Naughty Dan Thread

The latest and oldest photos and videos of Daniel Craig. Don't be shy about contributing!

Moderator: Germangirl

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

CockHargreaves wrote:Yes, he's an interesting character. I am really not at all keen on the beard, and I don't like Darren much - but he has those beautiful eyes doesn't he, and strong arms, manly hands, and an element of generosity as long as it doesn't cost him anything.
He said in an interview that his portrayal of Darren is close to himself where
possible.
CockHargreaves

Post by CockHargreaves »

Sylvia's girl wrote:
CockHargreaves wrote:Yes, he's an interesting character. I am really not at all keen on the beard, and I don't like Darren much - but he has those beautiful eyes doesn't he, and strong arms, manly hands, and an element of generosity as long as it doesn't cost him anything.
possible.
Yes, didn't the director persuade him to do it by saying he should just play himself? But I don't really get what parts of himself are reflected in Darren. I accept that Daniel must have a self-centred side to him - I think actors need that to allow them to pursue such a bizarre profession. And I can see that Darren believes the mother should be able to find fulfilment in her life. But Darren is hard to respect because there isn't a loyal bone in his body. As I said above, he can be generous with his time, and kind, but only if it isn't going to cost him any real effort. Darren knows he's a failure in many ways, and dislikes himself for it, but not enough to want to change -or at least that's my perception.
Alina

Post by Alina »

Sylvia's girl wrote:
possible.
As far as I remember he said that when he read the script he didn't want to do the movie as he DIDN'T LIKE any of the characters. He didn't know how to play Darren, so the director told him to be himself. I don't think it's the same as him being like Darren. He just acted natural, but he didn't like Darren at all.
That's how I understood what he said.
Last edited by Alina on Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

CockHargreaves wrote:
Sylvia's girl wrote:
possible.
Yes, didn't the director persuade him to do it by saying he should just play himself? But I don't really get what parts of himself are reflected in Darren. I accept that Daniel must have a self-centred side to him - I think actors need that to allow them to pursue such a bizarre profession. And I can see that Darren believes the mother should be able to find fulfilment in her life. But Darren is hard to respect because there isn't a loyal bone in his body. As I said above, he can be generous with his time, and kind, but only if it isn't going to cost him any real effort. Darren knows he's a failure in many ways, and dislikes himself for it, but not enough to want to change -or at least that's my perception.
It's probably just in the way he carries himself and talks, expressions etc.
I agree with you on your take on Darren.
CockHargreaves

Post by CockHargreaves »

Hmmm, that would make sense