News tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

if this rumour turns out to be true I would be a happy camper :wink:

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Jana66

Post by Jana66 »

Ohhh, me too!
I could add this on my "Birthday-wish-list" for 2016 :D :D :D !
Madeleine

Post by Madeleine »

Oh please, please. My London theatre trips would really start to become a yearly occurrence but I wouldn't mind a bit. ;) Although would it not be 2017 rather than 2016 if Othello runs in NY in the autumn? And isn't it way too early to speak of a transfer before the production has even started? I'm not an expert on these things but I've always thought people start talking of transfers either while productions are still running or when they've already ended... Definitely taking everything with a grain of salt at least until @BazBam tweets about it, his theatre news are usually correct...
FrenchCat

Post by FrenchCat »

Can someone please explain ? I didn't understand anything... We already knew that he would play in Othelo. What is that transfert thing ?
ImageImageImage
Madeleine

Post by Madeleine »

That some time after its NY run Othello would transfer to West End in London. :)
caramel

Post by caramel »

Madeleine wrote:That some time after its NY run Othello would transfer to West End in London. :)
Maybe I misunderstood but to me it sounded like they will transfer production to London instead of NY :dunno:
Madeleine

Post by Madeleine »

caramel wrote:
Madeleine wrote:That some time after its NY run Othello would transfer to West End in London. :)
Maybe I misunderstood but to me it sounded like they will transfer production to London instead of NY :dunno:
Don't transfers in theatre context always mean transfers between Broadway (or NY in general) and West End after the production has first run in either of them? Correct if I'm wrong :?
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Madeleine wrote:
caramel wrote:
Don't transfers in theatre context always mean transfers between Broadway (or NY in general) and West End after the production has first run in either of them? Correct if I'm wrong :?
They've already sold tickets for NY with Daniel's name attached to them. I think it would have to be a transfer after NY.
SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

OOOH!!!!! :o
To see Daniel act on stage is a MAJOR dream for me...
I couldn't afford travel costs to NYC but London would be pretty easy to get to, depending on ticket availability...
Like Dunda, I would be one happy camper for this but I agree we should be cautious and not get too excited just now...
cassandra

Post by cassandra »

Christoph Waltz will return in TWO more Bond movies - but 'only if Daniel Craig does too'

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/chri ... re-7106240
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

cassandra wrote:Christoph Waltz will return in TWO more Bond movies - but 'only if Daniel Craig does too'

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/chri ... re-7106240
I don't think, two more are in store for Daniel or would even be a good idea. Personally I am not sure, Christoph is keen on playing Blofeld for a longer time, since his portayal was met with very mixed reviews. He is used to be labeled wonderful. :wink:
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

I think CW's character arc as Blofeld can be completed within one more movie. It just depends doesn't it and it's too early to debate in a way. I also don't know if its wise for Daniel to do SIX movies but I definitely HOPE for FIVE! :) We can only wait and see....
y_featherlet

Post by y_featherlet »

Seems like everybody is pushing Daniel to return now... so let's see how Daniel is gonna response~ 8)
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

My guess is that he'll play one more like it was originally announced before Skyfall. Regardless of what M Wilson says, I do believe there is some sort of contract in place. I don't think it's one that FORCES him to play Bond another time but provides strong financial incentives to do so. If the story is very good, and we know the money will be set him and his estate at the top tier of movie stars net worth, why wouldn't he do it? Only if there is something substantially better on the table that he would be turning down.

He admits to once being concerned about being typecast as Bond, so he did a lot of different things. But that ship has sailed - he IS Bond because he's done a phenomenal job with the role. I think it will depend on the script and the deal he will get. Remains to be seen...
SilverDragon

Post by SilverDragon »

Lovely seeing news like this, one more Daniel please :D