Knives Out

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Germangirl

Re: Knives Out

Post by Germangirl »

Looks suspenceful and funny :D
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Red-Snow

Post by Red-Snow »

TIFF Exclusive: Rian Johnson on Where ‘Knives Out’ Fits in Today’s Cinema
https://observer.com/2019/09/tiff-knive ... star-wars/

“The logistics are tough, and thank god I had a great producer and a great team, ’cause they were able to make [casting] happen,” Johnson explained while discussing the verifiable who’s who of talent he’s plucked for Knives Out. “I felt very very lucky. It all started with Daniel Craig, he was the first piece of the puzzle, kind of the central piece that clicked into place. Once we had him cast, suddenly we started making the movie, and so we are able to go out to all these amazing actors and say, ‘hey, do you want to come out to Boston and have fun doing a murder mystery?’ and we got very, very lucky.”
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Sounds real good and nice what he says sbout Daniel
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

videnovasan

Post by videnovasan »

Germangirl wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:02 pm Sounds real good and nice what he says sbout Daniel
Just about to write the same....can't wait to see it.....I'm counting already...6th of December is the date for Bulgaria
You need to impress me, outwit me, compete with me? Go ahead, knock yourself out, I have no problem with that at all.
videnovasan

Post by videnovasan »

https://www.npr.org/2019/09/04/75431187 ... 7590454432

".....The fact that it has a very funny trailer, and its origins in the great and weird mind of writer-director Rian Johnson make this the single film I am most excited to see."
You need to impress me, outwit me, compete with me? Go ahead, knock yourself out, I have no problem with that at all.
videnovasan

Post by videnovasan »

And another one...

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/arts/fi ... lienating/

".....Finding yourself in a surprise conversation with the Knives Out star, you quickly opt to make an unforgettable impression: while talking about life and work and weather, you do not ask about or mention James Bond; a phenomenon that Daniel Craig hasn’t experienced in years, and one that reminds him that – eventually – freedom awaits."
videnovasan

Post by videnovasan »

https://www.refinery29.com/en-ca/all-th ... -tiff-2019

So .... Everyone around Toronto be aware
videnovasan

Post by videnovasan »

https://globalnews.ca/news/5819698/tiff ... attending/

"Other A-listers expected to attend include Joker star Joaquin Phoenix; Daniel Craig for the murder mystery Knives Out; Matt Damon and Christian Bale with the racing biopic Ford v Ferrari; Nicole Kidman for the art forgery drama The Goldfinch; and Natalie Portman with the space story Lucy in the Sky."
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Reading all these names, I would think, he might enjoy hanging wirh so many buddies - male and female.

videnovasan

Post by videnovasan »

In the link in the previous post it is said that he will be there! Until Saturday nothing is sure. We see...
I think the movie is really good concidering the fact that they start to showing it in big movie festivals...So I'm crossing my fingers for the awards season...
videnovasan

Post by videnovasan »

videnovasan

Post by videnovasan »

Red-Snow

Post by Red-Snow »

'Knives Out' Director Rian Johnson on Shifting From 'Star Wars' to Agatha Christie-Style Whodunnit
https://hollywoodreporter.com/news/knives-director-rian-johnson-tackling-a-whodunnit-1236039

Am I right that you cast Daniel Craig first, in the Hercule Poirot-style role of Benoit Blanc? That looks like casting against type.

Yeah. Well obviously I had seen him, and loved him, in the Bond movies, but I'd also seen work he had done on the stage. His work in Lucky Logan I thought was incredible. I just knew he was an incredible actor who had a phenomenal range. And from just socially meeting him a few times I knew he was quite funny. And then there was a scheduling thing where the Bond movie pushed a few months. He suddenly had a window and we jumped right in there and were off to the races.
videnovasan

Post by videnovasan »

Just was about to post it as well. I like it when people say nice things about him..
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Yeah, actually the right ones always do