Spectre November 2015

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

SilverLining wrote:Hi All!!
It's been a while since I've posted in this forum, although I followed it every now and then. Well I've watched Spectre last week, and should be watching it again next Saturday with a friend. Amazing movie, and what struck me most was the exquisite choice of clothes, especially on Daniel and Lea Seydoux. The scene in which in my opinion he looks the most stunning, is the one in the desert, when Daniel is wearing the light brown/ beige suit! =P~ I must say also that the sunglasses he wore in this movie really suit him.
Hi Silver,

nice to hear from you. Hope you are well. And yes, they dressed him beautifully, sadly they didn't UNDRESS him enough :twisted:
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

SilverLining

Post by SilverLining »

Hi Germangirl! :) Nice to talk to you again! I'm fine thanks, thank heavens for the Christmas holidays I can indulge in some Daniel time :wink: . Life's too hectic out there.
Yep I did notice the lack of undressing in this one :? although his suits enhanced his assets quite well :wink:. I did like the chemistry between Bond and Madeleine Swan, although the connection between him and Vesper in CR is still my favourite of all. But I think he has some sexy moments with both Monica and Lea.
Btw, happy holidays to everyone and wishing you a prosperous new year.
SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

There has been some debate over the Bond girls in SP and I seem to remember I wasn't alone in not warming to Lea in her role. There is a similar thread on MI6 and I thought this guys post hit the nail on the head (as far as this is concerned...) :)

I found Bellucci to be excellent in her short time on screen. She was supposed to play a kept woman - a throwback to earlier times. She conveyed the vulnerability, fear and innocence rather well I thought, and is a stunner for her age, despite visible wrinkles.

Seydoux on the other hand was not so effective for me. I expected a lot from her, having been very impressed by her (mainly unspoken) role in MI-GP. Here I'll admit she was a relative let down for me. She is attractive enough, but she came across more plain Jane to me - it could be the hair, or the makeup - not sure. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, certainly, and she was not unattractive in SP, but she didn't blow my socks off.

Furthermore, I didn't find that the script gave her much interesting to do or say, so she was just 'there'. The connection I expected between her and Bond didn't materialize for me on screen in a successful way, despite that being an intention of the story. I didn't find that she 'emoted' her lines effectively enough.

I have not seen their 'original' language films, so cannot speak for their acting prowess there.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

In a way, that's true, but remember, Daniel had as much to do with how the role and everything evolved as all the other main players. I can't but blame him as much as Sam and the prods for the flaws of the script/the film.

Thankfully it made money, but the next will be much harder to sell. Like QOS was after CR.

For me, its good because Daniel looks good and is so all man, but there are many flaws and missed opportunities the more you think about it.

Says someone, who saw it 8 times :lol: :twisted: :oops:
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

SilverLining

Post by SilverLining »

I liked the film in general. One might compare it to Skyfall. The latter was just amazing and the bar they set with it was very high. However, I feel that Spectre had a different aim, that is in wrapping up Craig's Bond.

I did like Lea's style, but it depends on the taste of each person's obviously. After thinking about the film, what irked me the most was how Bond could have fallen so much for this girl, in that he chose her. He usually uses girls to get to his target, and is rather cold when they get killed (Severine/ Solange). Although it was nice to see them connect, especially when Bond clasped Lea's face during the love scene, their relationship didn't convince me as much as Vesper's.
Red-Snow

Post by Red-Snow »

Voting for the 2016 Jameson Empire Awards is now open. Voting for the first round closes on on February 12, 2016.

Would be great if DC and 'SPECTRE' got nominated!
y_featherlet

Post by y_featherlet »

Red-Snow wrote:Voting for the 2016 Jameson Empire Awards is now open. Voting for the first round closes on on February 12, 2016.

Would be great if DC and 'SPECTRE' got nominated!
Thanks for the information. I've already voted~
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

I went for the last time a couple days ago. I just had to, knowing that it was going to be gone for good....The movie started at 11:45, and I walked in at noon. The movie was well underway. I missed the skeleton swagger :? . I've never been to a movie where they haven't shown 15-20 mins of previews.

Anyway, this has probably already been posted and I've missed it...

http://www.cbc.ca/news/health/bond-brai ... -1.3379713
James Bond villain placed drill in wrong area, neurosurgeon says
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Spectre, the 24th James Bond adventure, will be released on Blu-ray & DVD on 22nd February 2016 it has been confirmed. -

http://www.entertainment-focus.com/film ... tqi8Z.dpuf
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

I thought it was Feb 9th? This from the Bond Facebook page:

"SPECTRE, the record-breaking 24th Bond film, will be available to own on Digital HD on January 22 and on Blu-ray & DVD on February 9. "
Red-Snow

Post by Red-Snow »

Voting is now open for the Jupiter Awards for which 'Spectre' is nominated for 'Best Film (International)'.
SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

I'm more inclined to believe the 22 Feb as the release date as its a Monday and 9 February is a Tuesday. In the UK at least, dvd's are released on a Friday or a Monday... Amazon has not updated their website with the release date as yet. 8)
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

SmittenDramaKitten wrote:I'm more inclined to believe the 22 Feb as the release date as its a Monday and 9 February is a Tuesday. In the UK at least, dvd's are released on a Friday or a Monday... Amazon has not updated their website with the release date as yet. 8)
Feb 9 on Amazon, US anyway, and that's the official word from the 007 page: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B018WX ... IAJZ4EGO34

Does seem soon though!
FrenchCat

Post by FrenchCat »

bumblebee wrote:I thought it was Feb 9th? This from the Bond Facebook page:

"SPECTRE, the record-breaking 24th Bond film, will be available to own on Digital HD on January 22 and on Blu-ray & DVD on February 9. "
I think the Digital HD available on January 22 is for download on your PC.
In France it will only be out on March 11th. I'm a dissapointed about the bonus : I hoped for a real "making of" and cutted scenes but by reading the bonus content, I'm afraid there will only be what we have already seen (vlogs, the cars, etc..) :(
ImageImageImage
FrenchCat

Post by FrenchCat »

ImageImageImage