New Stage Roles For Daniel?

This is the place to discuss all of Mr. Craig's work on stage.

Moderator: Germangirl

marsbean_mrsfishy

New Stage Roles For Daniel?

Post by marsbean_mrsfishy »

I for one would love to have the opportunity to see Daniel appear on stage (I'm sure it'd be beyond my budget though), and it'd be great chance for him to show his acting skills again.

So what roles do you think he should have a go at?

I read somewhere that he's not so keen on doing Shakespeare, and that he thinks he's too old to play Hamlet, which is a shame but probably true.

I also read that he and Nicole Kidman might be looking for something they could do on Broadway together. What about 'Cat on a Hot Tin Roof'- I think Dan could do a great Stan, not sure whether Nicole could pull off Blanche though.

Or what about the vile professor (can't remember the name) in Mamet's 'Oleanna'?

Anyway, I'd love to hear what you guys think- any suggestions?
'This blond, good looking man with the Ocean-eyes'
- Redluna
Lynda

Post by Lynda »

What about the role that Daniel Radcliffe (Harry Potter) is doing just now???
marsbean_mrsfishy

Lynda wrote:What about the role that Daniel Radcliffe (Harry Potter) is doing just now???
hee hee, yes. that'd be just perfect for us. and he's not shy about baring all. but he's too old for that, too, i think.
- Redluna
MariaPortugal

Post by MariaPortugal »

you wicked ladies! :lol:

I'd go the first suggestion too (minus NK, I must confess). I'd also love to see him on Henrik Ibsen's A Doll House - his Torvald in confrontation with Nora (mmmm, i can actually see kate winslet pulling it off) would be amazing.

Good Health To All.
whatever you do it's political, and everything you do should be political- you should be trying to make a point about something. And if you can manage to do that, then you're succeeding as an artist. - Daniel Craig.
marsbean_mrsfishy

kate winslet would be great against dan. great idea!
- Redluna
MariaPortugal

Post by MariaPortugal »

marsbean_mrsfishy wrote:kate winslet would be great against dan. great idea!
Thanks: What you say to a "DtoD Production"? I think we could really get that done. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good Health To You, Your Family And Friends.
whatever you do it's political, and everything you do should be political- you should be trying to make a point about something. And if you can manage to do that, then you're succeeding as an artist. - Daniel Craig.
marsbean_mrsfishy

sounds fab, but we'd need some funding. perhaps dan could invest himself? and if we all put in what we could, i'm sure we could manage it! there's over 400 of us now, after all!

it should probably be a touring production so we can spread the dan around- it'd be unfair just to keep him in one city, when his lovely dedicated fans are all over the world.

oo, ooh, and Mermayd could stage manage it, apparently she used to do that for a living!
- Redluna
MariaPortugal

Post by MariaPortugal »

:lol: Glad to see you all powered up!!!! And I just loved the "spread the dan around" - I guess that could be our motto around this place.

Good Health to you, your family and friends.
jovichick

Post by jovichick »

I would like to drive the tour bus please - but I would want written into my contract that only Dan can sit in the pasenger seat. Failing that, I would like to be wardrobe assistant - assisting the leading man of course and my main duties I hope, would be the passing of the towel to him when he has a shower!!. Any other thoughts ladies? :wink:
I will be keeping my eye on our Government's money....and off your perfectly formed arse - You noticed!!
mermayd

Post by mermayd »

I am so there! Wonder how he'd take to being ordered around by a woman?

:twisted:

Cat on a Hot Tin Roof is actually Maggie and Brick - Stan and Blanche are Streetcar Named Desire - and was done in London a few years ago with Brendan Fraser and Frances O'Conner. I love the film so much - with Paul Newman and Elizabeth Taylor.

I can see Daniel but not Nicole. She's totally wrong for Maggie. Maybe they would do the stage play of His Dark Materials (it was a stage play at the National) if it was revived!

That would be a sight to see.

I'd like to see a stage production of Field of Dreams - I think those two would do the characters in that pretty well.

Did anyone in the US see the stage production of Point Break (piss take of the Keanu film). the actor playing Keanu's part was changed each night and he was not given the script, had to read off cue cards. the point was to ensure he gave a wooden performance and thus emulate Mr Reeves.

poor Keanu! But how funny. If I were him I would have gone and sat in the front row. Cheeky buggers.

I would like to see Daniel as John Proctor (Crucible) and he'd have been terrific in A Few Good Men.
marsbean_mrsfishy

Ooh, embarassed about the Tennessee Williams mix-up, thanks for setting me right!

I think The Crucible would be amazing (not least because I had a big crush on the guy who played Procter when we did it at school, so it'd bring back sweet memories).

He'd probably enjoy being ordered around by a woman, although he might find it challenging sometimes. But in a good way!

Spread the Dan around!
- Redluna
mermayd

Post by mermayd »

Don't be embarassed! the plays are pretty much the same - hysteria, people shouting, beautiful women and butch men.

I don't like Streetcar much but love Cat on a Hot Tin Roof. The film is stunning. It would be good symmetry - he played Paul Newman's son of course.

Maybe someone else could play Maggie? Not sure who?
MariaPortugal

Post by MariaPortugal »

mermayd wrote:
Maybe someone else could play Maggie? Not sure who?

ehem are you taking applications? :lol:

Good Health To All.
SheKnowsWhoIam79

Sweeney Todd

Post by SheKnowsWhoIam79 »

Sweeney Todd would be cool. I know that Daniel likes to take forays into the darkside, and I think his dry wit would lend itself to the dark humor.
"Cause then they would be bad"
Laredo

Post by Laredo »

I think he would be blinding in
M BUTTERFLY or as the gay guy in KISS OF THE SPIDERWOMEN.
Hugh Jackman did such a good job as curly in OKLAHOMA that I can picture DC as Will Rodgers in WILL RODGERS FOLLIES . GIRLS HE WOULD BE DRESSED THOUGH FULLY DRESSED AS A COWBOY !!! Here we go again!