The Funny Caption Thread

The latest and oldest photos and videos of Daniel Craig. Don't be shy about contributing!

Moderator: Germangirl

CockHargreaves

Post by CockHargreaves »

Those are awesome, you're so clever. My favourite has to be the John Cleese one - so topical. But I also love the haircut one. Genius!
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Yes, he looks like the lamb being just slaughtered, which sorta was the case with the stupid Letterman. :evil:
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

CockHargreaves wrote:Those are awesome, you're so clever. My favourite has to be the John Cleese one - so topical. But I also love the haircut one. Genius!
They're my two faves as well.
Brave jec ... :clapclap:
cassandra

Post by cassandra »

Thanks JEC. I really like the one with the character from the Simpsons -- Edna Krabappel? Daniel looks mighty fine in that pic. Your pics with captions reminded me of how handsome he looked at the premiere of the Golden Compass in Cannes, and at the Britannia Awards in LA.
CockHargreaves

Post by CockHargreaves »

cassandra wrote:Thanks JEC. I really like the one with the character from the Simpsons -- Edna Krabappel? Daniel looks mighty fine in that pic. Your pics with captions reminded me of how handsome he looked at the premiere of the Golden Compass in Cannes, and at the Britannia Awards in LA.
Was that the one with the beige suit? I would never have thought a brown suit could look so good on anyone. :wink: He looks so small in the rugby pic!
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Yup, he IS small compared to them. But he is always so happy being among those sportsmen.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

CockHargreaves

Post by CockHargreaves »

Germangirl wrote:Yup, he IS small compared to them. But he is always so happy being among those sportsmen.
Does he seem small when you meet him, or is it just that those rugby players are massive? I read on a silly website once where people were debating his height, that he is quite small and slight - which is why one person on there said he looked so good in a suit. And another site where people were in a lift with him and said he was small. My own impression (from pics, because I've obviously never met him) is that he's probably of average height and slim build, but we get so used to seeing actors on a big screen, we expect them to be literally "larger than life".
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

He is and makes the impression of being of average height. As being of slim build, he is not bulky like crazy with clothes on. I think, his natural body form would be that of LC. But really, not for a second did I concentrate on his height, when I saw him :twisted:

I do remember it was when he was up close - the lips - when I thought !
"Yeah, its him alright" somewhat surprised, if that makes sense.

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

CockHargreaves wrote:
Was that the one with the beige suit? I would never have thought a brown suit could look so good on anyone. :wink: He looks so small in the rugby pic!
The beige suit pic is from the C&A premiere in London. :wink:
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Germangirl wrote:Good ones :lol: Can't remember seeing the DH one. Great pic and capture :lol.

I think, its rather traumatic for YOU, when he cuts his fringe :twisted:
Me, too!! I mean, look at that beautiful, flowing thick hair! And he chops it all off! That boy deserves a whooping! :lol:

Those are great JEC!! OMG, I just LOVED the one with the woman anticipating a possible kiss and then crushed that he didn't even notice her. Haha!! I can relate! (Not the kissing part.)
JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

I'm really pleased that they gave you all a smile for the weekend. Image

............and yes, anything that touches his hair, makes me very :cryblow
SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

My first impression of Daniel is that he wasn't very tall... small but perfectly formed. A man doesn't have to be very tall to be sexy... :wink: :twisted:
Alina

Post by Alina »

CockHargreaves wrote:
Germangirl wrote:Yup, he IS small compared to them. But he is always so happy being among those sportsmen.
Does he seem small when you meet him, or is it just that those rugby players are massive? I read on a silly website once where people were debating his height, that he is quite small and slight - which is why one person on there said he looked so good in a suit. And another site where people were in a lift with him and said he was small. My own impression (from pics, because I've obviously never met him) is that he's probably of average height and slim build, but we get so used to seeing actors on a big screen, we expect them to be literally "larger than life".
Rugby league

Height is not generally seen as an important attribute in rugby league football, often with extreme height being a hindrance rather than useful. However, recent tactics of cross-field kicking have resulted in the success of taller outside backs.

Fullbacks and halfbacks such as Andrew Johns (1.77 m (5 ft 9 1⁄2 in)), Billy Slater (1.78 m (5 ft 10 in)), Brett Hodgson (1.75 m (5 ft 9 in)), Brett Kimmorley (1.73 m (5 ft 8 in)), Cooper Cronk (1.77 m (5 ft 9 1⁄2 in)), Darren Lockyer (1.78 m (5 ft 10 in)), Hazem El Masri (1.78 m (5 ft 10 in)), Johnathan Thurston (1.79 m (5 ft 10 1⁄2 in)), Kurt Gidley (1.78 m (5 ft 10 in)), Matt Orford (1.75 m (5 ft 9 in)), Rhys Wesser (1.74 m (5 ft 8 1⁄2 in)) and Scott Prince (1.77 m (5 ft 9 1⁄2 in)) are usually average height due to their speed and agility.

Israel Folau (1.96 m (6 ft 5 in)), Greg Inglis (1.95 m (6 ft 5 in)), Shaun Kenny-Dowall (1.95 m (6 ft 5 in)), Mark Gasnier (1.94 m (6 ft 4 1⁄2 in)), Colin Best (1.89 m (6 ft 2 1⁄2 in)), Manu Vatuvei (1.89 m (6 ft 2 1⁄2 in)), Jarryd Hayne (1.88 m (6 ft 2 in)), Krisnan Inu (1.85 m (6 ft 1 in)) and Jason Nightingale (1.85 m (6 ft 1 in)) are examples of the trend in taller wingers and centres.

Rugby union
Locks are tall and typically the target of a rugby lineout.

In rugby union, lineout jumpers, generally locks, are usually the tallest players, as this increases their chance of winning the ball, whereas scrum-halves are usually nearer the average. As examples, current world-class locks Victor Matfield, Chris Jack, Richie Gray and Paul O'Connell are all at least 1.98 m (6 ft 6 in), while the sport's all-time leader in international appearances, scrum-half George Gregan, is 1.73 m (5 ft 8 in).
I never met him in person, but Id' never call him small ;)

JEC, thanks, great stuff :lol:
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

He's 5'10". I consider, and have always considered, 5'10" to be a completely acceptable height got a man. Not talk. Not short. Tall enough. Talk enough not to have any Napolean complexes. It will be interesting to see how he maintains his body once Bond is beyond him. He does have an image to not stray too far from.
Alina

Post by Alina »

sf2la wrote:He's 5'10". I consider, and have always considered, 5'10" to be a completely acceptable height got a man. Not talk. Not short. Tall enough. Talk enough not to have any Napolean complexes. It will be interesting to see how he maintains his body once Bond is beyond him. He does have an image to not stray too far from.
I agree. And he had maintained his body really well before Bond, so I think he will to do so when he's done with Bond.