Free speech or how do we want our discussions?

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Germangirl

Free speech or how do we want our discussions?

Post by Germangirl »

I put this thread in here, because this side is visited by everybody, I assume.

From what I read, some people here have a feeling of censorship (right now about DC and RW). If that is so, then I am doing something wrong. It was never my intention. I try my best to find that fine line and that is not always easy.
We all want a nice, friendly forum, where the tone is respectful. I think, the way it was handdled over the years to make sure, it stays that way was successful, because it turns off the people, who come here to troll the threads and cast mischief.

I strongly believe in talking about matters, that annoy or anger us. Only talking can help to change matters - only if I know, what I do wrong, can I change it or at least think about it.

So - this thread will be my personal "GG, this was shit" thread and I really hope, you guys will do me the honor to use it. I am not easily offended, I'd like to add - so just say, what's on your mind.
Last edited by Germangirl on Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

cheryl1700

Post by cheryl1700 »

Just copied my last off of jec's fan creations thread:-

I think everyone is entitled to their opinion, I must admit i have stayed off the news thread as sometimes it gets far to overheated. Maybe we should all think alittle before getting too heated up and slanging someone elses thoughts off, its fine to have a different opinion, we just have to say we agree to disagree, we dont have to get angry with each other about it eh.

I think some members have stayed off the news thread because its just not worth expressing their opinion as some people dont respect it, i know i have stopped posting at times there, just not worth the fuss or ankle biting. I dont want people deleting their posts either, I think members do this as they dont want to get in a slanging match with people they genuinely really like, its just this time and the last time, especially the last time when we had news of Danny boy.
We are all good friends here arent we, we all like the crack here, lets let everyone express their opinions thoughts, politely of course, I think Jec has done it politely myself. I dont think we should have to keep our mouths shut either why cant we all chat about it like sitting on the settee in my front room.

Yep, I dont think Daniel will get a better, settling down, marrying type of girl than Sats, I was abit miffed in november when i heard the splitting up rumour, but u know more fool him. What i dont understand is RW is the spitting image of Sats. I do think Daniel is the one with, if it a problem of committment or something, as i am a woman, that would be a major problem for me. If our paths ever crossed, (I wish in my dreamworld) it would be a major prob for me, plus couldnt stand the red carpet lifestyle, would never work, just love dreaming about him.
He's a good looking bloke, good husband material not i think. But who knows if i was a high paid actress and the going got tough with my partner, and men were waiting in line for me, maybe i would split up and do exactly the same. He certainly seems to have the seven year itch, (and i would certainly like to stratch it for him). Sorry NC again. If i was his mother I would be concerned over him.(mother superior speaking now)

Anyway, I think we should all chat, it is our business we are the dedicated to daniel forum, and no more deleting posts please please, let our feelings out nicely, and if you dont agree with it, if u cant be polite than dont post a reply till u can.
This is a great forum, with really good mods and admin. Lets not people fall out, especially over Daniel Craig who i certainly cant figure out.
Big hugs, especially to Jec who has the guts to speak her mind and bring it up and get her point of view across politely. We need more of that sort of posts me thinks. Met some really lovely people here and I think most of us feel the same way.
luv cheryl x
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Thanks Sheryl :D is there anything you think I can do to guarantee that emotional situations like this are not getting out of hand??
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

cheryl1700

Post by cheryl1700 »

Not that i can think off gg, just as long as people are polite to one another, and not fly off the handle, or if they do apologise soon as, but thats not your job to make them do that. Who knows!!
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

cheryl1700 wrote:Not that i can think off gg, just as long as people are polite to one another, and not fly off the handle, or if they do apologise soon as, but thats not your job to make them do that. Who knows!!
Maybe there IS no way to completely avoid it, because emotions involved make it more difficult, but having NO emotion would be a poor thing as well :dunno:

Anglophile

Re: Free speech

Post by Anglophile »

Germangirl wrote:So - this thread will be my personal "GG, this was shit" thread and I really hope, you guys will do me the honor to use it. I am not easily offended, I'd like to add - so just say, what's on your mind.
OoOoOh I like that! I don't have anything to contribute at this time but I'm sure I'll find something sooner or later if I try hard enough... :twisted: :wink: :lol:
The more joy we have, the more nearly perfect we are. ~Spinoza~
Germangirl

Re: Free speech

Post by Germangirl »

Anglophile wrote:
Germangirl wrote:So - this thread will be my personal "GG, this was shit" thread and I really hope, you guys will do me the honor to use it. I am not easily offended, I'd like to add - so just say, what's on your mind.
OoOoOh I like that! I don't have anything to contribute at this time but I'm sure I'll find something sooner or later if I try hard enough... :twisted: :wink: :lol:
:lol: I sure would like to hear you out, my dear :twisted: Na..just go ahead...

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

As I am as much part of it as as anybody else, its easy for me to say this - I think, we should post our naughty thoughts and personal experiences in our own blogs or the naughty corner. Lately we tend to be all over the place with DC or personal embodied naughtiness ( who wonders?) but I do believe, to remain a serious forum, we need to stay away from threads, that are titled news or else. To go astray with pics is nothing but natural, but we should consider, that some people are here just for the news in written word or picture. So ladies - lets be a bit more strict and stick to our naugthy threads...Good Luck! :twisted:

chrissie65

Post by chrissie65 »

Okey doke!
cheryl1700

Post by cheryl1700 »

hokey dokey no problem, i can see your point after tonight, but miss miss, it wasnt me on the news thread tonight, not this time MMMmmmm :lol: :lol: :lol:
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

cheryl1700 wrote:hokey dokey no problem, i can see your point after tonight, but miss miss, it wasnt me on the news thread tonight, not this time MMMmmmm :lol: :lol: :lol:
Its all of us (ME tonight :oops:) and nobody...its just the momentary energy, that needs to be focused a bit, I feel. Control, Mesdames, control :twisted:

Its not that we can't go off topic anymore, we always will, but you already know what I mean... :wink:
Last edited by Germangirl on Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chrissie65

Post by chrissie65 »

Well, I think it really doesn't matter who it was or not. GG's absolutely right at this point, and we all should try to keep "clean" in the so called "normal" threads and keep on "living up" our naughty lil' minds in our very own threads or the NC.
cheryl1700

Post by cheryl1700 »

Germangirl wrote:
cheryl1700 wrote:hokey dokey no problem, i can see your point after tonight, but miss miss, it wasnt me on the news thread tonight, not this time MMMmmmm :lol: :lol: :lol:
Its all of us and nobody...its just the momentary energy, that needs to be focused a bit, I feel. Control, Mesdames, control :twisted:
I know exactly how u feel, (its sf she can be a bad very influence, an very funny tee hee :lol: :lol: ), we'll stick to the member blogs and NC, keep the other threads clean :thumbup:

I is kidding, we'll be bad on the nc and member blogs
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

cheryl1700 wrote: I know exactly how u feel, (its sf she can be a bad very influence, an very funny tee hee :lol: :lol: )
:shock: :shock: :shock: Me? Bad? You must have the wrong sf because I am Image. Oh but GG, your comment makes a lot of sense. I'll make sure those other people :jamming: (yep, up above there) don't post where they shouldn't and lead me astray. I'll look out for where they start writing bad stuff and help out. Image

:tongue: :tongue: :tongue: