NTTD: Out October 2021

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

CheekyNandos

Post by CheekyNandos »

Just wanted to chime in about Roger and also about the events of this week.

I'm gutted to see him go. It's a huge surprise to me. I saw him in November and even though he was clearly elderly, he was getting around absolutely fine and was of sound, clear mind. I'm grateful to him that he signed a Bond item for me. Thank you so much, Rog.

He was a charming gentleman with some of the most unbelievable yet fantastic stories. I could honestly listen to him tell stories for hours and he gave off an aura of "your elderly grand parent who you could have a natter, tea and biscuit with around a roaring fire."

He was a fantastic ambassador, not only for the Bond brand but for UNICEF of which he was immensely proud of.

Just before his passing there was news about Manchester which touched me for a lot of reasons - many personal as it was a haunt of mine in my twenties. Thankfully no one I knew was caught up in it but we live in a world where children now have to be scared to go to a pop concert. That's not a world anyone should have to live in. Being the huge James Bond fan that I am, a day that I couldn't even imagine could get worse, did somehow inconceivably get worse. This world is one messed up place that I can't rationalise or wrap my head around and I hope --- really hope --- that hate and violence is something I hope that we are never personally exposed to during our lifetime.

There are really no words for the past week that I can construct or do justice for the poor people who have had their children, parents, lovers cruelly snatched from them because of an act of hatred.

But just before I submit this message, I was hoping that I could at least lighten the mood and tone of this message up. There was a story circulated about Roger on Twitter that I want to share. It's a lovely story and I think you would all appreciate it.

https://twitter.com/MrKenShabby/status/ ... 8037511169

Thank you for reading.

RIP to everyone.
cheryl1700

Post by cheryl1700 »

Very well said cheekynandos.
Roger Moore RIP he will be sorely missed by me, a great ambassador for Britain, a lovely gentleman.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Hi Cheryl - soo nice to see you :D

Yes, I agree, very well said, Cheeky. Sir Roger was my favourite interpretation of Bond, believe it or not. Daniel is just my fav actor.

But he has had a long as as far as I know rather nice life without too much drama attached. So, I am sad but also glad, such a nice persona has had a life this long.

Thanks for the link, too. Roger as he was. :D
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

CheekyNandos

Post by CheekyNandos »

Oh, he did, no doubt. 89 are no bad innings at all! I can only hope to live as long!

I read today about the special screenings of TSWLM and FYEO on Wednesday organised by EON etc with half the proceeds going to UNICEF. I'm still 50/50 about whether I'll go as the cinema I'd have to go to is a pain to get to for 615pm first thing after work.

If you're interested there's more info here. In the UK they seem to be in most ODEON cinemas:

http://www.007.com/sir-roger-moore-film ... n-cinemas/

Personally, me and the other half are considering sitting in with a few beers, donating our "ticket prices" direct to UNICEF and watching the blurays at home instead.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

That sounds like a good idea :D
A win win...
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

sf2la

Post by sf2la »

I became a Roger Moore fan when he spoke so highly of Daniel. Pure class, and losing a Bond is actually a pretty big thing.
Red-Snow

Post by Red-Snow »

Here's Why Idris Elba Is All But Out Of The Race To Become The Next Bond
http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainmen ... -1.3282207

Idris Elba’s return to play London detective John Luther has all but taken him out of the running to be the next James Bond, according to an MGM insider, who says the actor's shooting schedule on the BBC show “Luther” would be very tough for filmmakers to work around.

“It is sad news for those fans who felt he was the prime man to be the first ever black Bond,” says our insider. But with BBC filming set for next spring, we're told that Elba's TV dates clash with the planned film schedule for the Bond film. “By taking this job Idris has essentially turned down 007.”

“It is no secret that MGM had been toying with the notion of getting Idris in,” we're told. “He has as good a status as Daniel (Craig) with a string of huge hits behind him as well as Golden Globes.”

Many fans had hoped that Elba, a handsome tough-guy actor best known to American audiences as Stringer Bell from HBO's “The Wire,” would star in the 25th Bond film, which producers hope to get on screen by fall 2018. “Now though they are back to sweating over when Daniel will even come to the table over his future, and who replaces him if he is out,” we’re told.
CheekyNandos

Post by CheekyNandos »

I mean, it's still possible, it's certainly not out of the realms of possibility... But I can't help but feel we would have heard a bit more by now.

The thing is in this day in age that someone would have said something no matter how much the main group would have wanted to keep things quiet, I would have thought.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

They say, there is a schedule. I strongly doubt that.

KillerHeels

Post by KillerHeels »

Just remember what I was told earlier in the year.

It's not close to being confirmed. There will be nothing for a while.....
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

YesI agree. They might be cooking someehing, but who knows what schedule they have in mind.

loupi

Post by loupi »

First of all,

Hi everybody,

This is my first entry here in the forum.

We do not know who will play James Bond in the next film, but we know how his new watch will look like.

http://www.lematin.ch/loisirs/omega-dev ... y/21441780

Sorry, that the article is in French, but I haven't found anything in English.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Hi loupi, very nice to meet you :D

Thanks for the article. It does say, that this watch will be worn by Band in the 25 film by daniel Craig, out in 2018. Michael Wilson was there. At least, he seems in proper health.

Well, personally i don't believe in 2018 anymore. That would be a miracle. But who knows, what they are cooking. :wink:

CheekyNandos

Post by CheekyNandos »

It would be nice if that was the case but I doubt it. The first thing I did when I heard about the watch last night was to scour for any mention of B25 but there wasn't anything officially.

Omega have a deal with EON to make branded watches. With the lull and everything I would think it's something to do with that... Plus the strap is too close to the Spectre one to make me think it's anything more than a commemoration than a spin off.

More than anything it's just really nice to see Michael G Wilson looking so well as he's been of ill health recently.

If this isn't explained too well then sorry I have the worst headache today!!
loupi

Post by loupi »

I read the article two more times and probably CheekyNandos is right.

This sentence "Ce modèle sera certainement celui porté par 007 dans le prochain film" with the this little word "certainement" says that this is more the authors opinion that a fact, that this watch will be worn within B25.

And with Michael G. Wilson and the past M. Monneypenny, it was perhaps more a commemoration than a spin off.