Spectre November 2015

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

:lol: I can imagine Daniel being scary, if he wants to.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Germangirl wrote::lol: I can imagine Daniel being scary, if he wants to.
He probably wondered "Wtf is he doing?" :lol:
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Bond villian and ex-wrestler Dave Bautista: what it was like to fight Daniel Craig on screen

How was it working with Daniel Craig?

He is a tough guy. A lot of people do not realize that and look at him as an actor, but he looks like he’s been in few fights, in few bar fights. His attitude is like he’d been in those fights, but he doesn’t talk about them. That’s is the reason why I like him as James Bond. He is just a rugged guy. Before the fight we would always work out, stretch and warm up, and he would always be the first guy there. He is working out, he is athletic, that’s is why he looks the way he does. That makes me just sick (laughing). So he’s not like some prima donna sitting around, getting pampered you know? He deserves to look the way he does; he works for it.

http://finbuzz.com/bond-villian-and-ex- ... on-screen/
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Yep, a nice guy for sure :wink:
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

We look at how SPECTRE finally returned to James Bond 007's world after 40 years... and just what that means for the Daniel Craig era.

http://www.denofgeek.us/movies/james-bo ... st-century
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

This is really very well written.

bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

I think that hit the nail on the head as to why the megalomania-cal and cartoonish Blofeld/Bond villain just didn't jive with DC's Bond era.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

We'll get a jaggernaut next time again. :twisted:

agrippina

Post by agrippina »

I don't know where to put this, but I'll put it here - there is a certain association to Spectre anyway ;-)

Thusday evening I was at this dinner for work - in America it would be called fundraising, but here it is not quite the same, but lots of Very Important People were entertained anyway (money will certainly follow in the following years - it was a very good evening!). I sat opposite an elderly and very charming guy and we talked about food, wine, work stuff etc.

At some point we talked travel and I mentioned my dream of doing a Bond in Italy trip from Lake Como down to Rome. And his eyes immediately lit up and he turned out to be a huge Bond fan starting from 1962! We entered this Bond bubble for a while that no one around us could penetrate :-D

He is, of course, a Connery fan, but likes Daniel also quite a lot. He had done a Bond pilgrimage in London recently with his daughters who are in general film buffs - could not see the Turner painting at National Gallery as the room was being renovated that time. And we agreed on Spectre - too long, too tedious, and a lame villain. Being into finance he had naturally followed the box office a bit and (I suspect) was slightly impressed at my knowledge on that side of things as well ;-)

Grip
SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

Posted this on my blog but it could be classed as SP 'news'...

Total Film has a review of SP in their latest issue. They gave it 4 stars out of 5 which is good but not 'unmissable'. I didn't buy the mag so can't reiterate everything they said. They loved DotD. The didn't like the car chase in Rome... WTF?????? :shock: :? That scene is exciting AND funny! They also didn't like Christoph but I am getting into his performance more and more. Daniel got some relatively nice words but they LOVED BEN. They thought that, should Daniel decide SP would be his last, Ben should continue as Q. Yes, Ben is great but, as he has been acting alongside Daniel for many years now in many different movies, he may not WANT to continue either... I wish people would stop talking about SP being Daniels last Bond. I hope, hope, hope for one more...
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

I didn't realize that Lea is only 5 years younger than Eva Green (she's 30). For all those, including me, who seemed to think she was too young for our hero! 17 years younger than DC. I'm 15 years younger than Mr Bee!l
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

bumblebee wrote:I didn't realize that Lea is only 5 years younger than Eva Green (she's 30). For all those, including me, who seemed to think she was too young for our hero! 17 years younger than DC. I'm 15 years younger than Mr Bee!l
I had one year more than you, B! I think it's just that Lea looks very young (could pass for 25?) and DC looks older than his years (could pass for 53?) It's a real noticeable mismatch compared to all his other leading ladies, but that's not why I didn't 'get' the two of them because most men will go for almost as young as they can seduce. I just didn't feel the chemistry that would cause him to leave his career and commit to her.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Really? 53 in this film. I thought, he didnt look a day older then he actually is. Thats why I like the film. Because he is such a joy to the eye.

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Btw, anybody agrees that Lea never looks real good in the film. In thetrain scene bad make up and for the rest, not enough.

sf2la

Post by sf2la »

But that's just 5 years. I don't think that's bad, and yeah, I thought he looked great. I do remember thinking that he looked too old for her in the train scene, but in reality, men date women 25 years younger - or more - if they have the money or looks.

I think its all relative. To me, he looks older than Matt Damon - 45, McConaughey - 46, Tom Cruise - 53, Brad Pitt - 51. But those guys aren't handsome or sexy to me - Daniel is. I think he looks younger/more boyish with longer hair, like at the beginning of Betrayal. But it's all good.

Agree about Lea. I just don't see her being a memorable Bond girl despite the fact that she had a lot of lines for one.