an 'eyes' thread

The latest and oldest photos and videos of Daniel Craig. Don't be shy about contributing!

Moderator: Germangirl

purple

Post by purple »

I agree with Alina about the eyes. Thet look a bit un-natural. At least on my phone and laptop they seem violet.
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

I thought he was a bit too skinny in C&A...

Alina

Post by Alina »

Me too, Sylvia, he was "stick-skinny" in C&A as he himself said in one of Dragon Tattoo interviews. He looked great in the cowboy outfit and chaps, his butt was heavenly, but his face was way TOO thin. The eyes though :sigh:
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

He said, he WANTED to be the skinny cowboy, but I don't believe him. It was the afftermath of the breakup IMO.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Alina wrote:Me too, Sylvia, he was "stick-skinny" in C&A as he himself said in one of Dragon Tattoo interviews. He looked great in the cowboy outfit and chaps, his butt was heavenly, but his face was way TOO thin. The eyes though :sigh:
And what a butt it is!!!! :twisted:
It's even got its own facebook page. :lol:
purple

Post by purple »

Germangirl wrote:He said, he WANTED to be the skinny cowboy, but I don't believe him. It was the afftermath of the breakup IMO.
I normally try not to dig into his personal life (too much) but this aroused my curiosity: what break-up? :oops:
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

purple wrote:
Germangirl wrote:He said, he WANTED to be the skinny cowboy, but I don't believe him. It was the afftermath of the breakup IMO.
I normally try not to dig into his personal life (too much) but this aroused my curiosity: what break-up? :oops:
Between him and Sastsuki Mitchell
purple

Post by purple »

Oh I see...
Alina

Post by Alina »

Sylvia's girl wrote:
Alina wrote:Me too, Sylvia, he was "stick-skinny" in C&A as he himself said in one of Dragon Tattoo interviews. He looked great in the cowboy outfit and chaps, his butt was heavenly, but his face was way TOO thin. The eyes though :sigh:
And what a butt it is!!!! :twisted:
It's even got its own facebook page. :lol:
I know :lol: The best butt ever!

PS regarding him being so skinny in C&A he said he was stick-thin and then in Dragon Tattoo he put on some weight as the director made him eat lots of fattening stuff (pizza and red wine :) ), to make him look more like a journalist. It's a part of an actor's life and he doesn't find it particularly hard, besides the weight loss/gain was never really dramatic in his case.

I don't think his weight loss for C&A was an aftermath of a breakup, however. It was him who ended the relationship, wasn't it? And he soon got involved with Rachel. I doubt the breakup with Satsuki could have such a huge effect on him that he lost weight. The things looked as if he moved on easily. But what do we know in the end?
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Right, we can only assume, but I can't quite agree here...

...I am almost sure, that he took it very hard having to do this to her. It can never be easy to hurt someone by leaving and he has too much heart to not feel that. If you look at pics of that year, you can clearly SEE how much he was troubled. Look at pics from the Met Ball, for example. Oh dear...
I doubt, I could still like him, if he just comes and goes in and out of a partnership - a longtime on top - and not show any emotion or care. He wouldn't be the man, i think, he is. Nothing wrong though with falling in love or, as a result, leaving. Doesn't mean, you all of a sudden don't like the other partner anymore IMO.

I just remember, that he was referring to a couple of difficult years (meaning the time between the break and finally settling down in marriage) in an interview (written)
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

CockHargreaves

Post by CockHargreaves »

He'd have to be a heartless bastard to move on and not feel it after so long together. I think he was particularly grateful to her for keeping him sane through all the shit that happened over him becoming Bond. Whatever went on between them, I do think he looked a bit more haggard after that. So I have to agree with GG on this one.
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

CockHargreaves wrote:He'd have to be a heartless bastard to move on and not feel it after so long together. I think he was particularly grateful to her for keeping him sane through all the shit that happened over him becoming Bond. Whatever went on between them, I do think he looked a bit more haggard after that. So I have to agree with GG on this one.
Yeah, he started to lose weight quite some time before C&A commenced shooting.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Alina

Post by Alina »

I'm NOT saying that breaking up with Satsuki didn't have ANY emotional impact on Daniel. I NEVER implied that in my post, not to mention him being a heartless bastard (sic!). Let's not go to extremes. He's a normal human being and such things affect everybody, so he must have felt quite bad as well after it all happened, mainly because he fully realised how hurt Satsuki must have been.
However, I don't think he was traumatized or devastated to the point of a significant weight loss. He may have felt troubled, guilty and lousy then, but he DID move on quite soon after that and married Rachel just after six months of dating.
And the idea of him NOT being heavily traumatized after a breakup with Satsuki doesn't make me love him ANY less.
CockHargreaves

Post by CockHargreaves »

Point taken, Alina. I don't think he was "heavily traumatised" either. But stressed, definitely - some people do lose weight through stress (not me, unfortunately!).
I've just googled "Daniel Craig in 2011" to look for pics and there are several papz shots from January and February that seem to me to show him looking a bit thin in the face, eg http://www.justjared.com/2011/02/13/dan ... x-liftoff/ and by then he was already with Rachel. Even allowing for the happiness of falling in love, I think the pics do suggest he had a lot of emotional upheaval that may have contributed to him looking thinner than usual at that time.