A Steady Rain reviews - member and critics

This is the place to discuss all of Mr. Craig's work on stage.

Moderator: Germangirl

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

sasha wrote:
Germangirl wrote:Sasha, you are back :dance2:
Thanks, GG. Happy to be back! It looks like it was such a busy time in here! Have to catch up! So many news! DC looks so confident and happy! :blowkiss:
Go here for a quick update and all the links.
http://www.dedicatedtodaniel.com/forum/ ... php?t=3399
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

sasha

Post by sasha »

Germangirl wrote:
sasha wrote:
Germangirl wrote:Sasha, you are back :dance2:
Thanks, GG. Happy to be back! It looks like it was such a busy time in here! Have to catch up! So many news! DC looks so confident and happy! :blowkiss:
Go here for a quick update and all the links.
http://www.dedicatedtodaniel.com/forum/ ... php?t=3399
It looks like this link will be my new home for now! :lol: Thanks!
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Germangirl wrote:
sasha wrote:During the Real Steel presentation at Comic-Con this morning, actor Hugh Jackman revealed that director Steven Spielberg is interested in adapting the Broadway play A Steady Rain into a feature. :D

http://www.movieweb.com/comic-con/2011/ ... adaptation

Does it automatically means that Spielberg intends to keep DC - HJ tandem? Will DC be willing to do it?
Something new to look forward to. :wink:
Well, I think its save to say, that Spielberg is keen on DC. Guess it might be more of a timing problem.
Yep, I can't imagine Spielberg or Hugh wanting anyone but Daniel to play Joey. Hugh needs a good movie, and I can't believe Daniel would let him down. But the accent. The mustache (trimmed was okay though). Chicago. Personally, and this is just personally, I've seen the play and am ready for something new from Daniel. I'm not really interested in this. I'd rather he revive the theater role for London so that people there can see the play.

What I'd really like to see is Daniel film a movie in Manhattan. It would be so nice for him not to be on location for a change.
sasha

Post by sasha »

http://www.hollywood.com/news/Spielberg ... ay/7819633

Hugh Jackman, the pinnacle of all things whimsical, has announced to the world that the Broadway play A Steady Rain, in which he starred with the mighty Daniel Craig, is being adapted to film by Steven Spielberg.

Spielberg, the king of direction, and Craig, whose charms are boundless, will contribute to what I've already made up my mind will be a phenomenal melding of stage and film. Sure, the small matter of this not being at all definite is something to consider, but I'm more than willing to overlook that.
sasha

Post by sasha »

Unfortunately I didn't see the play - don't know what to think. But somehow DC didn't have best of luck with award winning directors: Munich was great film but not a hit with public, Foster's work wasn't that great as expected afterFinding Neverland, Monster's Ball or the Kite Runner (may be not his genre?),Edward Zwick (Defiance) -loved the film, but was expecting more from him after Shakespeare in Love and Blood Diamond. Its early to speak about Jim Sheridan, but it seems to be troubled too. :dunno:
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

sasha wrote:Unfortunately I didn't see the play - don't know what to think. But somehow DC didn't have best of luck with award winning directors: Munich was great film but not a hit with public, Foster's work wasn't that great as expected afterFinding Neverland, Monster's Ball or the Kite Runner (may be not his genre?),Edward Zwick (Defiance) -loved the film, but was expecting more from him after Shakespeare in Love and Blood Diamond. Its early to speak about Jim Sheridan, but it seems to be troubled too. :dunno:
Interesting observation.... :-k . I wonder why that is? Maybe it's the adaptation of violent historical events? I loved 'Defiance' too.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

sf2la wrote:
sasha wrote:Unfortunately I didn't see the play - don't know what to think. But somehow DC didn't have best of luck with award winning directors: Munich was great film but not a hit with public, Foster's work wasn't that great as expected afterFinding Neverland, Monster's Ball or the Kite Runner (may be not his genre?),Edward Zwick (Defiance) -loved the film, but was expecting more from him after Shakespeare in Love and Blood Diamond. Its early to speak about Jim Sheridan, but it seems to be troubled too. :dunno:
Interesting observation.... :-k . I wonder why that is? Maybe it's the adaptation of violent historical events? I loved 'Defiance' too.
Well the play itsself wass not liked that much by the critics in NY - they loved it in Chicogo though - go figure. But - as I saw it - it would make an incredible movie for sure lor at least in my mind,. I hope, they will do it. Maybe without the stache :lol:
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Germangirl wrote:
sf2la wrote:
Well the play itsself wass not liked that much by the critics in NY - they loved it in Chicogo though - go figure. But - as I saw it - it would make an incredible movie for sure lor at least in my mind,. I hope, they will do it. Maybe without the stache :lol:
I'd go for that! I'm for it if there's no mustache and against it if there is a mustache. I should be one of those big decision makers in HW. It would be an easy job.

However, there are those sexy Clark Gable-looking pics of him with the short mustache...hmmm.

I'd also change his character to come from a really wealthy family. He's just doing police work because it's interesting. I'd then ditch the JC Penny clothes he wore in favor of Tom Ford apparel.
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

That would be a complete other movie then! :twisted:

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Dunda wrote:That would be a complete other movie then! :twisted:
Do tell... 8)

sasha

Post by sasha »

Hugh Jackman at Comic-Con.
He actually said that the script has been written already!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-yXsp5IvJ8 Its a long one, but on min 11:30 you can actually hear him saying it.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

sasha wrote:Hugh Jackman at Comic-Con.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-yXsp5IvJ8 Its a long one, but on min 11:30 you can actually hear him saying it.
This is great news. I can't imagine them NOT doing it together - maybe even next year after Bond...

bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

Germangirl wrote:

This is great news. I can't imagine them NOT doing it together - maybe even next year after Bond...
Please please please, minus the stache!
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

bumblebee wrote:
Germangirl wrote:

I truly doubt that. You know Daniel. If he feels, his Joey needs it, it will be there, but probably the strimmed version, which was actually quite nice IMO.

sasha

Post by sasha »

bumblebee wrote:
Germangirl wrote:

DC was so relieved when he took them off, that don't think he will be in any hurry to grow them back. (Only if Spielberg says "Please") :lol: