The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo - pics and vids

The latest and oldest photos and videos of Daniel Craig. Don't be shy about contributing!

Moderator: Germangirl

cheryl1700

Post by cheryl1700 »

cheers nice one
cheryl1700

Post by cheryl1700 »

CAAAAATTTTTT!!! snippet, not funny when taken out of context of the film. :? Plus not good quality personally i would want to wait for the proper dvd of the film
Cyanaurora

Post by Cyanaurora »

cheryl1700

Post by cheryl1700 »

This made me smile
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

^ That's an interesting question!!!
calypso

Post by calypso »

ImageImage
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

I really like what Harvey Weinstein says about Daniel in GWTDT.

OSCAR Q&A: Harvey Weinstein On ‘The Artist,’ Dueling Best Actress Contenders, And Indie Film In The VOD Age

I never expected The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo to be so romantic. The original Swedish movie was good, but this was better because Rooney Mara’s Lisbeth Salander broke my heart. To me, the key is how great Daniel Craig is. If you don’t love him, Salander doesn’t work at all. He’s so much more powerful than the Swedish actor and he’s the center strength and selflessness of the movie, so when he walks off with Robin Wright, I’m thinking, why am I welling up at Dragon Tattoo? That’s Fincher’s great skill.

http://www.deadline.com/2012/01/oscar-q ... e-vod-age/
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Sylvia's girl wrote:I really like what Harvey Weinstein says about Daniel in GWTDT.

OSCAR Q&A: Harvey Weinstein On ‘The Artist,’ Dueling Best Actress Contenders, And Indie Film In The VOD Age

I never expected The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo to be so romantic. The original Swedish movie was good, but this was better because Rooney Mara’s Lisbeth Salander broke my heart. To me, the key is how great Daniel Craig is. If you don’t love him, Salander doesn’t work at all. He’s so much more powerful than the Swedish actor and he’s the center strength and selflessness of the movie, so when he walks off with Robin Wright, I’m thinking, why am I welling up at Dragon Tattoo? That’s Fincher’s great skill.

This guy is important, so this is good news. If he likes Daniel, he might come up with something for him, that worth doing,
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

cheryl1700

Post by cheryl1700 »

Germangirl wrote:
Sylvia's girl wrote:I really like what Harvey Weinstein says about Daniel in GWTDT.

This guy is important, so this is good news. If he likes Daniel, he might come up with something for him, that worth doing,

I was just going to quote that "center strength and selflessness of the movie". Without daniel, lisabeth has no one to do her oneliners off, daniel is the striaghtman, a thankless task, but without him, I dont think lisabeth's character would work, i would not have given much sympathy to lisabeth's character, because she is hard, with no social skills, and someone in real life u would tell in no uncertain terms to go get stuffed or buck up. Just the way she treated the librarian, no manners, or empathy to get along. Glad to see someone recognises the that fact that daniel did a great job!
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

cheryl1700 wrote:
Germangirl wrote:

I was just going to quote that "center strength and selflessness of the movie". Without daniel, lisabeth has no one to do her oneliners off, daniel is the striaghtman, a thankless task, but without him, I dont think lisabeth's character would work, i would not have given much sympathy to lisabeth's character, because she is hard, with no social skills, and someone in real life u would tell in no uncertain terms to go get stuffed or buck up. Just the way she treated the librarian, no manners, or empathy to get along. Glad to see someone recognises the that fact that daniel did a great job!]
..and someone, who KNOWS the biz.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

honeyjes

Post by honeyjes »

Nice sentiment, and kind of strange that Mara gets an Oscar nod but DC wasn't good enough to get official recognition.
Truth, wisdom, love, seek reasons; malice only seeks causes.
Johann Kaspar Lavater
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

honeyjes wrote:Nice sentiment, and kind of strange that Mara gets an Oscar nod but DC wasn't good enough to get official recognition.
I think, he did a too good job again. He disappears into his character and makes it seem effortless, like a non acting job almost.

honeyjes

Post by honeyjes »

But isn't that the point, when it's good acting.
Truth, wisdom, love, seek reasons; malice only seeks causes.
Johann Kaspar Lavater
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

honeyjes wrote:But isn't that the point, when it's good acting.
Well sure, but it seems, some people are missing that fact - otherwise he would have been nominated for something. I dunno, but I seriously believe, that his acting is of the sort, that it doesn't seem like acting at all. Many great performances are great, because you notice their strength and the way, an actor makes that charaxcter his own. With Daniel - he just IS that person and it seems like the most natural thing...but I am biased, VERY much :wink:

cheryl1700

Post by cheryl1700 »

Germangirl wrote:
honeyjes wrote:But isn't that the point, when it's good acting.
Well sure, but it seems, some people are missing that fact - otherwise he would have been nominated for something. I dunno, but I seriously believe, that his acting is of the sort, that it doesn't seem like acting at all. Many great performances are great, because you notice their strength and the way, an actor makes that charaxcter his own. With Daniel - he just IS that person and it seems like the most natural thing...but I am biased, VERY much :wink:
I think your right, it looks effortless, but he will be recognised eventually, and get that oscar, just awaiting the right role.