Daniel at Anthony Cumia Compound + videos, New York 7/5/11

The latest and oldest photos and videos of Daniel Craig. Don't be shy about contributing!

Moderator: Germangirl

JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

Maybelline wrote: I don’t think the reason is Casey Anthony. Cumia did also some jokes about Blacks and Jews. It doesn’t mean he is automatically a racist but some people are thin-skinned about the matter. We have to think about the near future. He has with ‘Tattoo’ a big chance to get an Oscar nomination and a possible win. An Oscar campaign is like the presidential elections when bad stories about a candidate surfaces at a wrong time it could break his neck. And yes I personally think an association with Cumia can hurt his Oscar campaign.
Coming to this with a fresh mind (I'd never heard of Cumia until few days ago, and Casey Anthony not until yesterday), I agree with Maybelline.

I'm scratching my head over the appeal of such a person to Daniel. From all the small snippets which have leaked out over the years, it's clear that he has an eclectic collection of friends, but none like this (as far as we know).

My thinking is this.......the bodyguard ("crew cut") is the connection. Daniel likes "crew cut" and went along for the ride given it's all in the same general locality / neighbourhood, and which boy-toy type of man like Daniel can resist an afternoon shooting at a private range and looking over some seriously fast wheels - and all with Guinness on tap!!

Just my opinion, but maybe Daniel didn't know the in-depth picture on Cumia and got took by surprise at the publication of the vid and the pics. He gets photoed and filmed all the time and no doubt trusts his friends not the release the footage. Maybe he felt he couldn't say "switch off the f**king camera" because he was a guest not only of Cumia, but also "crew cut"? He would not want to insult "crew cut"s friends maybe?

He obviously bears no impatience towards "crew cut" because there he is with Daniel and RW at the airport, doing his day job, so possibly someone called Daniel (maybe RW herself as she has lived in the US longer?) and said......"you need to take a closer look at what this guy is about".

Interesting that the vids and pics went down, went back up again.....and now some bits are down again, and all the tweets?

I hear what someone said a few posts back about not making an enemy of a man like Cumia, that he can slip the knife into Daniel is all sorts of ways. So hopefully it was all done with "no hard feelings".

Maybe Daniel still needs to keep his guard up - at least for new and unknown quantities such as the Cumia's of this world.

Imo, it didn't look good Daniel hanging out with him, but the very quiet and gentlemanly way he has distanced himself has probably stopped any damage.
honeyjes

Post by honeyjes »

The media has reported Daniel visiting a target range and honing his skills for Bond and now some of us are wringing our hands with anxiety because he’s lowered himself to associate with some shock jock? The feed has been taken down, doesn’t appear to be newsworthy to anyone but the ones flagging it up and wanting to know why, perhaps the guy took it down because he felt like it nothing more nothing less. As Freud once said sometimes a cigar is just a cigar, everything lately seems to lead to a post mortem.

Re racism and other isms, people like Mr Cumia aren’t the ones to get worked up about, if I were to catalogue the number of people who see my skin tone and locks before they see me I’d be a basket case. We should worry and reserve our energy and protestations for the smart and articulate who manipulate situations to undermine people be it their colour, gender, religious beliefs etc.
Truth, wisdom, love, seek reasons; malice only seeks causes.
Johann Kaspar Lavater
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

I haven't listened to the audio, but I know of these shock jocks. Unfortunately, their words are gospel to many of America's unintelligent, young, white men. If Howard or Anthony told one to do a despicable act toward another, one or more would do it because H or A said to do it. The way these shock jocks can manipulate and be the commander of others is frightening.

I could see the crew-cut/Cumia connection...but Daniel's no dummy. He had to expect that any photos and videos taken on Cumia's camera would be publicly used by Cumia unless he had it in writing otherwise.

I don't understand how Daniel has the clout to cause some disturbance of the distribution of these, for surely has has.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

honeyjes wrote:The media has reported Daniel visiting a target range and honing his skills for Bond and now some of us are wringing our hands with anxiety because he’s lowered himself to associate with some shock jock? The feed has been taken down, doesn’t appear to be newsworthy to anyone but the ones flagging it up and wanting to know why, perhaps the guy took it down because he felt like it nothing more nothing less. As Freud once said sometimes a cigar is just a cigar, everything lately seems to lead to a post mortem.

