Quantum of solace photo call

The latest and oldest photos and videos of Daniel Craig. Don't be shy about contributing!

Moderator: Germangirl

dodo007

Post by dodo007 »

Faustine wrote:
dodo007 wrote:
Faustine wrote: Spielberg seems to me to be unnecessarily pretentious when he tells storys like Munich

To my eyes only Munich has an interesting thing: gives voice to the Palestinians ... the rest is not supported in the script. There is no plot explanation of why both youngest and violent men of the group survive.

Eric Bana is an additional suffering :?
What do you mean by "There is no plot explanation of why both youngest and violent men of the group survive" ?
For what Steve and Avner do they survive? I do not understand. If they were hunting them why not to kill them first? They were the most violent. Steve with this teen enthusiasm for killing and Avner was the brain
Avner was not that violent though. Yes he was killing them, but it was his job, just as it was for the rest of them. In real life and in movies, the most violent do not necesarily get killed first. Also why would someone kill off the brains of the group (Avner) first? The movie would fall apart from that point on.

"We are teachers on sabbatical and we've just won the lottery" Quantum Of Solace
Faustine

Post by Faustine »

dodo007 wrote:
Faustine wrote:
dodo007 wrote: What do you mean by "There is no plot explanation of why both youngest and violent men of the group survive" ?
For what Steve and Avner do they survive? I do not understand. If they were hunting them why not to kill them first? They were the most violent. Steve with this teen enthusiasm for killing and Avner was the brain
Avner was not that violent though. Yes he was killing them, but it was his job, just as it was for the rest of them. In real life and in movies, the most violent do not necesarily get killed first. Also why would someone kill off the brains of the group (Avner) first? The movie would fall apart from that point on.
Avner is the brain, enough reason for kill him first, In the same way that they were killing ideologists.

It is true: that if they kill Avner there are no movies ... to it I call a serious mistake of script.

Do I continue without understandr why they do not kill Steve? No sense for me.
We convince ourselves that we know the other person well, but do we really know anything important about anyone.

6. Say what I’m thinking
dodo007

Post by dodo007 »

Faustine wrote:
dodo007 wrote:
Faustine wrote: For what Steve and Avner do they survive? I do not understand. If they were hunting them why not to kill them first? They were the most violent. Steve with this teen enthusiasm for killing and Avner was the brain
Avner is the brain, enough reason for kill him first, In the same way that they were killing ideologists.

It is true: that if they kill Avner there are no movies ... to it I call a serious mistake of script.

Steve wasn't really ever in a real position to get killed. Until the end, he wasn't assacinating anyone, instead he spent most of his time giving signals in cars. So he never really was in a real postion to get killed. It wasn't like he was setting up bombs or something.

"We are teachers on sabbatical and we've just won the lottery" Quantum Of Solace
Faustine

Post by Faustine »

dodo007 wrote:
Faustine wrote:
dodo007 wrote: Avner was not that violent though. Yes he was killing them, but it was his job, just as it was for the rest of them. In real life and in movies, the most violent do not necesarily get killed first. Also why would someone kill off the brains of the group (Avner) first? The movie would fall apart from that point on.

Steve wasn't really ever in a real position to get killed. Until the end, he wasn't assacinating anyone, instead he spent most of his time giving signals in cars. So he never really was in a real postion to get killed. It wasn't like he was setting up bombs or something.
Good point about Steve´s survive... wierd but probable.... seems to me is too many fine but it is a good reason for this movie
We convince ourselves that we know the other person well, but do we really know anything important about anyone.

6. Say what I’m thinking
zonzi

Post by zonzi »

Faustine wrote:
dodo007 wrote:
Faustine wrote: Seeing only the Daniel'scenes you have seen the better of the whole movie ... it is not a good movie at all
Really? I thought it was a good movie. Yes it was dark and not exactly cheerfull but it's not exactly a subject you can sugarcoat.
Spielberg seems to me to be unnecessarily pretentious when he tells storys like Munich

To my eyes only Munich has an interesting thing: gives voice to the Palestinians ... the rest is not supported in the script. There is no plot explanation of why both youngest and violent men of the group survive.

