The Invasion

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Marisa

The Invasion

Post by Marisa »

From what I understand The Invasion was filmed even before CR (please correct me if I am wrong) and I was wondering why it took so long to be out in theaters. I found this article on the "troubles" of The Invasion.

http://www.collider.com/entertainment/n ... 795/tcid/1
~Marisa

Yes, considerably
Anglophile

Post by Anglophile »

Yes, unfortunately they felt they had to turn it into an action thriller. :roll:
They should have left it the way it was.
The more joy we have, the more nearly perfect we are. ~Spinoza~
007cheese

Post by 007cheese »

I'm beginning to get skeptical about this movie. It seems like it's been sitting around for so long, it's going to get moldy or something. I'm going to see it, but my expectations are dropping after the reshoots and all. I just hope the Kidman and Craig managed to make the best of an oddly worked film.
"Who are you? Where am I? What the hell is this place?!"
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

I am starting to think, it might be better, if the film only makes it into the DVD market. A flop on big screen is nothing we could want for Daniel first thing after CR and this is already so bad mouthed, it would need to be extremely good (which it obvioulsy isn`t) to be anything but a flop.

IMO they are very far away now from the film Daniel came in to make, so I believe he would rather have it stay in the can, too.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Ang

Re: The Invasion

Post by Ang »

Marisa wrote:From what I understand The Invasion was filmed even before CR (please correct me if I am wrong) and I was wondering why it took so long to be out in theaters. I found this article on the "troubles" of The Invasion.

http://www.collider.com/entertainment/n ... 795/tcid/1
Oh god, I hated V for Vendetta. They clearly thought Invasion wasn't going to pull in enough money as it was, but surely with the reviews as bad as they are it's not even going to pull in thriller/horror fans now is it so it's going to be failure anyway, why not just release it as it was without too much fanfare, at least we would have got the chance to see it as it was supposed to be. They did the same with the Exorcist prequel and it died a death. I feel sorry for the original director, he must feel sooo bitter!
HappyAppy04

Post by HappyAppy04 »

I hate to be a negative nellie, but apparently Invasion has been pre-screened for some audiences and the reviews aren't too positive.... :?

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/32660

I always take "reviews" like this with a grain of salt, how do these people have acess to this movie in the first place? But my Google Alerts! have been flooding my inbox with them so who knows?

I'll reserve judgement until I actually see the movie (on the bright side, of the "reviews" I've read, none of them are harsh towards Daniel whereas they rip Nicole a new one)
http://shutupfilter.blogspot.com/

"What's money? A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and goes to bed at night and in between does what he wants to do." ~ Bob Dylan
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

ouch...the reviews are really 'promising'...hope the film won't be as bad as they described it :roll:
shopper12

Post by shopper12 »

007cheese wrote:I'm beginning to get skeptical about this movie. It seems like it's been sitting around for so long, it's going to get moldy or something. I'm going to see it, but my expectations are dropping after the reshoots and all. I just hope the Kidman and Craig managed to make the best of an oddly worked film.
mouldy - nice! :D :D

yes, unfortunately this film does seem to be getting a little cold, especially with all the frosty reviews in the pre-screenings. Still, many people hate films that I love and vice-versa, so you can't put all belief on the outcomes of these screenings. The fact that it has taken so long to air is still shady, though.
HappyAppy04

Post by HappyAppy04 »

I'm bummed out that this movie has the deck stacked against it before it even hits theaters. I don't think it'll get a fair shake, but such is the nature of the Hollywood Beast.

BUT

I'm holding out some hope. Just b/c a movie is poorly reviewed, doesn't mean it won't be popular. There have been SO many movies in the last year that have been slammed by critics, but stay at the top of the box office for weeks. :roll: Depending on Invasion's competition opening weekend, it stands a chance.
http://shutupfilter.blogspot.com/

"What's money? A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and goes to bed at night and in between does what he wants to do." ~ Bob Dylan
Anglophile

Post by Anglophile »

I'm still hoping they'll change it back to the original concept. Wishful thinking, I know. :roll:
The more joy we have, the more nearly perfect we are. ~Spinoza~