NTTD: Out October 2021

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

I would really like to know the truth. At what point are they right now?
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

Me too. :sigh:
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

Red-Snow

Post by Red-Snow »

Surprisingly something in 'The Sun' makes sense for once. It didn't even register with me that Bond25 is such a milestone, and that making it a reboot would not be the most desirable of outcomes.

Though, who knows. Maybe the next Bond will be as brilliant as DC. Only time will tell.
SilverDragon

Post by SilverDragon »

I think it would be great to see Daniel be a part of another Bond milestone. Skyfall marked the 50th anniversary of Bond and if he could do Bond 25 that would be amazing :)
Maria

Post by Maria »

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Guess we have to wait and see. Its ridiculous to think, these 2 years gaps can be done forever. 3 years is a good gap imo
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Maria

Post by Maria »

I can be patient, I can wait three years too. I don't want the franchise - with him in it - to be forced or to get to the point where the films all blend into one (for those not as rabid fans of course.)
SilverDragon

Post by SilverDragon »

I can be patient too, I really hope he does one more but above all I hope HE wants to do one more. He brings so much to Bond and I would love to see that for one more outing :)
Maria

Post by Maria »

Well said SilverDragon.

Of course, admitting I am selfish and greedy, even if we get one more Bond...I'd want more.

8)
CheekyNandos

Post by CheekyNandos »

The problem with a smaller gap between films is that they would be in danger of over saturating the cash cow.

A three year gap is more than acceptable. It builds demand and expectation, gives DC a break as promised (if he chooses to come back, that is, otherwise that comment is irrelevant) and allows them to build a solid foundation for a good story in the meantime.

On the other hand I see this as the one positive that plays into a possible DC return for now other than the elephant in the room being that he isn't getting any younger. Typically in the past its taken them a lot longer in recent years to appoint a successor to the mantle. However, it's mere speculation and everything remains to be seen.

I give it another three to six months before we start hearing anything more concrete about the distributor.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

I believe, there will never be anything less then a 3 year gap. Of course, you can make it faster but then, I always got the feeling, after one, they all need a break and take their time. Many don't like that, but for me, that's pretty much ok.

CheekyNandos

Post by CheekyNandos »

You're right. The shoots are long and arduous... Something I always admire Daniel for saying is that it's not just him away from his family for that length of time but everyone behind him as well that make the film happen.

It's OK with me as well. It would likely get boring fast if there were too many, too quickly. I don't want it to become another Marvel or DC with the films all planned out to a tight schedule.

Plus, the films aren't even all that good anyway.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

I never liked AMY Marcel of DC film. I have watched very few in the theater.