STOP IT !!!!!!! :x :x :x :x :x :x

I like Bana and Munich is a masterpiece for me !!!!!

:shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

don't be so bad with Eric, he doesn't deserve such a treatment :? :( :( :(

:lol:

Spielberg rules !
dodo007

Post by dodo007 »

zonzi wrote:
Faustine wrote:
dodo007 wrote: Really? I thought it was a good movie. Yes it was dark and not exactly cheerfull but it's not exactly a subject you can sugarcoat.
Spielberg seems to me to be unnecessarily pretentious when he tells storys like Munich

Spielberg rules !
I couldn't agree anymore Zonzi! :D Munich IS a masterpiece :D

zonzi

Post by zonzi »

dodo007 wrote:
zonzi wrote:
Faustine wrote: Spielberg seems to me to be unnecessarily pretentious when he tells storys like Munich

Spielberg rules !
yep, it is :P
magch

Post by magch »

zonzi wrote:
dodo007 wrote:
zonzi wrote:

Spielberg rules !
:lol: :lol: :lol: Didn't you watch Munich many times, zonzi? I somewhat agree with Faustine about Spielberg. Spielberg's movies are mostly very pretentious to me so I can't stand them but I actually think Munich is one of his least pretentious ones. The presence of DC also made it more watchable for me. If not because of DC, I normally stay away from Spielberg movies because I had enough bad experiences with them that I rather not watch his movies. I like Eric Bana's performance in Munich though. :D
zonzi

Post by zonzi »

magch wrote:
zonzi wrote:
dodo007 wrote: I couldn't agree anymore Zonzi! :D Munich IS a masterpiece :D
:lol: :lol: :lol: Didn't you watch Munich many times, zonzi? I somewhat agree with Faustine about Spielberg. Spielberg's movies are mostly very pretentious to me so I can't stand them but I actually think Munich is one of his least pretentious ones. The presence of DC also made it more watchable for me. If not because of DC, I normally stay away from Spielberg movies because I had enough bad experiences with them that I rather not watch his movies. I like Eric Bana's performance in Munich though. :D
yep, magch, I've seen Munich sooo many times, I've lost counts, don't know what it is, but I find it a great piece of cinematographic art. Bana is superbe too. I do love Spielberg movies, last night I watched Schindler's List again ( tons of times so far :shock: ) ... another masterpiece ... and Ralph .... just amazing ... la crème de la crème :shock:
Laredo

Post by Laredo »

My favorie Spielburg film is Empire Of the Sun , it was so lyrical and seemless to me and Christain Bale was superb , should have been nominated for an oscar.
Faustine

Post by Faustine »

laredo wrote:My favorie Spielburg film is Empire Of the Sun , it was so lyrical and seemless to me and Christain Bale was superb , should have been nominated for an oscar.
It´s a wonderful movie. James Ballard is a magnificent writer. Christian Bale at his 13 was a great actor

I could not see Munich in the cinema for a simple reason: that had committed an outrage against the cinemas that were giving it and did not dare to go, I suppose that because of it I saw her with expectations .... widely frustrated. I saw Munich two times: I can support the violence, which they give me "lessons of life " not.

Explanation for Bana: I accepted : he´s is handsome, point. Good actor???? Without this eternal piss off face is not at all, not me trasmite anything. In Munich irritates me soo much.

Munich is a crooked movie and opportunist too. It is possible that I look at the movies of a way different from you... professional deformation, I guess (I studie History and Literary Criticism in University). I can´t avoid think why anybody inverts so many million dollars in telling this history in a political and historical moment so complex as that we have to live.

Daniel in Munich: I like Steve, is the only personage credible and alive... the others look like to me stereotypes and for moments absolutely incredibles.

6. Say what I’m thinking