About his own Romance

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

yochan

About his own Romance

Post by yochan »

Today, I found an interview with Daniel in a movie magazine.
He talks about romance in his real life.
The article is written in Japanese, so I'm trying to translate it into English.

Interviewer: This Bond is described as a more romantic spy than ever. How about your own romance?
Daniel: When it comes to Romantic, we(you?) easily associate it with a beach hotel or champagne in front of a fireplace and candles. But as for me, even in a cave or under the bridge, when I fall in love with a woman and both want each other, and can have a witty conversation, here does come a Cupid. I have experienced some romances, and now I can tell if I leave it as it is because of being busy, it will inevitably go bad.
I know well that I need to cooperate and understand enough each other for a lasting relationship, but I tend to make the same mistakes.

Please forgive me for my poor translation.
Last edited by yochan on Thu May 31, 2007 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marisa

Post by Marisa »

Thanks, Yochan! What is the date of the interview? Who did the interview? It has to be recent since they're talking about Bond...

So far he sounds very candid. We want more, please ! :D
~Marisa

Yes, considerably
sigl

Post by sigl »

WOW, that sounds like a great interview! I'd certainly like to see more like that! I love the line, 'when I fall in love with a woman'. As many of you have said before, thud.
sigl

"For the ones who had a notion
A notion deep inside
That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive!"

Bruce Springsteen, "Badlands"
jovichick

Post by jovichick »

The bit that gives me a 'thud' is the line about having a witty conversation. I LOVE a man that likes a good debate and conversation. Now, I thought Dan ticked all my boxes like, Levi's (button fly), gorgeous eyes, can fill a suit beautifully, has a fabulous voice, reads a broadsheet newspaper, has got a brain that works, likes a pint down the pub......I could go on but now I know he is the man for me when I read that he has learnt that he has to make an effort to make his relationship work. What a man! Thanks for posting. :D
I will be keeping my eye on our Government's money....and off your perfectly formed arse - You noticed!!
Anglophile

Re: About his own Romance

Post by Anglophile »

yochan wrote: But as for me, even in a cave or under the bridge, when I fall in love with a woman and both want each other, and can have a witty conversation, here does come a Cupid.
LOL, somehow I figured he'd be into that :mrgreen:

I have experienced some romances, and now I can tell if I leave it as it is because of being busy, it will inevitably go bad.
I know well that I need to cooperate and understand enough each other for a lasting relationship, but I tend to make the same mistakes.
You know, I wonder if that's what went wrong in his relationship with Heike Makatsch in the end. He has said in some other interview that he had to learn that the hard way. I think his words were, "you have to put in enough time".

Thanks for translating, yochan! :)
The more joy we have, the more nearly perfect we are. ~Spinoza~
yochan

Post by yochan »

Marisa wrote:Thanks, Yochan! What is the date of the interview? Who did the interview? It has to be recent since they're talking about Bond...

So far he sounds very candid. We want more, please ! :D
It was on p.119 in the Japanese magazine 'SCREEN 2007 July'.
And the interviewer was Ayu Ono who maybe did the work in these 6 months.
The date was not written but the article was aimed for the CR DVD release last week (May 23rd).
Last edited by yochan on Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Marisa

Post by Marisa »

This is the kind of interview I have been waiting for. It does sound like he has figured some of what it takes to make a relationship work. I always wondered about that. As for the "cave and under the bridge" part, I am not surprised. I guess it happens wherever and whenever his fancy takes him -My kind of man! :wink:
~Marisa

Yes, considerably
sigl

Post by sigl »

I agree with all above, especially witty conversation. As I've said before, I'm single and I have a lot of friends, many of whom are very quick-witted. I certainly don't want to have a special man who wouldn't be comfortable with my group. Daniel sounds like he would fit the bill....except he's quite a bit younger than me, lives in England, has a girlfriend, and pretty unavailable to a casual meeting for a woman from Minnesota!

In response to his comment about putting in enough time...perhaps that's why he and Satsuki are together so much. With his work schedule, it would be hard to spend much time together if she didn't accompany him to wherever he's shooting a movie.
sigl

"For the ones who had a notion
A notion deep inside
That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive!"

Bruce Springsteen, "Badlands"
kittin~wiskerz

Post by kittin~wiskerz »

yochan wrote:I have experienced some romances, and now I can tell if I leave it as it is because of being busy, it will inevitably go bad.

I wonder what exactly his 'same mistakes' have been? :roll:
"When I'm depressed, I become invisible....... Maybe not"
SOME VOICES
Marisa

Post by Marisa »

kittin~wiskerz wrote:I wonder what exactly his 'same mistakes' have been? :roll:
Yes, me too. I have been wondering the same thing. :-k
~Marisa

Yes, considerably
yochan

Post by yochan »

kittin~wiskerz wrote:
yochan wrote:I have experienced some romances, and now I can tell if I leave it as it is because of being busy, it will inevitably go bad.

I'm sorry, my translation was not good enough.
But I think it's apparent that he was too busy to keep relationships with his former partners lasting ones.

And Anglophile wrote:
You know, I wonder if that's what went wrong in his relationship with Heike Makatsch in the end. He has said in some other interview that he had to learn that the hard way. I think his words were, "you have to put in enough time".
Again I'm sorry that my English is not so good and please make sure that we can't read Daniel's original words, which I am really eager to read.
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

yochan wrote:
kittin~wiskerz wrote:

I'm sorry, my translation was not good enough.
But I think it's apparent that he was too busy to keep relationships with his former partners lasting ones.

And Anglophile wrote:
Again I'm sorry that my English is not so good and please make sure that we can't read Daniel's original words, which I am really eager to read.
yochan, your english translation isn't poor :) :)
That's exactly what I have read somewhere in a german newspaper!
That relationships have to be 'maintained', you must take care of them and that means you must invest time, time time.
Anglophile

Post by Anglophile »

yochan wrote:And Anglophile wrote:
Yochan, I'm afraid I can't remember which interview that was in (I've been reading so many of them lately), but it's in the gallery somewhere. It was one of the really long and insightful articles.
The more joy we have, the more nearly perfect we are. ~Spinoza~
shopper12

Post by shopper12 »

jovichick wrote:The bit that gives me a 'thud' is the line about having a witty conversation. I LOVE a man that likes a good debate and conversation. Now, I thought Dan ticked all my boxes like, Levi's (button fly), gorgeous eyes, can fill a suit beautifully, has a fabulous voice, reads a broadsheet newspaper, has got a brain that works, likes a pint down the pub......I could go on but now I know he is the man for me when I read that he has learnt that he has to make an effort to make his relationship work. What a man! Thanks for posting. :D
And can cook! :D

That's got to be up there, surely.

And thanks for the article translation, yochan - that's really interesting, especially as we know he's quite a private fellow. :)
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

DC about romance, love an relationship:

“Relationships don’t take care of themselves. Romance is fine but it’s not about expensive hotels and beautiful locations - it’s about being with the right person and feeling close to them. Being in love takes a lot of work"

as said earlier, relationship needs "maintainance" :wink: