Rachel Weisz film news

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Dunda wrote:It's really sad! :(

I wonder if we ever get to know WHY?
Hmm, I'm sure he had good enough reason but why leave to the last minute?
Others involved in this production must be fuming.

Also I didn't know Danny Huston had been cast.
purple

Post by purple »

That's a pity :( I suppose he had his reasons and it is not up to me to judge or question them...but I can't help wonder what the effect will be on his career this being the second time in a row he does that

I am also a bit disappoined to see him stuck only with Bond for the moment - no matter how fun and wonderful those movies are, he is too good of an actor to do only that (I am talking movies, not theatre)
SilverLining

Post by SilverLining »

purple wrote:That's a pity :( I suppose he had his reasons and it is not up to me to judge or question them...but I can't help wonder what the effect will be on his career this being the second time in a row he does that

I am also a bit disappoined to see him stuck only with Bond for the moment - no matter how fun and wonderful those movies are, he is too good of an actor to do only that (I am talking movies, not theatre)
My same thought exactly, especially the bold ones. The thing is, that he should concentrate on other projects.... JB won't be around for ever, and he can work on other characters as amazing as JB!
It's really peculiar that he pulled out of TWT on the last minute, after he has been preparing for the movie (going to a real courtroom, having a dialect coach...) for so long. There must be a good reason for this! :?
purple

Post by purple »

Exactly. All I could think of were health related reasons and I trully hope it's not that :(

Maybe he is tired and he just felt like he needed a break before starting to prepare for Bond; but why sign first and then decide it is time for a break? I would also tend to rule out cast related reasons - he seems to be a good professionnal who wouldn't throw a tantrum because he doesn't like a fellow co-worker.
SilverLining

Post by SilverLining »

:stick_iagree:
Yes it could be he needed a break before shooting Bond, since it involves a lot of action. But why sign first?
Maybe it has to do with spending time in Ireland with Rachel.
purple

Post by purple »

But didn't he know about the Ireland project before signing? :?
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

SilverLining wrote::stick_iagree:
Yes it could be he needed a break before shooting Bond, since it involves a lot of action. But why sign first?
Maybe it has to do with spending time in Ireland with Rachel.
You really think he needs a break?
He finished Betrayal in Jan. This shoot would have been over by end June.
I really don't think that is the reason for him pulling out.
SilverLining

Post by SilverLining »

Yeah he had all the projects planned already (Ireland, Bond) before signing for TWT, so he knew what he was getting into.
Maybe there was some misunderstanding internally with the producers or other people involved? :dunno:

Back to work, talk to you soon :)
CockHargreaves

Post by CockHargreaves »

Sylvia's girl wrote:Daniel Craig Drops Out Of ‘The Whole Truth’

http://www.deadline.com/2014/04/daniel- ... ole-truth/

Daniel Craig Abruptly Drops Out of 'The Whole Truth'

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/d ... uth-694642
Did you see the comment on the first link? "I hate actors and their reps". As much as it's nasty, I can understand that someone dropping out of a project only a week before it's about to start will have a potentially devastating effect on others in the project. People could lose out on weeks of pay over this, if things get delayed so much as to cause them to miss out on other projects. I am not thinking of people like RZ, but the ordinary film crew who need to make a living.
For that reason I can't believe Daniel took this decision lightly. But I hope he isn't going to be held up as an example of someone who is unreliable, now that word has leaked out.
purple

Post by purple »

Completely agree with you CockH.
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

CockHargreaves wrote:
Sylvia's girl wrote:Daniel Craig Drops Out Of ‘The Whole Truth’

http://www.deadline.com/2014/04/daniel- ... ole-truth/

Daniel Craig Abruptly Drops Out of 'The Whole Truth'

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/d ... uth-694642
Did you see the comment on the first link? "I hate actors and their reps". As much as it's nasty, I can understand that someone dropping out of a project only a week before it's about to start will have a potentially devastating effect on others in the project. People could lose out on weeks of pay over this, if things get delayed so much as to cause them to miss out on other projects. I am not thinking of people like RZ, but the ordinary film crew who need to make a living.
For that reason I can't believe Daniel took this decision lightly. But I hope he isn't going to be held up as an example of someone who is unreliable, now that word has leaked out.
He must have had good reason. I'm sure he cringes at the thought of letting them down at the last minute.
Maybe his PR will issue some sort of statement soon.
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Maybe filming for Bond24 has been brought forward.....?
( I know it's unlikely)
purple

Post by purple »

I don't know SL, I just hope there will be a sort of official explanation (has there been one for the MM episode?). For the time being, things look pretty nasty even for a fan like me...That first comment CockH pointed out- no matter how harshly it was put, I have to agree with it: all the people involved in this project who are now jobless...when you do not honour a commitment, there better be a good reason for that...
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

purple wrote:I don't know SL, I just hope there will be a sort of official explanation (has there been one for the MM episode?). For the time being, things look pretty nasty even for a fan like me...That first comment CockH pointed out- no matter how harshly it was put, I have to agree with it: all the people involved in this project who are now jobless...when you do not honour a commitment, there better be a good reason for that...
Nothing official, at least I don't recall any statement.

But this was another case, he pulled back long before the filming started.

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
CockHargreaves

Post by CockHargreaves »

Dunda wrote:
purple wrote:I don't know SL, I just hope there will be a sort of official explanation (has there been one for the MM episode?). For the time being, things look pretty nasty even for a fan like me...That first comment CockH pointed out- no matter how harshly it was put, I have to agree with it: all the people involved in this project who are now jobless...when you do not honour a commitment, there better be a good reason for that...
Nothing official, at least I don't recall any statement.

But this was another case, he pulled back long before the filming started.
I don't recall any statement about TMM either, but as Dunda says he pulled out of that with enough time for them to find someone else.
I watched Damon, Bonneville and Murray on the Graham Norton show when TMM came out in the UK, and it was very interesting - Hugh Bonneville said that when he received the script, another very well-known actor's name was on it. He refused to reveal who it was. I've a feeling it must have been Daniel.

In the case of TWT, I do think the people affected by the delays deserve an explanation. I know Daniel doesn't really care what people think of him, but no one wants to be known as a flake, surely?
As I said earlier, I am confident that he must have had a very good reason for dropping out. But I can't help feeling disappointed that there will be such a long wait now before we see him in a new movie. It's hard to imagine him being able to fit in anything new before Bond starts in earnest.