Daniel dumping "Blindness" for " Defiance&quo

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

HappyAppy04

Daniel dumping "Blindness" for " Defiance&quo

Post by HappyAppy04 »

I know this is still a rumor at this point, but I've got to say I'm just a litle bummed at the prospect. Blindness is a creepy, terrifying book and I would love LOVE to see Daniel is something gut-wretching like that.

Yet at the same time, I am totally psyched about Defiance. It sounds like a dark, but stellar, movie.

I'm so torn!!! Oh the emotional angst!!!! In a Utopian world Daniel could do both and my bank account would suffer from the strain of attending multiple movies :wink:

Daniel is certainly a busy boy, do you think he ever invisioned being so in demand?
http://shutupfilter.blogspot.com/

"What's money? A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and goes to bed at night and in between does what he wants to do." ~ Bob Dylan
Lynda

Post by Lynda »

I read on Sky's website today that in a survey he was voted one of Britain's top icons.
"He's blond ... he's Bond ... he's actually quite good!"
Marisa

Re: Daniel dumping "Blindness" for " Defiance

Post by Marisa »

HappyAppy04 wrote:Yet at the same time, I am totally psyched about Defiance. It sounds like a dark, but stellar, movie.
I have not read Blindness but Defiance sounds really interesting. I have read in several places now that his participation in Defiance is confirmed. Hope is true!
Daniel is certainly a busy boy, do you think he ever invisioned being so in demand?
He's worked really hard to get where he is. He's made some very smart choices but I don't' think that being on top was his motivation but rather his love for the craft and a desire to do a job well done, but when you have that kind of an attitude, how can you not succeed? He probably expected success just not at this level. I'm so happy for him. I hope he's enjoying all of it.
:D
~Marisa

Yes, considerably
togal

Post by togal »

That's too bad. :( I'm sure he had good reason to make such a decision. He's probably had so many offers and there is only so much time he can dedicate. It's a situation of opportunity cost.
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

Defiance seems to be a very interesting, challenging film, so it will be great to see DC in it!
HappyAppy04

Post by HappyAppy04 »

Marisa wrote:He's worked really hard to get where he is. He's made some very smart choices but I don't' think that being on top was his motivation but rather his love for the craft and a desire to do a job well done
This is one of the reasons I admire Daniel more so than any other actor(s). If you look at his filmography, you can see how he has chosen to carefully build his career. No quick rise and, for the most part, he has picked smaller roles with leading directors/producers and many independents to build his resume.

Some stars these days, it seems, go for quantity over quality and will work with anyone willing to throw some $$ their way.

Daniel is a very smart man and that is one of the most attractive things about him (for me) Of course he's no slouch in the looks department either..... ;-)

"What's money? A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and goes to bed at night and in between does what he wants to do." ~ Bob Dylan
Marisa

Post by Marisa »

HappyAppy04 wrote:Daniel is a very smart man and that is one of the most attractive things about him (for me) Of course he's no slouch in the looks department either..... ;-)
I hear you. I, too, find intelligence to be one of the most appealing qualities in a person, and, like you said, when coupled with handsomely rugged good looks, it's a deadly combination! :wink:
~Marisa

Yes, considerably
fifijfolle

Post by fifijfolle »

Of the 2 projects Defiance sounds like the more interesting and challenging film.
kittin~wiskerz

Post by kittin~wiskerz »

fifijfolle wrote:Of the 2 projects Defiance sounds like the more interesting and challenging film.
I agree. The Blindness one just sounds too similar to the Invasion one (epidemic, pandemonium etc...)
It was looking like he had so much going on, how could he take it all on? I guess something had to give.
"When I'm depressed, I become invisible....... Maybe not"
SOME VOICES
Anglophile

Post by Anglophile »

On another forum, someone said that for Blindness he would have to lose a huge amount of weight, and then gain it back rapidly for the next Bond installment. It would be a major strain on his health. I think that's a valid concern, so although the project sounded promising, maybe it's better this way.
The more joy we have, the more nearly perfect we are. ~Spinoza~
HappyAppy04

Post by HappyAppy04 »

Anglophile wrote:On another forum, someone said that for Blindness he would have to lose a huge amount of weight, and then gain it back rapidly for the next Bond installment.
Yowzers, I never thought about that! It makes perfect sense now that you mention it. Muscle mass is hard to pack on safely in a short amount of time and he would have to be really lean/scrappy for Blindness.

I'd rather have a healthy, hunky Bond any day of the week ;-)

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

HappyAppy04 wrote:
Anglophile wrote:On another forum, someone said that for Blindness he would have to lose a huge amount of weight, and then gain it back rapidly for the next Bond installment.
Yowzers, I never thought about that! It makes perfect sense now that you mention it. Muscle mass is hard to pack on safely in a short amount of time and he would have to be really lean/scrappy for Blindness.

I'd rather have a healthy, hunky Bond any day of the week ;-)
This IS a nice board - with people, who really try to understand what`s going on behind those blue ones and who really care. :P
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Anesidora

Post by Anesidora »

It seems that finally Meirelles has hired Mark Ruffalo instead of DC for Blindness.

I read it here (it is in spanish):
http://www.noticine.com/noticine/seccio ... P=9808&Q=1

I am not familiar with Mark Ruffalo. It says he is now on the screen with "Zodiac". Someone knows who is he?
Sophie

Post by Sophie »

Anesidora wrote:It seems that finally Meirelles has hired Mark Ruffalo instead of DC for Blindness.

I read it here (it is in spanish):
http://www.noticine.com/noticine/seccio ... P=9808&Q=1

I am not familiar with Mark Ruffalo. It says he is now on the screen with "Zodiac". Someone knows who is he?
yeah, he's a fine actor, I got many of his movies. Most famous must be " Just like heaven" with Reese Witherspoon.
you wanna do WHAT to me?
sharmaine

Post by sharmaine »

I wouldn't want DC to jeopardize his health to do a movie. Sounds like a smart decision. How we care for him. O:)