FLASH BACKS OF A FOOL FILMING STARTS MAY 28TH

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

karendb10

FLASH BACKS OF A FOOL FILMING STARTS MAY 28TH

Post by karendb10 »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111796 ... Id=19&cs=1

Craig plays the 'Fool'
Pic shoots in S.A., U.K.
By ADAM DAWTREYCANNES -- Daniel Craig will play a fading Hollywood star in Baillie Walsh's "Flashbacks of a Fool," which starts shooting May 28 in South Africa and London.Craig has joined the cast alongside Helen McCrory, Olivia Williams, Emilia Fox and Eve. Pic is the feature writing and directing debut of Walsh, an award-winning musicvid helmer. It's produced by Lene Bausager and Damon Bryant, with Craig as exec producer.

"Flashbacks of a Fool" is the story of a hedonistic British actor whose Hollywood career is starting to nosedive as he hits his 40s. The death of his best friend from his English seaside childhood causes him to journey back home for the funeral, and prompts flashbacks to his teenage experiences, including the tragedy that forced him to flee for a new life
HappyAppy04

Post by HappyAppy04 »

This sounds really interesting. Just another example of how Daniel can't be typecast, I love it! :D
http://shutupfilter.blogspot.com/

"What's money? A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and goes to bed at night and in between does what he wants to do." ~ Bob Dylan
shopper12

Post by shopper12 »

I know we've said it before, but he really doesn't stop working does he? He's just finished The Golden Compass, now off to Cannes for a few days and then back to filiming for Defiance.

I guess that means that I, Lucifer will be done after Defiance, or has he done that already too? I know he had his head shaved recently, I thought that was for Lucifer.

Hmm.
kittin~wiskerz

Post by kittin~wiskerz »

HappyAppy04 wrote:This sounds really interesting. Just another example of how Daniel can't be typecast, I love it! :D
I couldn't agree more! He has such a wide and amazing range!

He does seem to be quite a workaholic lately, doesn't he? Not that I mind the influx of Daniel movies coming our way. :wink:
"When I'm depressed, I become invisible....... Maybe not"
SOME VOICES
shopper12

Post by shopper12 »

kittin~wiskerz wrote:
HappyAppy04 wrote:
He does seem to be quite a workaholic lately, doesn't he? Not that I mind the influx of Daniel movies coming our way. :wink:
No, not at all! The more the merrier. :D :D
Lynda

Post by Lynda »

It's great that he's never going to be typecast as James Bond, he really is far too good an actor for that. I love his older "quirkier" roles in films and hopes he keeps on playing these types of characters. I hope he still does the odd low budget/indie film too.
"He's blond ... he's Bond ... he's actually quite good!"
agrippina

Post by agrippina »

There were some reports that this is something that he himself has been developing for a number of years and if that's true, then it's really great for him! Reaping the benefits of fame: it's easier to get financing if everyone knows your name (pun intended)... 8)

Agrippina
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

I`ve read somewhere, its a film, he`s planned on doing with a friend.
So, like XXX, he sticks to his plans. :D
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

kittin~wiskerz

Post by kittin~wiskerz »

Lynda wrote:It's great that he's never going to be typecast as James Bond, he really is far too good an actor for that. I love his older "quirkier" roles in films and hopes he keeps on playing these types of characters. I hope he still does the odd low budget/indie film too.
Oh, I agree. I love his quirky roles! He seems to carry them off so well and is it just me, or do these indie type films just have more amusing characters? So many mainstream films are like cardboard cutouts of the same kind of characters. The "stereotypes" and "politically correct" ones.

I'd rather see something that makes me think or takes me where the typical film doesn't go. Daniel to a "T". :wink:
"When I'm depressed, I become invisible....... Maybe not"
SOME VOICES
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

I`ve found this on a french daniel side : danielcraig.free.fr/

Translated it says the following:

DC has definitely turned off on Blindness.
Within the following days he will finish I, Lucifer and will do Flashbacks of a fool at the end of mai. At the beginning of september he will start the film Defiance.
Bond 22 starts January 2008.

They sounded pretty accurate here, but of course I don´t know how good their source really is.

If you don´t know this side, go there, its pretty good.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Sophie

Post by Sophie »

Germangirl wrote:I`ve found this on a french daniel side : danielcraig.free.fr/

They sounded pretty accurate here, but of course I don´t know how good their source really is.

If you don´t know this site, go there, its pretty good.
thanks, I went to check it out and it's nice to have finally found some informations in French! :D
you wanna do WHAT to me?
Anglophile

Post by Anglophile »

Germangirl, thanks for the link, that site is incredible! Lots of pics I hadn't seen yet :shock:
That layout is pretty confuzzling though... :-k
The more joy we have, the more nearly perfect we are. ~Spinoza~
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

WHERE IS MY AVATAR?? :x

I didn`t delete it, it`s just disappeared! #-o

Anglophile

Post by Anglophile »

Imageshack seems to have a server problem. Don't worry, I'm sure it's only temporary.
The more joy we have, the more nearly perfect we are. ~Spinoza~
Sophie

Post by Sophie »

Anglophile wrote:Germangirl, thanks for the link, that site is incredible! Lots of pics I hadn't seen yet :shock:
That layout is pretty confuzzling though... :-k
I agree... :?
you wanna do WHAT to me?