American Songbook Gala at the Lincoln Center in NY

The latest and oldest photos and videos of Daniel Craig. Don't be shy about contributing!

Moderator: Germangirl

CockHargreaves

Post by CockHargreaves »

CockHargreaves wrote:Hmm, it seems my theory about Madonna being irresistible to all men is wrong. I just asked Hubby if he would "do" Madonna if he was free and single, and he said no way. He reckons it would be like trying to shag a knot in a piece of string.
Which just shows how little I understand the opposite sex :roll:
On reflection, my husband might not have been the best one to ask. I mean, he doesn't fancy Eva Green. He married me. And I know what his ex-girlfriend was like... All in all, I think he has very odd taste in women :lol:
Alina

Post by Alina »

CockHargreaves wrote:Hmm, it seems my theory about Madonna being irresistible to all men is wrong. I just asked Hubby if he would "do" Madonna if he was free and single, and he said no way. He reckons it would be like trying to shag a knot in a piece of string.
Which just shows how little I understand the opposite sex :roll:
Or maybe your hubster does NOT constitute a representative sample? :D
I never found Madonna particularly attractive, but to men she might have been sexy due to her kinky and licentious image, they may not have perceived her as a good "wife" material, but as far as sex is concerned I'd say most of them would have gone for that. I'm not sure about now, she has a good figure but she's quite sinewy, which I find rather off-putting. So maybe your hubby actually does have a point here. :)

edit: I just saw your "on reflection"post :) Hilarious :lol: Aren't we being a bit too modest? It looks my "representative sample" argument might be right after all. :lol: :wink:
CockHargreaves

Post by CockHargreaves »

Alina wrote: Aren't we being a bit too modest? It looks my "representative sample" argument might be right after all. :lol: :wink:
You haven't seen his ex-girlfriend :rotfl:
Alina

Post by Alina »

CockHargreaves wrote:
Alina wrote: Aren't we being a bit too modest? It looks my "representative sample" argument might be right after all. :lol: :wink:
You haven't seen his ex-girlfriend :rotfl:
I haven't seen you either :D
CockHargreaves

Post by CockHargreaves »

Alina wrote:
CockHargreaves wrote:
For which you should probably be grateful. I'm no John Nettles (or whatever the female equivalent would be).
Alina

Post by Alina »

CockHargreaves wrote:
Alina wrote:
CockHargreaves wrote:
For which you should probably be grateful. I'm no John Nettles (or whatever the female equivalent would be).
Sorry, I didn't get it :? Why John Nettles and why "the female" equivalent :?: :dunno: And now I'm even more intrigued :lol:
CockHargreaves

Post by CockHargreaves »

Alina wrote:
CockHargreaves wrote:
Alina wrote: For which you should probably be grateful. I'm no John Nettles (or whatever the female equivalent would be).
Sorry, I didn't get it :? Why John Nettles and why "the female" equivalent :?: :dunno: And now I'm even more intrigued :lol:
Watch the Catherine Tate Comic Relief sketch with Daniel Craig. It's on You Tube. Then you'll get it.
Alina

Post by Alina »

CockHargreaves wrote:
Alina wrote:
CockHargreaves wrote: Sorry, I didn't get it :? Why John Nettles and why "the female" equivalent :?: :dunno: And now I'm even more intrigued :lol:
Watch the Catherine Tate Comic Relief sketch with Daniel Craig. It's on You Tube. Then you'll get it.
I know the Daniel episode of Catherine Tate Comic Relief almost by heart and I know she said that Daniel was no John Nettles and she reluctantly sellted for him, but.......... oh, I get it now :idea: - you meant the female equivalent of John Nettles? I just didn't get "the female equivalent" part, especially in the context of John Nettles :) Ok, a good one :lol:

I wonder what the female equivalent of John Nettles would be.... a good question, btw :D
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Hard to say about the female JN - I had to ggogle him again. Searching in my mind for an older actress. :roll:
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

CockHargreaves

Post by CockHargreaves »

My step-mother used to fancy John Nettles when he played a character called Bergerac back in the 80s. I never saw it, personally.
He would be someone a middle-aged woman might like. Fairly ordinary. A has-been.
Still, fair play to him. At least he used to have it. I'm on one of my fed up days when I convince myself I'm the most useless, worthless, ugliest pieces of crap in the world - so even aspiring to be the female equivalent of John Nettles seems beyond me. I'm lucky to have a husband who disagrees with my opinion of myself, I'd probably just be curled up crying in a cupboard somewhere if not for him.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Why on earth are you torturing yourself with all those BAD thoughts about yourself? Are you serious? :(
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Alina

Post by Alina »

I remember Bergerac, there were some re-runs in Poland a long time ago. And I liked Nettles in Midsomer Murders, a very nice guy, likeable.

CockH - I know what you mean, I sometimes have such moods myself, but chin up, I'm sure you could easily aspire to be the female equivalent of John Nettles or at least Bill Nighy :wink: :lol:
CockHargreaves

Post by CockHargreaves »

I thought it was PMT but that should have finished now. I should be full of the joys of spring today but can't seem to feel it. I'm just on a bit of a downer, take no notice - I expect it will all seem better tomorrow.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Nothing wrong with taking notice. We all have our good and lesser days.

Here is a BIIGG Mutti hug!!!

CockHargreaves

Post by CockHargreaves »

Thanks, I appreciate it. And now I will shut up, plaster on a smile and see if I can tear the kids away from the Nintendo to get out for a bit. Hopefully normal service will be resumed later. :wink:
Have a good day x