NTTD

The latest and oldest photos and videos of Daniel Craig. Don't be shy about contributing!

Moderator: Germangirl

Vanquish

Re: NTTD

Post by Vanquish »

Deadline have confirmed that NTTD is likely to move from April to Autumn....Which is both a shame and inevitable:
https://deadline.com/2021/01/no-time-to ... 234672055/
I suppose that means the film will arrive somewhere between August (optimistically) to December (pessimistically)
videnovasan

Post by videnovasan »

You need to impress me, outwit me, compete with me? Go ahead, knock yourself out, I have no problem with that at all.
Vanquish

Post by Vanquish »

New photo (or a better version of something we have seen before), can anyone guess if this a screengrab or a publicity still?

Vanquish

Post by Vanquish »

Unusual request....

could someone help me find the screencap from Tomorrow Never Dies that has a caption introducing the 'HMS Bedford.' I don't think the caption is in the normal DVD of the film, but it is visible in the Blu-Ray. I also think the caption should be available of the version of Tomorrow Never Dies that is on YouTube for all those American fans with access to those videos.

Thank you!
Vanquish

Post by Vanquish »

In the behind the scenes video narrated by Cary Fukunaga, is it Daniel who does the slide over the car or is that a stunt double? It's a cool little stunt....

videnovasan

Post by videnovasan »

Vanquish wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:46 pm In the behind the scenes video narrated by Cary Fukunaga, is it Daniel who does the slide over the car or is that a stunt double? It's a cool little stunt....

Car or bar.....and It seems it is him. It was him over the car in QoS and a SUV is higher then a bar so ...yes I think it is him..
You need to impress me, outwit me, compete with me? Go ahead, knock yourself out, I have no problem with that at all.
Vanquish

Post by Vanquish »

I always wondered what people thought of the airport sequence. CR was the first Bond film to openly address a post-9/11 world. The villain's plot even involves the manipulation of stocks by causing an attack on a plane.

The imagery of an attack on an airport is surprisingly bold and probably one of the more 'political' moments in the series. I suppose it gives the film some real world context as attacks on airports were not obscure threats at the time. What do we think? Was it too political?

I suspect it probably wasn't. It could have been if they hired a Muslim actor to play the terrorist but it was savvy move to not make the terrorists ideologues. Instead we get smart looking European businessmen who see terror attacks as a means of feeding their bottom line. Men like Carlos and Mollaka are hired for their skills in building bombs (we are even told they are not 'true believers' in any cause) and are financially motivated.

Nonetheless, the politics of the piece are present....

(Also, are there any Italian speakers out there? Could you help with translate this interview with Santamaria: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msf2NZUbrwU Thank you!
videnovasan

Post by videnovasan »

Don't know about politics and all, but the end of this long airport scene is one of my favourite moments in cinema ever.....this evil grin at the end is what makes Daniel best Bond. When I watched it the first time I was "oh hell now what?" And then that look......
Vanquish wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:43 pm I always wondered what people thought of the airport sequence. CR was the first Bond film to openly address a post-9/11 world. The villain's plot even involves the manipulation of stocks by causing an attack on a plane.

The imagery of an attack on an airport is surprisingly bold and probably one of the more 'political' moments in the series. I suppose it gives the film some real world context as attacks on airports were not obscure threats at the time. What do we think? Was it too political?

I suspect it probably wasn't. It could have been if they hired a Muslim actor to play the terrorist but it was savvy move to not make the terrorists ideologues. Instead we get smart looking European businessmen who see terror attacks as a means of feeding their bottom line. Men like Carlos and Mollaka are hired for their skills in building bombs (we are even told they are not 'true believers' in any cause) and are financially motivated.

Nonetheless, the politics of the piece are present....

(Also, are there any Italian speakers out there? Could you help with translate this interview with Santamaria: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msf2NZUbrwU Thank you!
Last edited by videnovasan on Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vanquish

Post by Vanquish »

There is zero politics to it. It was just timely to have an action sequence at an airport. I mean, Carlos wasn't exactly trying to kill innocent people.

After all, the framing of the attack is different as it isn't a hijacking - which would more closely link it to 9/11 - instead, Carlos has been hired to plant a bomb. He's clearly a professional doing a job.

I guess he is Italian as Claudio Santamaria is Italian and he's credited as 'Carlos'. Though the name badge is probably fake, though it may have been his name (Mollaka and Hinx are credited despite never being named onscreen).

I never really considered his ethnicity before. Given the context of the film, I'd have assumed him to be Southen European, considering the rest of the film plays out in Europe and the guys running the organisation are European.

I think Claudio Santamaria was cast as he looked creepy.

Does anyone speak Italian?
videnovasan

Post by videnovasan »

Surfing here and there decided to check Vimeo and found this...It is only 30 secs, but what 30 secs...Enjoy
https://vimeo.com/502213209
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Ha ha, great :lol:

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
videnovasan

Post by videnovasan »

Dunda wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:36 pm Ha ha, great :lol:
There is another one...
https://vimeo.com/502213233
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Sweet 😀
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

videnovasan

Post by videnovasan »

Vanquish

Post by Vanquish »

I really want this movie now. Though I want to see it in cinemas too! I think Cary Fukunaga has really given Daniel the 'movie star' treatment with the lighting and angles for this film. I'd love to see that Fallon tv spot in HD because this shot of Daniel looks so sumptuous