DC and RW news and tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Littlesue wrote:
Germangirl wrote:
Sylvia's girl wrote: He's a very famous British playwrite and screenwriter. He also won The Nobel Prize for Literature a few years ago.
Do you think, he is too serious?
He is very 'heavy going'
Yep, can be, although I must admit I don't really know this play.
I did post the film version starring Jeremy Irons and Ben Kingsley on this thread a couple of days ago if anyones interested.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Yes here. Haven't gotten throug to it, but will. Thanks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyHjNgls264
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Oops!

DANIEL Craig snapped at a fan while shopped with wife Rachel Weisz at a market near their NYC home.

The James Bond star spotted a suspicious guy lurking nearby…pointing a cell phone right at them.

Craig reportedly went over to the guy, snatched the phone, and said, “Is watching me food shopping with my wife all that interesting to you?”

“Daniel was really angry but before he could do something he might regret – like destroy the phone – Rachel stepped in and gave the guy a stern, but polite, lecture on privacy, then ordered hubby to give the phone back,” a source said

“Daniel handed it over, but asked the guy to please delete the video he’d taken.

“The man obliged, erased it pronto while apologizing for the incident, then quickly split as Daniel and Rachel went back to their shopping.”

http://www.showbizspy.com/article/25800 ... t-fan.html
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Have to say, I am not always happy, when he is snappy, but here "Well done, Daniel" He sure is insistant in his protection of privacy. Never moved a millimeter away from his attitude in all this time. One has to admire that. A man - a word. That guy must have had some scary minutes. Seeing an angry DC coming towards you can't really be all that much fun. :lol:

Thanks Sylvia.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Germangirl wrote:Seeing an angry DC coming towards you can't really be all that much fun. :lol:
but HOT :twisted:

http://www.dedicatedtodaniel.com/forum/ ... .php?t=878

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Its very reminiscent of that time in Harvey Nichols are few years ago.
Tuulia

Post by Tuulia »

How do you know it's even true? I'm not saying it couldn't be, but...
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Tuulia wrote:How do you know it's even true? I'm not saying it couldn't be, but...
Well we don't know for sure.
He has though acted in a similar way before. :wink:
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

reminds me a lot of that scene on St. Barth, where he went to that guy who was hiding and filming him.

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Vynera

Post by Vynera »

Dunda wrote:reminds me a lot of that scene on St. Barth, where he went to that guy who was hiding and filming him.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZsSTdzMv3M
"A woman looks beautiful when she's true to herself. Her inner beauty shines through. It's like being in love--it shows. You have a natural glow, you can't help but beam--that's beautiful."
-Rachel Weisz
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Tuulia wrote:How do you know it's even true? I'm not saying it couldn't be, but...
You can never say for sure, but I can imagine him to react like that.

Tuulia

Post by Tuulia »

Sure. But I actually think the gossip sites/mags and tabloids really DO imagine a lot of stuff as well as embellish/distort existing stuff. In short, I don't take anything they say seriously, and don't normally read them, either, since I find them not only unreliable, but highly unpleasant, doing exactly the type of "journalism" I despise - engaging, directly or indirectly, in gossiping, sensationalism, stalking, invasion of privacy and so on. Even if the story above is true, it's still not something I need to know or feel comfortable reading.

I've never been a fan of a movie star before, and I try to adapt, but I won't be dropping my media cynicism, and yes, I do realize what the relatively easy, at least partial solution to the problem I have might be - I need to stop checking this thread. :)
tampa

Post by tampa »

Tuulia wrote:Sure. But I actually think the gossip sites/mags and tabloids really DO imagine a lot of stuff as well as embellish/distort existing stuff. In short I don't take anything they say seriously, and don't normally read them, either, since I find them not only unreliable, but highly unpleasant, doing exactly the type of "journalism" I despise - engaging in, directly or indirectly, in gossiping, sensationalism, stalking, invasion of privacy and so on. Even if the story above is true, it's still not something I need to know or feel comfortable reading.

I've never been a fan of a movie star before, and I try to adapt, but I won't be dropping my media cynicism, and yes, I do realize what the relatively easy, at least partial solution to the problem I have might be - I need to stop checking this thread. :)
Don't drop your "media cynicism." You are dead right about what you are posting.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Tuulia wrote:Sure. But I actually think the gossip sites/mags and tabloids really DO imagine a lot of stuff as well as embellish/distort existing stuff. In short I don't take anything they say seriously, and don't normally read them, either, since I find them not only unreliable, but highly unpleasant, doing exactly the type of "journalism" I despise - engaging in, directly or indirectly, in gossiping, sensationalism, stalking, invasion of privacy and so on. Even if the story above is true, it's still not something I need to know or feel comfortable reading.

I've never been a fan of a movie star before, and I try to adapt, but I won't be dropping my media cynicism, and yes, I do realize what the easy solution to the problem I have is - I need to stop checking this thread. :)
I think, ALL of us see it in the same way. Don't drop it, you are right to think like this. You cannot imagine - after 6 years plus - how much untrue crap we have read and where we KNEW, it was crap. You get used to it. Some of it, you can right away throw into the bin, other stuff MIGHT be true and then there are those, that can be really hurtful - like stories about kissing a man on a parking lot etc. These are the ones, I truly hate, because they are untrue, but can be believed by many and the tweets are full of it then.

Media is a whore, always was and always will be. Another reason, why he acts with them the way he does, I suppose. So - don't think, we believe it, just because its written on paper, but we know often, what's within character possibility and what is not. This is...and if it has happened, like I said - well done from both.

caramel

Post by caramel »

Sylvia's girl wrote:Oops!

DANIEL Craig snapped at a fan while shopped with wife Rachel Weisz at a market near their NYC home.

http://www.showbizspy.com/article/25800 ... t-fan.html
Thx SG.
I can see this happening.... of course we are seasoned (pun unintended) here to take gossip with a grain of salt.

IF true, what that guy did is wrong or at the least he should have practiced more stealth :P
Anyways I kinda sorta feel bad for him for being told off by Daniel. That can't be a good feeling.
But then again he had his own personal vision of Bond coming to life to snatch his phone away from him :lol:

And I liked the part where Rachel supposedly "ordered" Daniel to give the phone back to him. Sexy!