NTTD: Out October 2021

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

IMO, if Nolan gets it, it will be even darker and will have Nolan written all over it. Its gonna be Nolans take on Bond not a Bond movie directed by Nolan.

I was bored with his DK's.

Dunno, maybe I am wrong. They also say, he will want Hardy as Bond. Even Dunda, as a big fan, doesn't see it. Neither do I.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

FrenchCat

Post by FrenchCat »

I don't think (and hope !) Nolan will ever direct a Bond movie ! I love Nolan : I loved the DK trilogie, I loved Inception and Interstellar but he has his own universe, which is very futurist. It would not suit the Bond universe.
ImageImageImage
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Why is it that Martin Campbell's name has not resurfaced? Been there, done that?

Too bad Fincher has to have 100 takes on everything. That would be 100 wrecked Aston Martins and a budget equalling the grosses! I love his movie style.

I've never seen DKnight movies.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Campbell as he was in CR would be my first choice. But he is over 70 and not doing much anymore. So...:dunno:
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

FrenchCat

Post by FrenchCat »

I don't know if this was already posted : 'Spectre' Producer Expects Daniel Craig to Return for Another Bond Movie

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/s ... aig-837655
ImageImageImage
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

sf2la wrote:I'm also not convinced that he doesn't have a contract for one more. We can't believe what we're told or what we read. He used to have a 2-movie contract, but now he doesn't. Who knows what the truth is or what it really means, anyway.
I agree that we can't believe what we read but I normally believe what I hear with my own ears when told by someone who is knowing what he's talking about.

Michael G Wilson says he's not contracted for one more in this interview, so I believe there's no contract.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zJlLeD6UfQ

And they want to keep him and Babs is very good at persuading :wink:

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
FrenchCat

Post by FrenchCat »

FrenchCat wrote:I have a dream : Daniel doing Bond 25 and a big DTD Forum meeting for the premiere in London ! :)
Am I the only one having that dream ? :(
ImageImageImage
Dunda
Administrator

Re: Bond 25 : with or without Daniel ?

Post by Dunda »

FrenchCat wrote:Work on BOND25 could begin Spring 2016
http://www.thebondbulletin.com/work-on- ... pring-2016
the article says work could begin Spring 2016..Wilson says the desitribution rights can be sorted out in Spring 2016, Daniel said they worked on Spectre for 2 years.....do the math Bond 25 in 2018 is not impossible

It doesn't mean they have to start filming in January 2017, can be easiely in January 2018

Jana66

Post by Jana66 »

FrenchCat wrote:
FrenchCat wrote:I have a dream : Daniel doing Bond 25 and a big DTD Forum meeting for the premiere in London ! :)
Am I the only one having that dream ? :(
...I would love to come with you!
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

They would start in fall 17 as always, I imagine.

Yes, another DTD meeting - about time :wink: But for that, we have to stick together for another long time.

sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Germangirl wrote:They would start in fall 17 as always, I imagine.

Yes, another DTD meeting - about time :wink: But for that, we have to stick together for another long time.
Yep, he just has to work to keep his face out there a bit, and we need to save and be healthy.

Anyone planning to see Othello? Or just stage door? Fall in NYC is the best! His character isn't fat with a mustache, is he????
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

sf2la wrote:
Germangirl wrote:Anyone planning to see Othello? Or just stage door? Fall in NYC is the best! His character isn't fat with a mustache, is he????
Depends on so many things :wink:
1.Money
2 will I get time off from work
3 how they handle the business with the ticket
4 what will hubby say when I'm off to NY again
5 Elaine no longer living there so I have to stay in a hotel which leads right back to no 1

SG posted something about tickets can only be purchased when you are a member or something like that....
Sylvia's girl wrote:Looks like you may have to become a member to buy tickets for Othello.

http://www.nytw.org/

cassandra

Post by cassandra »

I would like to see Daniel take on some other meaty film role as well as stage work, but failing that I would settle for another Bond film provided it wasn’t rushed to fit a tight schedule and had a really good script in place from the start. I am not sure about the director. However, if Spectre turns out to be Daniel’s final Bond film it is good to know that he will have left on a high note.

I find it interesting that the courtroom drama Daniel unexpectedly dropped in April 2014, ‘The Whole Truth’, will not be released until 2016, but there’s no firm release date given on IMDB yet. Obviously Daniel’s abrupt departure caused a delay to filming before Keanu Reeves was brought in to replace him, and there was also a change of location. However, it does make you wonder why the film has taken so long to come out. Compare this schedule with that of Spectre.
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

I'm right there with you. Daniel is an expensive hobby. He is a good excuse to go to NYC, though. And we have a year...let's all stay with Elisa! She'll LOVE that :lol:
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

sf2la wrote:His character isn't fat with a mustache, is he????
Othello and Iago in 1995, no mustache but a beard :wink: