NTTD: Out October 2021

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

Argh!! :shock: Except me!!!! :oops: I loved C&A! It's not his best work, granted but I still feel that movie suffers unduly... It was meant as Popcorn Entertainment and Daniel, as well as everyone else, did a bang up job ... but then, I suppose I am in a minority here. :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: I really don't get it. If I ever met Jon Favreau I would want to tell him that his movie didn't suck as badly as many people must have told him. Poor guy. He's a great director and story teller....

On the subject of Daniels future career, yes.... PLEASE JUST KEEP ACTING!
Bond or no Bond, Daniel does good work as he seems to have a knack of sniffing out a decent script ... most of the time. I am not committed to Bond because of Bond... I am only committed to Bond because of DANIEL. No more Bond movies for me when he leaves. I am sorry to Daniel because he clearly wants to pave the way for another actor.... it's just that NO other actor can replace him. You can shove all the Idris Elba's and Damien Lewis's at it that you want. Daniel has this role sewn up. I have even wondered if BB would consider the franchise as a whole "dead in the water" once Daniel does go or will she happily commit to finding a successor for Daniel? We know how much she loves Daniel don't we? Whatever good work Daniel does in the future, I would just hope that those who loved him as Bond would go and see these Non Bond movies as well so that the "typecast prediction" does NOT come true. :)
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

SmittenDramaKitten wrote:
I have even wondered if BB would consider the franchise as a whole "dead in the water" once Daniel does go or will she happily commit to finding a successor for Daniel? We know how much she loves Daniel don't we?
I think it's save to say when Daniel leaves BB and MGW will find another actor to take over. Why should she consider the franchise dead?
It's business for EON, their livelihood. MGW's sons are "prepared" to take over when MGW retires.

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

What perplexes me is that DC's entry into Bond was truly a reboot. It's worked magically and generated $$$ for all involved. I just can't see them surpassing this. To own Bond another actor would have to take him in another direction...where?
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

To be taken with a pinch of salt..

Guy Ritchie in frame as Bond director after The Man From U.N.C.L.E success

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-n ... or-6962038
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

What success?

The Man from U.N.C.L.E didn't even break even.

Production Budget: $75 million
BO Worldwide: $108,145,109

I liked the movie though.

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Yes, this is a lot of ****

Uncle is seen as a failure. And I am very sure, GR won't get to touch Bond.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

FrenchCat

Post by FrenchCat »

ImageImageImage
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

SmittenDramaKitten

Thanks for posting that GG... :)
I guess it will proceed in that logical and methodical kind of way... :wink:
FrenchCat

Post by FrenchCat »

What about Michael Fassbender as Bond ? Watch this : https://youtu.be/GvRQtHOhDhA
Not bad at all !
ImageImageImage
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

James Bond 25 - Sam Mendes on Daniel Craig's post-Spectre future

http://www.empireonline.com/movies/bond ... s-spectre/
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

oh god, why does Waltz have to come back, worst part of Spectre was his Blofeld!
CheekyNandos

Post by CheekyNandos »

IDK. I think with the right script his Blofeld would have been far better. As for Bond 25 & Mendes & Empire... Honestly, this is the right answer and what I think in a tl;dr way.
SmittenDramaKitten

No change of opinion for me. I'll be pleased as punch to see Daniel in ONE more... :D... As long as it's RIGHT FOR HIM. So, thanks Sam Mendes, for not much in the way of enlightenment... :roll: :wink: ... The rumour mill grinds on.
:sigh:
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

JAMES BOND chiefs are making fans wait two years for the next movie, in a bid to convince DANIEL CRAIG to return.

The break is designed to give Daniel time to wrap up a 20-episode US TV series, Purity, and take on a stint in Othello on Broadway – with the hope he’ll then be persuaded to play 007 for a fifth time.

But Bond producer BARBARA BROCCOLI will be keeping busy, too.

She set up Bad & Beautiful Productions last week alongside Gangs Of New York producer COLIN VAINES to work on an unnamed movie project.

An insider said: “Studio execs really want Daniel as he’s a safe Bond and does well at the box office.

“The next Bond is a special event because it’s the 25th movie.

“After the huge success of Skyfall and Spectre, everyone wants to get this right – nobody wants a reboot with an untested actor.

“Barbara wants Daniel as she’s a massive fan but she also wants to keep busy with other projects in the meantime.â€￾

When asked last year about the prospect of playing the spy again, Daniel said: “I would rather slash my wrists.â€￾

But with Spectre taking £600million at the cinema it’s no wonder they’re so keen to change his mind.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sh ... album.html