News tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Maria

Post by Maria »

caramel

Post by caramel »

Germangirl wrote:I said a few posts up, that I think, they leave each other professional freedom, but if its true, that he still feels his "wounds" and probably will for the rest of his life, he should listen to those around him, who mean well and stop. There is a life after Bond and it may be time to go on with that.

My main concern is - Leave while you are still on top and don't risk it all. The next one will have another uphill batte after Spectre and has to be REALLY good to make them forget, they were disappointed with Spectre.

I don't trust them anymore with getting the script right. Let the new one worry about that.
I mean, even SF was just a great execution of a script, that was seriously lacking in terms of logic. Even for Bond.
I understand Rachel's concerns, especially about the surgeries and the toll his body takes.
Who would want that for their husbands? .. forget about the money and the fame that goes with it.

I agree with GG's post.
Maria

Post by Maria »

Germangirl wrote:I said a few posts up, that I think, they leave each other professional freedom, but if its true, that he still feels his "wounds" and probably will for the rest of his life, he should listen to those around him, who mean well and stop. There is a life after Bond and it may be time to go on with that.

My main concern is - Leave while you are still on top and don't risk it all. The next one will have another uphill batte after Spectre and has to be REALLY good to make them forget, they were disappointed with Spectre.

I don't trust them anymore with getting the script right. Let the new one worry about that.
I mean, even SF was just a great execution of a script, that was seriously lacking in terms of logic. Even for Bond.
He's not a teenager, who may be able to bounce back from an injury, and the "injury potential" may only be part of it, that the press can piece together. We will only know when he wants us to know regarding another Bond film, and yet I jump at any news. Well, I think I do that for any Daniel news.

He may have said - show me a fantastic script first, then I will let you know.
8)
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

He did chop off his fingertip during QOS. :wink: As far as I remember, even that did hurt like hell. They quaterized it without any injection. Like "He can take it" :evil:

I think, it was Leno during whose show he talked about it.

I doubt, he will be satisfied with leaving more and more to the stunt men. He did have to do that during Sp already and I think, lots of action scenes were altered. That's not how he ticks IMO.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Maria

Post by Maria »

Germangirl wrote:He did chop off his fingertip during QOS. :wink: As far as I remember, even that did hurt like hell. They quaterized it without any injection. Like "He can take it" :evil:

I think, it was Leno during whose show he talked about it.

I doubt, he will be satisfied with leaving more and more to the stunt men. He did have to do that during Sp already and I think, lots of action scenes were altered. That's not how he ticks IMO.
Ahh, thank you GermanGirl. Yikes, that would hurt. I get a paper cut and feel I'll pass out. Or swear like crazy and then cry.

I appreciate that he does as many stunts as possible. I know they want him to be kept safe of course. Sigh.
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

John Cleese really has become a self righteous prick!
Good that the comments mainly are in support of DC.

'He's simply not tall enough!' John Cleese claims Daniel Craig is too SHORT to play James Bond and brands him a 'little Welsh bandy-legged guy' on The Morning Show

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... z40ykdo7kb
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Madeleine

Post by Madeleine »

Eh, I don't even feel like reading that thing but good to know he's an arsehole.

I have never understood people who claim someone's not suitable for a role based on an insignificant physical characteristic. It's so moronic I don't even know what to say to them. I'm not interested in who the next Bond will be, whenever that is, but even if I was interested, I wouldn't give a damn what he looks like, I'd only care whether or not he could make me believe he is James Bond on screen. And Daniel sure can. I mean, when he turns it on, he is Bond.
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

EXCLUSIVE: Daniel Craig has quit as Bond, according to Mark Strong

http://www.shortlist.com/entertainment/ ... ign=buffer
cheryl1700

Post by cheryl1700 »

Mmmm that doesn't sound good when Mark Strong is saying it. Maybe it will become true?!
Madeleine

Post by Madeleine »

Yeah, coming from Mark I really believe it, but it's hardly a confirmation yet, still not directly from Daniel and still "I think" and "probably". :/
cassandra

Post by cassandra »

Thanks for the post SG. I really don't know what to make of this article. Mark Strong has been a close friend of Daniel's for a long time and I find it difficult to believe that he would divulge this information, even if it were true.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

This. Like I said, I would want him to quit, but I doubt, Mark would spill the beans.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Madeleine

Post by Madeleine »

Could have been him just speculating and sharing his impression and not wanting to declare anything, but the website makes it sound more as if he's dropped the bomb.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

But he knows, how the operate. If that would be the case, he was very dump.

On the other hand, there was probably nothing he could have said, that wouldn't make it into a headline of sorts.

Maria

Post by Maria »

Even if true, Mark may have been quoted out of context. The media is clamouring to be the first to bring the news on DC's Bond decision. And he himself may not have decided yet or can still change his mind.

(Oh like we aren't searching every source for news tidbits regardless....)

I would like him to continue with another Bond, if it is worth it and he can leave the role on a "high".

Sigh.