NTTD: Out October 2021

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Maria

Post by Maria »

CheekyNandos wrote:You're right. The shoots are long and arduous... Something I always admire Daniel for saying is that it's not just him away from his family for that length of time but everyone behind him as well that make the film happen.

It's OK with me as well. It would likely get boring fast if there were too many, too quickly. I don't want it to become another Marvel or DC with the films all planned out to a tight schedule.

Plus, the films aren't even all that good anyway.
That's a good comparison. The cinema seems flooded with precisely scheduled Marvel films, all tied in to each other. I've seen a few on the big screen and when they first came out a few years ago, I liked one or two. Now? They seem such a franchise that is overblown. Granted, I do not know all of the characters that they bring in for each film that many others recognize.
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

I'm a Marvel nuts and I love the way the movies are connected.
It started with me being a fan of RDJ.
I can't stand Renner and so I was reluctant at first to watch The Avengers until a friend told me he has little screentime compared to the other Avengers. I love Thor and Loki (Helmsworth doesn't hurt my eyes :twisted: ) and Captain America grew on me.

And don't get me started on Guardians of the Galaxy, I f***ing love that movie and can't wait for part two and I hope they will make a crossover with The Avengers.

And to totally fit the cliche...I can't stand DC movies beside the Batman series. :twisted:

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Just read over at MI&, that there are a lot of articles about an official announcement, that Daniel is done - BUT it seems its just an April fools days joke.

We'll find out for sure. Like I said, I am not against him leaving, more all for it. :wink: His legacy is fine now, why risk it?
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Germangirl wrote:Just read over at MI&, that there are a lot of articles about an official announcement, that Daniel is done - BUT it seems its just an April fools days joke.

We'll find out for sure. Like I said, I am not against him leaving, more all for it. :wink: His legacy is fine now, why risk it?
Lots of April Fools pranks ranging from Olivia Coleman, James Corden and Andrew Lincoln, all taking on the JB role.
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Ben Whishaw thinks Daniel Craig will return as James Bond

http://nypost.com/2016/04/01/ben-whisha ... ames-bond/

He says the best parts of playing the nerdy gadget-master Q in “Skyfallâ€￾ and “Spectreâ€￾ were his scenes with Daniel Craig’s James Bond. Despite Craig’s “I’d rather slash my wrists than play James Bond againâ€￾ remark, Whishaw suspects his co-star won’t hang up his Walther PPK any time soon.

“I feel sorry for Daniel because I think he spoke to a journalist the day after he finished what must have been an eight- or nine-month shoot,â€￾ Whishaw says. “The poor guy was on his knees with exhaustion and he said something flippant . . . All I saw, working with him, was someone incredibly committed.â€￾
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Sylvia's girl wrote:
Germangirl wrote:Just read over at MI&, that there are a lot of articles about an official announcement, that Daniel is done - BUT it seems its just an April fools days joke.

Lots of April Fools pranks ranging from Olivia Coleman, James Corden and Andrew Lincoln, all taking on the JB role.
Yeah :lol: at least, for once, its just for a laugh.

And our man sits art hme eating cheesecake :rotfl:
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

Good old Ben Whishaw! :D 8) He must know Daniel pretty well since they've made quite a few films together. Here's hoping for the best outcome... :D

Yeah, I didn't see the newspaper today but a friend at work told me about the Olivia Colman skit. :lol: I reckon Daniel would have liked that. :wink: It was a better April Fool's joke than the dream I had this morning. I dreamt that "something happened" to Daniel but, the next day, he was on the Bond set. I woke up thinking 'Yeah, that was a good April Fools joke... it just wasn't that funny...' (to me) :shock: :?

I like cheesecake.... :drool:... It just doesn't like me much. All that dairy is a no-no for me...
Maria

Post by Maria »

Dunda wrote:I'm a Marvel nuts and I love the way the movies are connected.
It started with me being a fan of RDJ.
I can't stand Renner and so I was reluctant at first to watch The Avengers until a friend told me he has little screentime compared to the other Avengers. I love Thor and Loki (Helmsworth doesn't hurt my eyes :twisted: ) and Captain America grew on me.

And don't get me started on Guardians of the Galaxy, I f***ing love that movie and can't wait for part two and I hope they will make a crossover with The Avengers.

And to totally fit the cliche...I can't stand DC movies beside the Batman series. :twisted:
Oh I really need to get out more. Seriously. I loved the first IronMan with Robert Downey Jr. (I am also a fan of his.) I thought Avengers was good - the first one. AND Captain America. But I did not like the second parts, the sequels, they were frustrating in terms of pushing for making sure you see all the next films. I did not get the connection of the characters, but that is ignorance on my part - who are those twins? (Ya, ignorance on my part, being out of the loop with the latest news.) I saw the later film with friends who knew all the chapters and it must have really helped...we're already planning on seeing the next Captain America when it opens.

(But I did not like Deadpool...)

Okay, enough of that that éh?

:D
Maria

Post by Maria »

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

More speculation....

Is Tom Hiddleston set to be next James Bond? Barbara Broccoli sizes him up to replace Daniel Craig

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/tom- ... es-7679980
SilverDragon

Post by SilverDragon »

Sylvia's girl wrote:More speculation....

Is Tom Hiddleston set to be next James Bond? Barbara Broccoli sizes him up to replace Daniel Craig

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/tom- ... es-7679980
Fricking tabloids, dont believe a word of it :cry:
SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

It's just because of "The Night Manager". My work friend A can see Hiddleston as Bond. I do not. I do think TH is a talented actor. I loved his performance as Loki and the movie he did with Tilda Swinton "Only lovers left alive" is one of my all time favourites... BUT HE CANNOT COMPARE TO DANIEL.

Yesterday, when I was looking at Empire mag, they had an interview with Taron Egerton who was in The Kingsmen. Looking at his picture, I thought 'Well, maybe you could be Bond in 5 years or so?' But now I know he was in "Kingsmen".... no, f**k off. :roll:
CheekyNandos

Post by CheekyNandos »

Another Sunday, another BS rumour.

Always happens on a Sunday like clockwork. These insiders hold their tongues for the benefit of the papers until then, didn't you know? xD

Take it with a healthy helping of salt. Hiddleston will not be Bond for many, many reasons whether he looked good in The Night Manager or not.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

We have to remember that we dont want anybody brilliant and sexy for the job. I cant believe He could equal Daniels success. He is a cold fish which makes him a good contender in my book.

CheekyNandos

Post by CheekyNandos »

Germangirl wrote:We have to remember that we dont want anybody brilliant and sexy for the job. I cant believe He could equal Daniels success. He is a cold fish which makes him a good contender in my book.
:lol:

I like your thinking. But out of all of the possible candidates I think other than the fact that he's been in The Night Manager there's not all that much going for him. I won't list my reasons or it'd turn into a bloody essay.

I do wish the papers in this country would find something better to do on Sundays though lol.