Knives Out

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

KillerHeels

Re: Knives Out

Post by KillerHeels »

How good does he look! I'm out at the moment but Twitter has an awesome picture at the event.....
videnovasan

Post by videnovasan »

You need to impress me, outwit me, compete with me? Go ahead, knock yourself out, I have no problem with that at all.
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
videnovasan

Post by videnovasan »

Dunda wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:30 am good review

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2019/s ... -whodunnit
Yep, isn't it the paper he reads?!?!
You need to impress me, outwit me, compete with me? Go ahead, knock yourself out, I have no problem with that at all.
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

seems as our man is doing great

The two of them are a sublime pair, as Craig’s scenery-chewing performance makes him the perfect foil for de Armas’ eminent sweetness (and the scenery here makes for a five-star meal, as production designer David Crank turns the Thrombey house into a palpable maze of strange angles and secret passages, as though someone built a mansion by using a “Clue” board game for blueprints). It’s enough to make the Bond actor’s yee-haw prisoner turn in “Logan Lucky” feel like a warm-up routine; by the time Craig gives a rambling monologue about donut holes that people will be insufferably misquoting for the next six months or 10 years, you’ll have long forgotten that he’s ever played 007.

https://www.indiewire.com/2019/09/knive ... 202171812/

Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Ultimately, while Knives Out is thematically rich, technically astounding, and superbly acted, it’s also just a complete and total blast of a movie. This is a film that’s designed to be enjoyed in a packed theater, surrounded by strangers sharing in the twists, turns, and hilarity that ensues. But it is striking that Knives Out is so effective at being a crowdpleaser in contrast to other studio blockbusters that cost at least twice as much and are only half as fun. This is an original story with no explosions, space ships, or aliens, just extremely talented actors in rooms spouting words written by one guy. And yet it’s one of the most purely satisfying and enjoyable moviegoing experiences I’ve had in recent memory.

http://collider.com/knives-out-review-rian-johnson/

Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

videnovasan

Post by videnovasan »

Dunda wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:35 am seems as our man is doing great

The two of them are a sublime pair, as Craig’s scenery-chewing performance makes him the perfect foil for de Armas’ eminent sweetness (and the scenery here makes for a five-star meal, as production designer David Crank turns the Thrombey house into a palpable maze of strange angles and secret passages, as though someone built a mansion by using a “Clue” board game for blueprints). It’s enough to make the Bond actor’s yee-haw prisoner turn in “Logan Lucky” feel like a warm-up routine; by the time Craig gives a rambling monologue about donut holes that people will be insufferably misquoting for the next six months or 10 years, you’ll have long forgotten that he’s ever played 007.

https://www.indiewire.com/2019/09/knive ... 202171812/
Yes... I was sure he cannot be type cast...He is too good....I'm glad I live in the same time frame to be part of this...
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

But Knives Out truly belongs to two people. The first is Craig’s Blanc, who hangs in the background for a good chunk of the film, but always makes his presence known. Adopting a Southern drawl and prone to singing to himself and spouting out confusing analogies about donuts and donut holes, this is one of the most enjoyable characters Craig has ever played, and here’s hoping he starts doing more and more comedy now that his Bond days are drawing to a close.
he other major player is de Armas’s Marta, who is the heart and soul of the film. Sweet, charming, and adept at some great physical comedy, de Armas is a treat to watch, and since her character is the most likable individual in the story, it’s easy to root for her. Watching her and Craig bounce off each other is a delight from beginning to end.

https://www.slashfilm.com/knives-out-review/

a shame that her role in No Time To Die seems to be very limited.......looks like they have great chemistry

Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

The case may have just been closed if not for the arrival of the famous detective Benoit Blanc, played by Daniel Craig, who spins a southern drawl and oversized ego into something instantly memorable.

Craig is delightful – I love the excitement in his voice when he figures things out late in the film

https://www.rogerebert.com/reviews/knives-out-2019

Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

I think, this will be both, critically liked and a BO success. Finally :D
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Daniel_Craig

Post by Daniel_Craig »

THX ladies! :D ;)
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Germany will have to wait until 2nd January :evil:

http://www.filmstarts.de/kritiken/267546.html