Golden compass

The latest and oldest photos and videos of Daniel Craig. Don't be shy about contributing!

Moderator: Germangirl

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Faustine wrote:
Germangirl wrote:Great Eva voice. Three days to go for me :D
Here has the premiere on December 13 and more I look ... less enthusiasm provokes me. :roll: :roll:

Anyhow ... already I found an agreeable and handsome accompanist and I cannot refuse :wink:
What causes your loss of enthusiam, Faustine?
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Faustine

Post by Faustine »

Germangirl wrote:
Faustine wrote:
Germangirl wrote:Great Eva voice. Three days to go for me :D
Here has the premiere on December 13 and more I look ... less enthusiasm provokes me. :roll: :roll:

Anyhow ... already I found an agreeable and handsome accompanist and I cannot refuse :wink:
I do not like this type of movies ... I look at the trailers and get bored. I look at the interviews to Daniel and he infects me his boredom.

I have never seen any more than the first 10 minutes to the first Harry Potter movie and I got bored. I tried with the book and it seems to me to be horrifying.

I tried with Narnia and fell asleep in the cinema!!!! I with insomnia!!!!!!!!!

The lord of the rings I like the battles scenes and Viggo Mortensen. I tried with the books and I like and I have read too much the real medieval literature to enjoy them.

I suppose that it can be summarized in: I get bored up to the death the movies done to amaze
We convince ourselves that we know the other person well, but do we really know anything important about anyone.

6. Say what I’m thinking
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Faustine wrote:
Germangirl wrote:
Faustine wrote: Here has the premiere on December 13 and more I look ... less enthusiasm provokes me. :roll: :roll:

I do not like this type of movies ... I look at the trailers and get bored. I look at the interviews to Daniel and he infects me his boredom.

But he is not bored at all - he loves the books and likes talking about the film - if they ever let him properly.

I have never seen any more than the first 10 minutes to the first Harry Potter movie and I got bored. I tried with the book and it seems to me to be horrifying.

The lord of the rings I like the battles scenes and Viggo Mortensen. I tried with the books and I like and I have read too much the real medieval literature to enjoy them.

I suppose that it can be summarized in: I get bored up to the death the movies done to amaze
If its done really great, I like them - LOTR I found too dark, not the contense but the lightening. Never saw Narnia and were late into watching HP films. The last two I didn´t like very much. Too dark - the contense this time. :lol: But its true - without DC I Idon´t know if I would watch GC.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Faustine

Post by Faustine »

Germangirl wrote:
Faustine wrote:
Germangirl wrote: What causes your loss of enthusiam, Faustine?

But he is not bored at all - he loves the books and likes talking about the film - if they ever let him properly.

If its done really great, I like them - LOTR I found too dark, not the contense but the lightening. Never saw Narnia and were late into watching HP films. The last two I didn´t like very much. Too dark - the contense this time. :lol: But its true - without DC I Idon´t know if I would watch GC.
Tolkien did a wonderful work on having created this universe and Jackson make this 3 movies ... but I studied literature in the university and my passion is the medieval literature, which is the commodity of everything the Tolkien books.

Harry Potter I tried it to understand the "dialect" of some pupils that I have had the same as The Da Vinci Code and other things of this style. Refried, marketing and nothing more. :roll:

On the boredom ... probably I project mine in the poor Daniel ... I have seen 3 interviews only and it was sufficient for me.

For my part NEVER had known of TGC's existence without Daniel, it is like that of clearly and forceful :lol:
We convince ourselves that we know the other person well, but do we really know anything important about anyone.

6. Say what I’m thinking
Anglophile

Post by Anglophile »

Faustine wrote:On the boredom ... probably I project mine in the poor Daniel ... I have seen 3 interviews only and it was sufficient for me.
I would think so. He is so enthusiastic about this movie, and so proud of it, he can't possibly be bored. If he seems bored it must be either the interviewer's fault, or your own feelings projected onto him. :wink:
The more joy we have, the more nearly perfect we are. ~Spinoza~
Faustine

Post by Faustine »

Anglophile wrote:
Faustine wrote:On the boredom ... probably I project mine in the poor Daniel ... I have seen 3 interviews only and it was sufficient for me.
I would think so. He is so enthusiastic about this movie, and so proud of it, he can't possibly be bored. If he seems bored it must be either the interviewer's fault, or your own feelings projected onto him. :wink:
perhaps.... :shock: Or I chose at random the worst interviews ... the only one for that I looked was that of Jonathan Ross, because I knew that he was going to do to Daniel what it did to him.... put him hysterical.... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Probably boredom is not the word and is only a depletion. Here there is an expression that is used for the players of football "to put on the casette", wants to say that the person speaks in automatic pilot. Without thinking or to reason what he says.

Something was called me the attention in the interview with J. Ross is that there are two moments that loses of what he says and they were not big declarations, he cannot make clear anything very simple thing about the deamons... and something about Bond.. strange :roll:

Impresses me enough seeing Daniel more tired that in the Bond round press, always with so many make up that he seems to have a wax mask, almost he does not smile.

