Your daily Daniel dose

The latest and oldest photos and videos of Daniel Craig. Don't be shy about contributing!

Moderator: Germangirl

Red-Snow

Post by Red-Snow »

Sylvia's girl wrote:He sure was cute in Obsession. :D
Is the film any good? I've not been able to find a DVD of it. They're all the wrong region :(
SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

Yes, I think Obsession is very good RS. Daniel is adorable and cute as SG said. He made it in 1997 and was a real 'blonde bombshell' then. The movie is what I call an 'esoteric European romantic comedy'. It's not the traditional type of romcom we get from the USA. The humour is dry and witty, most of it coming from Seymour Cassel and Allen Garfield. They play two grandfather types who run an unusual store (you see them making clothes and puppets) who take Daniels character under their wing. The romance bit is a love triangle between John (Daniel), Pierre (Charles Berling) and Miriam (Heike). If you don't mind your movies European or Arthouse then there's no reason to think that you won't love it. :D :twisted: I don't want to give too much away regarding plot but Daniel/John finds love with Heike/Miriam in a rather convoluted way. He is visiting Germany from South Africa in the 'obsessive search' for a photograph of a relative crossing Niagara Falls on a tightrope. There are some great love scenes with Daniel and the movie has one of the weirdest and most wonderful endings of any movie I've seen, be it one of Daniels or otherwise. 8) Unfortunately, it can be hard to find. :evil: I have an NTSC copy (Region 1) which I got from Amazon so have to hope I can find a multi region player if it ever needs replacing. I tried looking for a different region, the copy I got was over-dubbed with someone else's voice ... can't have that where Daniel is concerned! :wink:
Red-Snow

Post by Red-Snow »

I used to be really into American action films and blockbusters, but I'm so over them now. Especially Marvel. Now I've really gotten into European and Arthouse cinema, so this should be good.

I doubt there will be a Region 4 dvd of this, but I might get lucky at one of the arty dvd stores in the city. Though it is probably just easier and cheaper to buy an all region dvd player.
SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

I hope you're successful in obtaining a copy Red. 8)
Please let us know when you do and of course, what you think... :)
y_featherlet

Post by y_featherlet »

Does anyone have this picture without watermark?
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

This is a nice scene collection

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9B6v-e_PKC0
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Red-Snow

Post by Red-Snow »

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Ah, good, ole FOAF memories. Thanks Red :D
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Daskedusken

Post by Daskedusken »

"Love anyway. Live anyway. Choose to part of this anyway”
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

I have a pen!

..from the Four Seasons.. :rotfl:

SilverLining

Post by SilverLining »

Hmm, love this pic :) . Just saw it as the updated profile pic on the facebook page.
bubita

Post by bubita »

Germangirl wrote:I have a pen!

Didn´t get that... :-k
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

That's what he says, when he produces the pen....he must have been staying at The Four Seasons and nicked the pen. :D
bubita

Post by bubita »

Sylvia's girl wrote:

That's what he says, when he produces the pen....he must have been staying at The Four Seasons and nicked the pen. :D
That was taken from an interview??
I missed it. :(
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Yep, that was real funny. :lol: