Old news (but still interesting)

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Anglophile

Old news (but still interesting)

Post by Anglophile »

I keep stumbling across older news articles on Daniel revealing fascinating facts/factoids/rumours, so I thought I'd post some.

This here is another one from the 'Knight in Shining Armour' category (do I see a pattern here? :wink:):

Actor News - 11-01-06
Daniel Craig does his bit for international relations

Daniel Craig prepared for his role as superspy James Bond by playing peacemaker on the set of new movie Munich.
The British actor achieved what world leaders have been attempting for years - bringing together Palestinians and Israelis - reports Contact Music.
Craig, who plays a member of a gang of terrorists hired to track and kill the Palestinians responsible for the deaths of Israeli athletes at the 1972 Munich Olympics, insisted actors who would otherwise be on opposite sides joined together for the duration of the movie.
He says, "It was very inspiring. We did one scene in Beirut and we had young Palestinian actors and young Israeli actors and we all had a drink together that night.
"It was cause for celebration in some strange way because both Israeli and Palestinian actors said they would never have had this chance to meet each other, even though they lived very close to each other."

http://www.mi6.co.uk/news/index.php?itemid=3213&catid=3

And since we've been speculating about Daniel's take on relationships in another thread, I found this one interesting as well:

Actor News - 25-01-06
Daniel Craig wants to get married again - one day

Earlier this week, Craig revealed to Teen Today he wants to get married again - one day.
The actor insists he still believes in marriage despite his failed union to actress Fiona Loudon, who he has a 12-year-old daughter with. He believes their relationship imploded because he didn't understand the importance of being a husband.
He confessed: "I do believe in marriage. I really do. I believe that getting together with somebody and making a public statement about it is a good thing. "I just didn't really understand it before."

http://www.mi6.co.uk/news/index.php?itemid=3263

This last statement falls pretty much in line with what he said in a more recent interview - "you have to put enough time in". Good on him that he learned his lesson from mistakes he made when he was young. Image
The more joy we have, the more nearly perfect we are. ~Spinoza~
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Shows again, that he`s a smart lad. =D>
If all of us would learn from mistakes, the world would be a better place. :D
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

kittin~wiskerz

Post by kittin~wiskerz »

Very cool!

Thanks for those tidbits of information. It says a lot about someone who tries to make peace and learn from mistakes. I'm quite happy that he also believes in marriage, unlike so many other celebrities.
"When I'm depressed, I become invisible....... Maybe not"
SOME VOICES
Laredo

Post by Laredo »

Wasn't there a artical in the archives in 2004 Jan . I think, saying he thought he would marry Hieke someday soon . I think they broke up that same month. After 8 yrs what was he waiting for ?
Anglophile

Post by Anglophile »

I've read that too. Something must have gone seriously wrong later that month. :(
shopper12

Post by shopper12 »

Just lovely. What more can I say? :D
kittin~wiskerz

Post by kittin~wiskerz »

laredo wrote:Wasn't there a artical in the archives in 2004 Jan . I think, saying he thought he would marry Hieke someday soon . I think they broke up that same month. After 8 yrs what was he waiting for ?
True.
I feel perhaps he loves the security or idea of marriage but after a previous failed one, he's got cold feet. I wonder what went wrong with Heike?
"When I'm depressed, I become invisible....... Maybe not"
SOME VOICES
vesper

Post by vesper »

I wonder what went wrong with Heike?

I've asked me that question for some time. Now, I've got a new theory and perhaps I am right.

In Feb 2004 Heike made a film called "Keine Lieder über Liebe" (No songs about love). The film was about a girl (Heike, in the film Ellen) who is on a tour with a rock band with two brothers Tobias and Markus. As Tobias, a young director, supposes that his girl-friend Ellen had an affair with his brother Markus, front man of "Hansen Band", one year ago, he decides to shoot a documentary about the band's next tour.

The film is a real documentary, a sort of real life show, the actors are playing their roles for 24 hours during the whole tour of the band. They were filmed during all that time.

I can imagine that such a situation wasn't too pleasant for DC. On the other hand part of the band, which was a real band, was also Martin Max Schröder who is Heike's partner today and the father of her child.
Vesper - Well, I do hope you gave your parents hell for that.
Anglophile

Post by Anglophile »

Sounds plausible enough to me Vesper, but there are so many theories out there, I guess we'll never know which one is closest to the truth.
Here's another one:

KATE'S MAN DAN IS A RAT
EXCLUSIVE
By Dan Evans 11/04/2004

KATE Moss's new man Daniel Craig has been branded spineless and cruel by his ex-girlfriend.
Love Actually movie star Heike Makatsch, 33, is deeply upset after craggy-faced Daniel, 35, dumped her for supermodel Kate, 30.
The beauty only discovered Daniel's romance with Moss after reading our exclusive story last week.

