hat contest

The latest and oldest photos and videos of Daniel Craig. Don't be shy about contributing!

Moderator: Germangirl

Sazza

Post by Sazza »

Vesper Lynd 007 wrote:
Sazza wrote:
Germangirl wrote:Guess I have a thing for reluctant heros... :roll:
Oh me too! I have such a thing for Tuvia! :oops:
Me, too! I just can't help myself. I just love him :D.
There is just something about him that makes me go all weak at the knees and then there is the part of me that wants to protect Tuvia too... :D
"If the only thing left of you was your smile and your little finger, you'd still be more of a man than anyone I've ever known."
Vesper Lynd 007

Post by Vesper Lynd 007 »

Sazza wrote:
Vesper Lynd 007 wrote:
Sazza wrote: Oh me too! I have such a thing for Tuvia! :oops:
Me, too! I just can't help myself. I just love him :D.
There is just something about him that makes me go all weak at the knees and then there is the part of me that wants to protect Tuvia too... :D
I love the way he reacts, moves and talks. Tuvia is so real, because he really lived. Another point is the relationship to Lilka which is so touching and cute. Last but not least the film itself makes Tuvia very lovable.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Vesper Lynd 007 wrote: Another point is the relationship to Lilka which is so touching and cute.
Yes, but for me, Lilka or rather the beautiful actress is the only one, who doesn´t look real or rather a bit too Hollywood. Everybody else in this movie, including the women, do look very much like real people - not Hollywood gorgeous but like they really do have a hard time. There are faces worth a study in this film...guess its the natural light, that at times is anything but gentle on the faces, which made it so real.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Vesper Lynd 007

Germangirl wrote:
Vesper Lynd 007 wrote: Another point is the relationship to Lilka which is so touching and cute.
Yes, but for me, Lilka or rather the beautiful actress is the only one, who doesn´t look real or rather a bit too Hollywood. Everybody else in this movie, including the women, do look very much like real people - not Hollywood gorgeous but like they really do have a hard time. There are faces worth a study in this film...guess its the natural light, that at times is anything but gentle on the faces, which made it so real.
May be, but don't feel exactly this way. Why shouldn't be there such beautiful women? Lilka was a higher class and so she must be different from the others. Of course I understand you and you're right with the other things, but this point seems important to me.
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Germangirl wrote:Yes, but for me, Lilka or rather the beautiful actress is the only one, who doesn´t look real or rather a bit too Hollywood.

I totally agree here :wink:

There's one scene that has bothered me to no end: When Lilka is going on food-misson and Tuvia offers her his warm coat, when she came back she looked as if she has just come from a designer set. She wore the coat with a belt that kind of highlighted her waist, she looked like a model.
And "higher class" or not, she sure has other thing to worry about at that very moment.

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Dunda wrote:
Germangirl wrote:Yes, but for me, Lilka or rather the beautiful actress is the only one, who doesn´t look real or rather a bit too Hollywood.

I totally agree here :wink:

There's one scene that has bothered me to no end: When Lilka is going on food-misson and Tuvia offers her his warm coat, when she came back she looked as if she has just come from a designer set. She wore the coat with a belt that kind of highlighted her waist, she looked like a model.
And "higher class" or not, she sure has other thing to worry about at that very moment.
But that´s also the way Zwick does his films - they are very realistic in one way, but then he cannot stay away from bringing in those Hollywood moments for pur visual effect or for pathos or whatever. Of course, its entertainment and not a documentary, but for me, someone like Bella, who was upper class also, would have been better. A bit too much "beautiful love interest for our hero" here for me :wink:

But I do love the way she answers to his question, what she was studying. How she says "Music" and that little smile, that goes with it, does get to me, no question about it.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Vesper Lynd 007

Germangirl wrote: But I do love the way she answers to his question, what she was studying. How she says "Music" and that little smile, that goes with it, does get to me, no question about it.
That's a very cute scene indeed. The way she handles Tuvia is very cute. IMO it isn't so wrong to show her the way they did. For me her worries seem clear. I like Alexa's way of interpreting Lilka and especially the scene where Tuvia gets to know about the pregnancy and the following kiss is very good and touching.
In the end it's a personal way of interpretation and it seems like there are some different ones this time. But that's what this forum is for :D.
Vesper Lynd 007

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Vesper Lynd 007 wrote: In the end it's a personal way of interpretation and it seems like there are some different ones this time. But that's what this forum is for :D.
And we can be glad, that we are able to express ourselves here without hurting any feelings. In german we say "Der Ton macht die Musik" which is just a roundabout way of saying that its important, how you transport your opinion.

JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

Still on my beanie feast. :lol:

Sazza

Post by Sazza »

JEC57 wrote:Still on my beanie feast. :lol:

Oh carry on with it. I am having a beanie Daniel moment!
"If the only thing left of you was your smile and your little finger, you'd still be more of a man than anyone I've ever known."
JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

Sazza wrote: Oh carry on with it. I am having a beanie Daniel moment!
He just looks so cuddly and cute wearing those beanies......Just want to hug him. :oops:
Sazza

Post by Sazza »

JEC57 wrote:
Sazza wrote: Oh carry on with it. I am having a beanie Daniel moment!
He just looks so cuddly and cute wearing those beanies......Just want to hug him. :oops:
He really does. All snuggled up in them....Oh yes hug him and soooo much more! :twisted:
Laredo

Post by Laredo »

UGH ! :roll:
Vesper Lynd 007