Isn't that sweet?

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Anglophile

Isn't that sweet?

Post by Anglophile »

"Cannes -- Has the reality craze hit Cannes? Despite the requisite pomp, circumstance, celebration and silliness, one of the most marked characteristics of the festival thus far is how reality keeps creeping in amongst the art and artifice.

For example, the face of Madeleine McCann, the little missing British girl who made headlines last week when a reward was put up by such celebrities as Richard Branson and J.K. Rowling, is plastered all over town. On multi-lingual flyers, the blaring headline "Look into my eyes!" is superimposed over her cherubic face with a plea to contact U.K. charity Crimestoppers with any information on her abduction. Daniel Craig has even agreed to wear a yellow ribbon in support of the cause when he hits town this weekend."

(LA Times)

Thought I'd share that bit of information. Only goes to show what a genuinely caring person he is. (Yeah as if we need any more proof of that :P )
The more joy we have, the more nearly perfect we are. ~Spinoza~
Loofah

Post by Loofah »

I think the Madeleine McCann case must strike close to the heart of any parent. There but for the grace of God, you know?
StarryDannyFan

Post by StarryDannyFan »

Wow - that is amazing - our Danny does support this cause - good on him! I think you're right, he's also a parent so he cares alot about this cause. I hope Maddy comes home safely.

StarryDannyFan xx
shopper12

Re: Isn't that sweet?

Post by shopper12 »

[quote="Anglophile"]Daniel Craig has even agreed to wear a yellow ribbon in support of the cause when he hits town this weekend."[/b]
(LA Times)

He just gets sweeter by the day, seriously.

If I wasn't madly in love, I am now - he's just so well rounded and everything about him seems to be perfect! How can this be true - have we finally found a perfect man on earth??

Living in England, the Madeleine story is quite heart-wrenching - he obviously feels the same.
007cheese

Post by 007cheese »

It's nice to see his support of good things...although, even though it seems like an unusual thing to say, announcing that sort of thing in advance seems a little showy for Daniel. Not that I doubt his sincerity, I would say something, too...but it's not bad for publicity, one must admit.
"Who are you? Where am I? What the hell is this place?!"
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

007cheese wrote:It's nice to see his support of good things...although, even though it seems like an unusual thing to say, announcing that sort of thing in advance seems a little showy for Daniel. Not that I doubt his sincerity, I would say something, too...but it's not bad for publicity, one must admit.
Not that I would want to make him a saint, but from what I know about him, he`s overly afraid to do anything that comes even close to a "show of" sort of thing. So here, IMO its a 100% for the cause, not the publicity. =D>
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Anglophile

Post by Anglophile »

I never looked at it that way. The report says he agreed to wear a ribbon, so I thought they must have approached him, not the other way round. If the initiators make it public that he supports the cause, it can't hurt because they need that kind of attention the stars are drawing to the issue. It's a clever move on their part IMO.
Ang

Post by Ang »

Yeah it's a little difficult to say no in that situation and it's not as if he's going to be against attempts to find the little girl. I just hope it's not all too late, it's not looking good :(
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

He is also Chairman of the Honorary Board of Directors of STOP, which is an international humanitarian arganization dedicated to fighting the traffic of human beings for use as involuntary sex workers. Its done in 3 ways.

1) We promote education programs to raise awareness and to help prevent victims from falling prey to traffickers in their countries of origin.

2) We gather information on trafficking route and use it to encourage local and nat. authorities to intervene to rescue victimes and detain traffickers.

3) We assist the victims of trafficking from the moment of their rescue py providing comprehensive psychological and social support. :D
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Sophie

Post by Sophie »

Anglophile wrote: It's a clever move on their part IMO.
I've seen this " IMO" many times, what does it mean? :?
you wanna do WHAT to me?
shopper12

Post by shopper12 »

IMO stands for In My Opinion. It's quicker, that's all!!
Anglophile

Post by Anglophile »

In My Opinion :wink:
Anglophile

Post by Anglophile »

Oops shopper12 was quicker :lol:
Sophie

Post by Sophie »

Oh! thank you both :)
you wanna do WHAT to me?
007cheese

Post by 007cheese »

I gladly take back my previous comment. Yay for Daniel and his good deeds.
"Who are you? Where am I? What the hell is this place?!"