"Heike is furious that Daniel has run off with Kate," a friend said last night. "After seven years together, she hoped he would at least have warned her.
"She had no idea that he had started seeing her. To say it came as as bit of a shock is an understatement. She feels utterly let down and devastated.
"Heike thought she and Daniel would work out their differences and get back together but there is no chance of that now - she thinks Daniel has been spineless and cruel."

Last week we told how cover girl Kate and Tomb Raider star Daniel secretly jetted to New York for a romantic weekend.
The friend added: "Even though they split late in January, Heike had still been holding a candle for Daniel. They had kept in touch - but he certainly never mentioned Kate. Heike's been in bits ever since. It's bad enough losing the love of your life, but she feels stabbed in the back too."

Our revelations ended months of speculation over the state of Kate's relationship with magazine publisher Jefferson Hack, 31.
Jefferson, father of Kate's 16-month-old daughter, Lila Grace, moved out of their London home three weeks ago. Kate and Daniel have been dating for five weeks after meeting through their mutual friends, actors Gwyneth Paltrow and Rhys Ifans.

Heike was in Jamaica last week filming her latest project, a feelgood movie called Lively Up Yourself.
The friend added: "Heike is throwing herself into her work but she is still extremely angry. She feels that Daniel has been very underhand."

http://www.sundaymirror.co.uk/news/tm_o ... _page.html

Please bear in mind that this is a tabloid article, and even IF these things have been said, it wasn't Heike who said them but some alleged friend of hers, so I'd take this with a grain of salt.
sigl

Post by sigl »

Wow, have no idea what to think about that article. Thanks for clarifying that it's a tabloid and the quotes weren't from any of the actual people involved. I can't imagine what it would be like to have things written about the most personal things in your life. However, I guess if the most important people in you life know the truth, that's what really matters. While I'd love to know what happened with this relationship just like everyone else, I think it's kind of cool that we really don't have any idea. Really not our business at all.

I love Bruce Springsteen and U2, and I've read tons & tons of interviews, articles, biographies and anything else I can get my hands on over the years. However, I know that they both have children and I think they both have 3, but I've never seen any pictures of them and I'm not sure how old they are or what their names are. I kinda like that for some reason. I know lots about what they think and feel about their music, the world, and their fans. Other than that, the rest is private. I didn't realize how little of their personal lives I knew about until I joined the forum and saw how little we know about Daniel's life.

This is getting long and I'm avoiding paying my bills, so......
sigl

"For the ones who had a notion
A notion deep inside
That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive!"

Bruce Springsteen, "Badlands"
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

I have read, that Daniel`s said, it only matters that family and friends know the truth about things. That`s why he never defends himself against the tabloids.

Actually I don`t consider him as being able to let someone down like that article indicates. I really don´t, because everything we have seen and heard him say, just pictures a different character and a more responsible personality.

We`ll never know for sure, though.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

agrippina

Post by agrippina »

Hmm, the man MUST have some bad traits as well - no one is that perfect... And we all have skeletons in the cupboard... But which kind they are is a matter between the persons really involved and everything else is speculation...

Agrippina
Marisa

Post by Marisa »

agrippina wrote:Hmm, the man MUST have some bad traits as well - no one is that perfect... And we all have skeletons in the cupboard... But which kind they are is a matter between the persons really involved and everything else is speculation...

Agrippina
I agree with you. No one is perfect, and though it may not have been as it is depicted in that article, we all have our flaws and weaknesses. And only Heike and DC know for sure what really happened, we are left to wonder in a sea of speculation :roll:
I am being so dramatic these days... :-({|=
~Marisa

Yes, considerably
sigl

Post by sigl »

I also agree with both of you Agrippina and Marisa. I think I'm a good, honorable person, but I have times in my life where I was not at my best. That article may have a grain of truth in it, but who knows how much???

Hope you are all well......
sigl

"For the ones who had a notion
A notion deep inside
That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive!"

Bruce Springsteen, "Badlands"
Anesidora

Post by Anesidora »

I came across this interview to Heike. I thought this part could be interesting ... it seems it was love at first sight at least for her:

"Another big change came two years later when she was cast in Obsession opposite British actor Daniel Craig (soon to be seen as Ted Hughes in Sylvia). 'I liked him straight away,' says Heike, and they've been together, in London, ever since. 'I do my filming in Germany and my living in London,' she says."

For the full interview, here you have the link

http://film.guardian.co.uk/interview/in ... 78,00.html