The "Holding Gun" thread

The latest and oldest photos and videos of Daniel Craig. Don't be shy about contributing!

Moderator: Germangirl

mad4dan

The "Holding Gun" thread

Post by mad4dan »

I think this thread hasn't already been proposed.
Daniel holding a gun is something quite harmful, especially for a ladies' hormones. Do you agree?

bond_girl 69

Post by bond_girl 69 »

chrissie

Holding gun

Post by chrissie »

Yes....

Most definitely

Love it!
Sophie

Post by Sophie »

you wanna do WHAT to me?
Anesidora

Re: The "Holding Gun" thread

Post by Anesidora »

mad4dan wrote:I think this thread hasn't already been proposed.
Daniel holding a gun is something quite harmful, especially for a ladies' hormones. Do you agree?
Nice to "hear" of you mad4dan :D
sharmaine

Post by sharmaine »

Yes - Hi again M4D....I missed you.
Hope you are having a good day.

mad4dan

Post by mad4dan »

I had chicken pox... my age! :shock:
Anesidora

Post by Anesidora »

mad4dan wrote:I had chicken pox... my age! :shock:
oopppss :lol: (sorry)

Hope you are ok :wink:
marsbean_mrsfishy

Post by marsbean_mrsfishy »

nice thread, i knew this one would have to be done at some stage: he just looks so hot! thanks!
'This blond, good looking man with the Ocean-eyes'
- Redluna
mad4dan

Post by mad4dan »

Anesidora wrote:
oopppss :lol: (sorry)

Hope you are ok :wink:
Not completely well yet, thank you. I still have temperature and I will see the doctor again on Wednesday. And looking at Daniel's pictures doesn't help... ;-)
bond_girl 69

Post by bond_girl 69 »

Have a speedy recovery, mad4dan !!
sharmaine

Post by sharmaine »

M4D:
My man has the same thing - very painful. I hope you get better soon.

007cheese

Post by 007cheese »

May m4d and sharmaine's "man" both be well soon!
It's interesting, the sort of confusion with DC holding a gun. Part of me says "Guns are bad," and the other part says "So powerful and sexy." Maybe the latter part is just me falling into a stereotypical feminine stance, but if it's a stereotype, it's working. Man with power=cheese with weak knees.

Is anyone else having the same moral dilemma with attraction to characters with guns? Especially Bond, who is also a mysoganist (hope that's the right word).
"Who are you? Where am I? What the hell is this place?!"
marsbean_mrsfishy

Post by marsbean_mrsfishy »

007cheese wrote:May m4d and sharmaine's "man" both be well soon!
It's interesting, the sort of confusion with DC holding a gun. Part of me says "Guns are bad," and the other part says "So powerful and sexy." Maybe the latter part is just me falling into a stereotypical feminine stance, but if it's a stereotype, it's working. Man with power=cheese with weak knees.

Is anyone else having the same moral dilemma with attraction to characters with guns? Especially Bond, who is also a mysoganist (hope that's the right word).
precisely my feelings on the matter. i just tell myself it's ok to be attracted because a) it's not a real gun, just a simulated one in a simulated situation, so far from real life, and b) it's just fantasy thinking on my part, i'm completely sure that if i saw dan with a gun in real life, i'd be somewhat taken aback, if not completely terrified!

as for the bond thing, much the same rules apply. i'm no fan of fleming's writing, because it seems to be inherently misogynist in some ways, rather than just something that has been superficially applied to a character, and the dinosaur approach to women has been one of my main problems with the bond films prior to CR (with a few, minor exceptions).

however, although there are still elements of traditional bond attitudes apparent in dan's portrayal, there is a great deal of new approach, too, which can be seen in many ways: his 'vulnerability', his becoming 'eye candy' for us, his stripping (o thank god for that!), and the introduction of 'the female gaze' into filming techniques being the clearest examples. and therefore, i allow myself to just enjoy the fantasy/escapism of CR, and happily imagine myself as a wilting woman in dan's strong arms, with hardly any feminist quibbles!

however, of course, there is still a long way to go: 'bond girls' need to become stronger, more empowered characters, and perhaps less attractive, too, for there to be any degree of realism at all! o well, maybe one day there'll be an equivalent franchise with a strong, sophisticated, sexist woman spy: until then, i'll just put all my faith in dan & co to bring bond into the 20th century, and enjoy the show in the meantime!

hope all the chicken pox sufferers are on the mend soon, btw!
'This blond, good looking man with the Ocean-eyes'
- Redluna
kittin~wiskerz

Post by kittin~wiskerz »

007cheese wrote:May m4d and sharmaine's "man" both be well soon!

Yes, I do have this conflicting yes/no dilemma about guns.
It all depends on how they're used. Simply put, used against the innocent it's a hideous crime but on the other hand, in self defense with a wise owner there aren't too many defenses that compare.

To me, in the right hands, it does convey an air of power and control and respect. I love a man who can wield one wisely. A thug with a gun on the other hand is just absolutely fearful.

Having said that, here's a pic with Daniel in bed with a gun...

Or naked with a gun...