News tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

FrenchCat

Post by FrenchCat »

There will be one last Bond with Daniel.
ImageImageImage
Jana66

Post by Jana66 »

FrenchCat wrote:There will be one last Bond with Daniel.
...I really hope for that.
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

Jana66 wrote:
I live your definite statement Frenchy.

He has to do another one, Spectre wasn't good enough to go out on.
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

bumblebee wrote:
Jana66 wrote:
I live your definite statement Frenchy.

He has to do another one, Spectre wasn't good enough to go out on.
I agree. I would prefer him to leave on much better film. Spectre was under par imo.
SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

Oh, I am just getting really fed up with all this media hoo-hah. :evil: :(
I got it all day at work too. My work colleagues know I took yesterday off to watch SP even though I tried keeping it a secret. :roll: They're like, 'Oh have you heard..??' YES I HAVE THANK YOU! :x I normally like talking about Daniel, to those not on this forum in particular and, while I want to support him, I just feel like I am trying to defend him all the time! I will willingly do this but when all the media will do is report bogus article after bogus article*, it really tries my patience.

Mark Strong is a trusted friend.
There is no reason to support him 'dropping a bomb' like that even if inadvertently. He must know that the words must be said by Daniel HIMSELF.

I will say it until I am blue in the face...
NO DECISION CAN BE MADE UNTIL DANIEL HAS SEEN A SCRIPT.
I would not expect a script for B25 to become available for at least another year. Does this mean the papers are going to be harping on about this for the foreseeable future??! :shock: If so, I must seriously consider an internet/media blackout to preserve my sanity... but how does one even do that in this day and age??
:gaah:

I would like him to do one more, if at all possible. They 'threw the kitchen sink' at SP and succeeded to make a great movie 90% of the time. There is always scope to improve on what happened last though...

(*assuming they are bogus... we don't even know that!)

PS. I am not 'having a go' at forum members who report this 'news'... I appreciate being kept up to date with all things...
bubita

Post by bubita »

Someone said draft of a new script have been done already, that makes me think Daniel has made his decision by now, otherwise , it would be a waste of time and money to start something knowing the lead is going to be changed. If they want Daniel back they have to start now, if they want someone else, you better find him first, then develop a script. IMHO.
FrenchCat

Post by FrenchCat »

Well I think it's time for an official statement ! He knows so why continue to keep it secret ?
ImageImageImage
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Seems an announcement is in the air.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Maria

Post by Maria »

Let's all send positive vibes his way....some sort of mental telepathy? (Hey I'm really grasping here.) But we have to ask for more of the following in B25 with HIM:

- PFA

- making up for lack of shirtless scenes in the past

- just more of HIM

(Oh and Babs can make sure they throw in a decent script, plot, the usual requests...)

There. I needed a laugh and will be pouting and anxious and just have to be patient until HE lets us know what he plans to do.

](*,)
SilverDragon

Post by SilverDragon »

Meh, im not going to believe anything unless it comes from Daniel's, Babs or Michael Wilson's mouth :)

I would take this article with a pinch of salt. They might be good friends but they might not have spoken in ages! I hope all this stuff dies down.
y_featherlet

Post by y_featherlet »

bubita wrote:Someone said draft of a new script have been done already, that makes me think Daniel has made his decision by now, otherwise , it would be a waste of time and money to start something knowing the lead is going to be changed. If they want Daniel back they have to start now, if they want someone else, you better find him first, then develop a script. IMHO.
That sounds reasonable... :( I will cry if he leaves Bond.
However, since there is no official announcement, I hope there is room for dicussion. I guess Daniel is under a lot of pressure with different suggestions. No matter which decision he chooses, I will support him.
bubita

Post by bubita »

y_featherlet wrote:
bubita wrote:Someone said draft of a new script have been done already, that makes me think Daniel has made his decision by now, otherwise , it would be a waste of time and money to start something knowing the lead is going to be changed. If they want Daniel back they have to start now, if they want someone else, you better find him first, then develop a script. IMHO.
That sounds reasonable... :( I will cry if he leaves Bond.
However, since there is no official announcement, I hope there is room for dicussion. I guess Daniel is under a lot of pressure with different suggestions. No matter which decision he chooses, I will support him.
Me too.
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Why I Hope Daniel Craig Plays James Bond One Last Time

This is from the guy who completely slated Spectre...

http://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendel ... 3f1d183a48
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

All good reasons. Still, I don't trust them right now and rather have him out of the line of fire.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

"Mr. Craig deserves a better swan song than Spectre. I hope he gives himself the opportunity to give us one."

So true. Lots of pressure on him right now, I hope he makes the right decision and does one more.