Early pup thread- Institut for Pupology

The latest and oldest photos and videos of Daniel Craig. Don't be shy about contributing!

Moderator: Germangirl

Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Vynera wrote:Very cool, I love coming by these gems.
It's really amazing what shows up at the www :lol:

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
khenton

Post by khenton »

Dunda wrote:Thanks to Alex!

the caption says "Daniel Craig (James Bond) in the centre of this pic in a West End show ..."

It's the shirtless guy, isn't it? I think I recognize the Happy Trail :twisted:

source: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Annie-Fan ... tos_stream
Just me playing Sherlock. I'd say this is from Marat/Sade. The inmates riot at the end of the play and if our hero was playing Marat he'd be draped in a towel but only guessing :dunno: :wink: k
Damn. No future with Daniel Craig.Image
Fourwordsbeforesex "Hello, I'm Daniel Craig."
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

The clothes would seem to be from that period, too. I say, you are right.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Great pic!!! thanks :D
JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

khenton wrote:
Just me playing Sherlock. I'd say this is from Marat/Sade. The inmates riot at the end of the play and if our hero was playing Marat he'd be draped in a towel but only guessing :dunno: :wink: k
Okay, did some digging. If this is Marat/Sade (and I think you are right on this K) then he did it right at the end of his time at the NYT, just before he went to the Guildhall. He did three years at the Guildhall, graduating in 1991.

If the dates below are correct, this must have been just about his last role at the NYT. However, they are saying he was 20 at the time. He was 20 in March 1990 and by that time he was half-way through his course at the Guildhall. So I think they got his age wrong because there is no report of the Guildhall doing this play at that time, and they don't even mention it.

At least I got the time-frame just about right, thinking it was late 80s. 8)

The play was not seen again in London until 1989, when the National Youth Theatre celebrated the bicentenary of the French Revolution with their patron, Prince Edward, sitting in the audience. The haunted, puritanical, bath-bound Marat was played by none other than a 20-year-old Daniel Craig, and very good he was, too; I even said he grew in stature through the evening. The play stood up, too, and so, especially, did the lyrics and music of Mitchell and Peaslee.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-enter ... 65086.html
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

:thumbup:
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

cheryl1700

Post by cheryl1700 »

great pic of the play thanks for telling me the date and where it was great sleuthing K and Jec
:wink:
agrippina

Post by agrippina »

He still performed with NYT while at Guildhall - some of the dates of plays (1988-1989, incl. this, Murder in the Cathedral and Blood Wedding) overlap with his 3-year period at the school ((1988-1991). The new pup pics are great!

G
JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

agrippina wrote:He still performed with NYT while at Guildhall - some of the dates of plays (1988-1989, incl. this, Murder in the Cathedral and Blood Wedding) overlap with his 3-year period at the school ((1988-1991). The new pup pics are great!

G
Thanks Grip! :thumbup: You always manage to solve the mysteries. 8)
agrippina

Post by agrippina »

JEC57 wrote:
agrippina wrote:He still performed with NYT while at Guildhall - some of the dates of plays (1988-1989, incl. this, Murder in the Cathedral and Blood Wedding) overlap with his 3-year period at the school ((1988-1991). The new pup pics are great!

G
Thanks Grip! :thumbup: You always manage to solve the mysteries. 8)
No problemo - I have spent a lot of time and energy to become a good and meticulous researher! :lol: And Daniel is one fo the more fun topics!

G
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

For those who haven't seen baby Dan...

Vynera

Post by Vynera »

Aww thanks SG :D
"A woman looks beautiful when she's true to herself. Her inner beauty shines through. It's like being in love--it shows. You have a natural glow, you can't help but beam--that's beautiful."
-Rachel Weisz
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

MM is a missed chance to see him in uniform again. :(