what if the next is neither that or a critical success. A lot of risk. I'm sure the new production deal is putting a lot of pressure on him by BB and MGW.

I think Mark Strong's comments were strategic. He's too close to Daniel to 'spill the beans' like that. Either he's telling the truth or he's intentionally, by directive of Daniel and team, trying to lead the press down the wrong path only to surprise them with opposite news when they're ready. He knows Daniel would be totally pissed at him for leaking such anticipated news. No way would he risk their best friend status.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

I dunno, Daniel is not the type to think or act strategically IMO.
Not sure, what to make of Marks comments
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

sf2la

Post by sf2la »

I think he got his butt kicked for the early wrist slashing comment and had to do a lot of damage control. From a producer's standpoint trying to sell a movie, OucH! I believe he'll play this one out correctly, regardless of the decision. He just can't be a loose cannon with this franchise and the situation EON is in negotiating a deal with possible suitors. The Bond franchise is an incredible asset with or without DC, but he adds significant value, particularly since his replacement hasn't proven himself. There's a lot at stake. For all we know, there could be an actor who has been told by BB, "Over to you, kid.' I doubt it, but people are sworn to secrecy, and we know nothing except for what they want us to know or if someone slips.

On another note, I wonder what JJ's plans were for DC to be revealed as a Stormtrooper? Was it to be a puzzle from the credits? For sure, he was never to go unidentified forever.
y_featherlet

Post by y_featherlet »

To be honest, I really don't understand why so many people hate Spectre. Even though the story was not logically perfect and the plot was a bit boring, Daniel Craig's performance was better than ever!
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

IMO the story was mre logical then SF's, but there was a lack of emotion, of bleeding, the feel of danger was missing.

But yes, Daniel was bloody perfect and saved the film. Without his performance, they would have tanked big time., As it is now, the film is still a great success.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

:stick_iagree: ... generally with what people have said. :)
SP was great because Daniel was great in it.
That's why its never been about Bond for me, just Daniel and his contribution to the role and the movies creative process. 8)
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

Daniel was the critical factor in Spectre's success, no doubt. Blofeld for me was terrible, his lines, scenes, and lack of menace was pitiful. It fell apart once they reached his lair. I was half expecting Dr Evil to join the romp.
Maria

Post by Maria »

bumblebee wrote:Daniel was the critical factor in Spectre's success, no doubt. Blofeld for me was terrible, his lines, scenes, and lack of menace was pitiful. It fell apart once they reached his lair. I was half expecting Dr Evil to join the romp.
Oh that's a great image, imagine Dr. Evil making an appearance. :)

I agree Daniel is the reason for the success. I've not been keen on the baddies for the past few films, but his portrayal of Bond is so powerful - it makes up for the rest.
SmittenDramaKitten

...HE IS POWERFUL AND SPECIAL, VERY SPECIAL...
Which is why I want his tenure as Bond to continue.....
:sigh: :twisted:
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

It could go all wrong And then he has killed his largely viewed great tenure.
Sp is already seen as a weak link. So we should think twice, what we wish for imo.

Maria

Post by Maria »

Germangirl wrote:It could go all wrong And then he has killed his largely viewed great tenure.
Sp is already seen as a weak link. So we should think twice, what we wish for imo.
True and again - well said Germangirl. I want him to continue of course, but only if it helps him - career, accolades, etc. Plus to make a fantastic movie, that even non-fans appreciate and respect.

We can hope and pray!
SmittenDramaKitten

Erm, I don't quite get what is being said here? :? :?
How has Daniel "Killed" his largely viewed great tenure?
And how is SP seen as a "weak link"?
I've said before that I don't see SP as a PERFECT movie... even I think the movie has its scenes which are purely a puzzle....
But can we not have a little hope that Daniel can go one better with Bond if he chooses to do so? If he genuinely doesn't want to do another Bond, I will support him in that as well. :)
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Read what I said again and you will know, what I meant. And yes, he would Need to do better critically next time to not overshadow his successful tenure.

I like him too much to have him risk that just for the pleasure of seeing him again aus Bond. I dont trust them to get a better script next time around.

sf2la

Post by sf2la »

I'm with you, GG. But I don't think Soectre was a great movie. I remember walking out at giving it a 7/10. I stuck with that after seeing it a few times. Again, I felt no chemistry between Bond and Madeleine.
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

'Writing in the Wall' won the Oscar!!!! Yay! It was up against the title song of Youth and showed Rachel swimming in a pool. I didn't recognize anyone from EON sitting with Sam. He only paid tribute to the LGBT community.

This is the best Oscars I can ever remember seeing. Not boring at all. It's a wonderful show tonight.