Re racism and other isms, people like Mr Cumia aren’t the ones to get worked up about, if I were to catalogue the number of people who see my skin tone and locks before they see me I’d be a basket case. We should worry and reserve our energy and protestations for the smart and articulate who manipulate situations to undermine people be it their colour, gender, religious beliefs etc.
Jes, this is not me saying you're right or wrong, but this is me saying, that we fought hard this year to find a way back to offering opinions of all coleur and being allowed to do so. You offered one, too, but please try to make them sound a bit less like nobody should make this topic a discussion point at all. If people choose to do so, it should be ok. Thanks and no offense meant. GG
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

sf2la wrote:I haven't listened to the audio, but I know of these shock jocks. Unfortunately, their words are gospel to many of America's unintelligent, young, white men. If Howard or Anthony told one to do a despicable act toward another, one or more would do it because H or A said to do it. The way these shock jocks can manipulate and be the commander of others is frightening.

I could see the crew-cut/Cumia connection...but Daniel's no dummy. He had to expect that any photos and videos taken on Cumia's camera would be publicly used by Cumia unless he had it in writing otherwise.

I don't understand how Daniel has the clout to cause some disturbance of the distribution of these, for surely has has.
That's what makes me think that Daniel didn't really know who he was dealing with......that maybe he was trusting "a friend of a friend".

I know he's come out of his shell lately, but this seemed a little :-k
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

JEC57 wrote:
sf2la wrote:I haven't listened to the audio, but I know of these shock jocks. Unfortunately, their words are gospel to many of America's unintelligent, young, white men. If Howard or Anthony told one to do a despicable act toward another, one or more would do it because H or A said to do it. The way these shock jocks can manipulate and be the commander of others is frightening.

That's what makes me think that Daniel didn't really know who he was dealing with......that maybe he was trusting "a friend of a friend".

I agree, JEC. I really can see the crew-cut/Cumia connection. It only seems to be the three of them at the range and with the Shelby, doesn't it? And the only one who doesn't act stupid is Daniel.
cheryl1700

Post by cheryl1700 »

sf2la wrote:
JEC57 wrote:

I agree, JEC. I really can see the crew-cut/Cumia connection. It only seems to be the three of them at the range and with the Shelby, doesn't it? And the only one who doesn't act stupid is Daniel.
I totally agree there about the crew-cut/ cumia connection, when daniel was in the car, and anthony said take it for a spin, daniel was fairly quient to me when he was being filmed, and his answer, I dont think so, not after two pints giuness. Yep daniel is not the same type of bloke as anthony, he's got sense.
honeyjes

Post by honeyjes »

Germangirl wrote:
honeyjes wrote:The media has reported Daniel visiting a target range and honing his skills for Bond and now some of us are wringing our hands with anxiety because he’s lowered himself to associate with some shock jock? The feed has been taken down, doesn’t appear to be newsworthy to anyone but the ones flagging it up and wanting to know why, perhaps the guy took it down because he felt like it nothing more nothing less. As Freud once said sometimes a cigar is just a cigar, everything lately seems to lead to a post mortem.

Jes, this is not me saying you're right or wrong, but this is me saying, that we fought hard this year to find a way back to offering opinions of all coleur and being allowed to do so. You offered one, too, but please try to make them sound a bit less like nobody should make this topic a discussion point at all. If people choose to do so, it should be ok. Thanks and no offense meant. GG
Something got lost in translation, I’m not trying to stifle discussions, just my take on things that whilst kicking this guy we should also remind ourselves that Mr Cumia hasn’t got the ears of governments, presidents, ministers nor influences the money market Messrs Donald Trump and Rupert Murdoch whose tentacles I feel are more insidious and far reaching.

No offence taken
JES
Truth, wisdom, love, seek reasons; malice only seeks causes.
Johann Kaspar Lavater