...my own feelings projected onto him. perhaps :wink:[/quote]

6. Say what I’m thinking
Elaine_Figgis
Administrator

Post by Elaine_Figgis »

Faustine wrote:
Anglophile wrote:
perhaps.... :shock: Or I chose at random the worst interviews ... the only one for that I looked was that of Jonathan Ross, because I knew that he was going to do to Daniel what it did to him.... put him hysterical.... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Probably boredom is not the word and is only a depletion. Here there is an expression that is used for the players of football "to put on the casette", wants to say that the person speaks in automatic pilot. Without thinking or to reason what he says.

Something was called me the attention in the interview with J. Ross is that there are two moments that loses of what he says and they were not big declarations, he cannot make clear anything very simple thing about the deamons... and something about Bond.. strange :roll:

Impresses me enough seeing Daniel more tired that in the Bond round press, always with so many make up that he seems to have a wax mask, almost he does not smile.

...my own feelings projected onto him. perhaps :wink:
I'm in agreement with Faustine here. I noticed the fatigue and make up as well, to the point of feeling sorry for him.

We call it 'automatic pilot' where you just repeat the same thing without feeling or emotion. I stumbled upon some old interviews, featurettes etc for older work and he's animated and excited and expressive about what he's doing.

Now he's just running the gaunlet to get it over with as soon as possible.
Crazy!
vesper

Post by vesper »

Elaine_Figgis wrote:
I'm in agreement with Faustine here. I noticed the fatigue and make up as well, to the point of feeling sorry for him.

We call it 'automatic pilot' where you just repeat the same thing without feeling or emotion. I stumbled upon some old interviews, featurettes etc for older work and he's animated and excited and expressive about what he's doing.

It's really bizarre. Perception is really so subjective.

To me he seems really relaxed, natural and very gorgeous, especially in the Jonathan Ross-Show. On the other hand in some Bond-Interviews I found him tired, bored (always repeating the same answers on the same questions), sometimes looking old with to much make-up.

In the TGC-Interviews he only seems a little bit annoyed about the interviewers always asking about the religious context of "The Golden Compass" and the obvious fact that they haven't read the book.
Vesper - Well, I do hope you gave your parents hell for that.
redluna

Post by redluna »

zonzi

Post by zonzi »

hmmm ... great profile ! :D
magch

Post by magch »

vesper wrote:Elaine_Figgis wrote:

It's really bizarre. Perception is really so subjective.

To me he seems really relaxed, natural and very gorgeous, especially in the Jonathan Ross-Show. On the other hand in some Bond-Interviews I found him tired, bored (always repeating the same answers on the same questions), sometimes looking old with to much make-up.

In the TGC-Interviews he only seems a little bit annoyed about the interviewers always asking about the religious context of "The Golden Compass" and the obvious fact that they haven't read the book.
vesper, I agree with you here. But you are right, perception is subjective. Since none of us saw him in person, our observations are all speculations anyway.

Faustine, I am also not into fantasy movies. I wouldn't have watched Lord of the Rings if not because my hubby dragged me to the theater. It's not that the movies were bad, it's just the genre doesn't interest me much and I often got lost in the story line. Maybe I don't have much imagination? :lol: Anyway, I would see Golden Compass though because I want to find out what's all this fuss on anti-religion is about.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Elaine_Figgis wrote: I'm in agreement with Faustine here. I noticed the fatigue and make up as well, to the point of feeling sorry for him.

Perhaps could be, that he´s learned after so many more interviews, that many interviewer are just doing a job - means talking to a person they probably don´t care about on subjects they are - maybe - not interested in either. Must be vey frustrating that way, so maybe he´s keeping his own interest on guard, because its "Perlen vor die Säue geworfen" Trans: Throwing perls in front of sods. Also the way every word is twisted in his mouth...:evil:

...and these days he is doing the Bond training during daytime, which possibly means intense physical efforts.

Elaine_Figgis
Administrator

Post by Elaine_Figgis »

Germangirl wrote:
Elaine_Figgis wrote: I'm in agreement with Faustine here. I noticed the fatigue and make up as well, to the point of feeling sorry for him.

Perhaps could be, that he´s learned after so many more interviews, that many interviewer are just doing a job - means talking to a person they probably don´t care about on subjects they are - maybe - not interested in either. Must be vey frustrating that way, so maybe he´s keeping his own interest on guard, because its "Perlen vor die Säue geworfen" Trans: Throwing perls in front of sods. Also the way every word is twisted in his mouth...:evil:

...and these days he is doing the Bond training during daytime, which possibly means intense physical efforts.
For whatever reason, and I'm sure he has legitimate ones, he interviews differently.

And of course he's tired, full day on set and then the stuff at night. I'm just missing the spritely, unassuming DC of the pre Bond days.
Crazy!
Faustine

Post by Faustine »

Germangirl wrote:

And with so many people who takes care of him ... did nobody give to himself the exhausted that sees this guy???? Had nobody an agenda to the hand to coordinate dates? Was nobody remembering that it was going to begin the press for TGC? And the girlfriend? Also is she training for a movie?

6. Say what I’m thinking
Faustine

Post by Faustine »

6. Say what I’m thinking