NTTD: Out October 2021

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

videnovasan

Re: NTTD: Out November 2020.

Post by videnovasan »

The first episode of the podcast is already there. These are the titles:
Episode One: Bond in Context
Episode Two: Bond Around the World
Episode Three: A Name to Die For: Allies and Enemies of Bond
Episode Four: The Craft of Bond
Episode Five: Clothes, Tech and Cars
Episode Six: Being 007
You need to impress me, outwit me, compete with me? Go ahead, knock yourself out, I have no problem with that at all.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

So it seems clear, they are going for it. 👍
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

They finally opened cinemas in our state, but at 30% capacity. I'm still not sure I'd risk it. Many states are still closed. They must be considering a streaming option.
videnovasan

Post by videnovasan »

In my country the theatre's are opened at 50% of the capacity and the masks are obligatory inside buildings.So if you want to watch a movie you should wear one. I really hope they show it in theatres. Streaming is not an option here. Even if you have an account you can't see everything. So I'm fingers crossed for a theatrical release.....
bumblebee wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:17 pm They finally opened cinemas in our state, but at 30% capacity. I'm still not sure I'd risk it. Many states are still closed. They must be considering a streaming option.
You need to impress me, outwit me, compete with me? Go ahead, knock yourself out, I have no problem with that at all.
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

Masks are obligatory here too. But that’s a long time sat in the same room as a bunch of others many of whom won’t conform with the mask mandate. Many of this year’s releases have gone straight to streaming. They’d be crazy not to consider it alongside a cinematic release where possible, the large populace cities in NY and California, for example, still aren’t open. That’s a lot of ticket sales Eon can’t afford to do without.

I know I’d pay a premium to view it at home away from the masses. We’ll see.
videnovasan

Post by videnovasan »

This is interesting. If the order is having anything to do with the action and the plot.....Usually Zimmer's scores are connected to the sequences, but no guarantee for that.
http://www.scoreworld.org/albums/23/index.html
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

Twitter is reporting that release has been delayed again to 2021. How different will things be next Spring? And just as they'd ramped up their promo machine again!

Update: here it is: https://variety.com/2020/film/box-offic ... 234790944/

“No Time to Die,” the latest James Bond installment, will be postponed until next year, the filmmakers announced Friday.

The film, starring Daniel Craig in his final stint as the agent formerly known as 007, is expected to hit theaters April 2, 2021, a year later than initially planned. “No Time to Die,” back in March, was the first major tentpole to shift its release date as cases of coronavirus began to spread. It was then supposed to premiere in the U.K. on Nov. 12 and in North America on Nov. 20.

The decision to move the upcoming Bond entry into next year is not entirely surprising considering New York and Los Angeles, the two biggest U.S. markets, are closed and coronavirus cases in Europe have started to rise again. Given Bond’s global appeal, the sequel’s backers wanted to wait until audiences across the world felt safe returning to theaters.

ok, now here's the official announcement: "MGM, Universal and Bond producers, Michael G. Wilson and Barbara Broccoli, today announced the release of NO TIME TO DIE, the 25th film in the James Bond series, will be delayed until 2 April 2021 in order to be seen by a worldwide theatrical audience. We understand the delay will be disappointing to our fans but we now look forward to sharing NO TIME TO DIE next year."
Callie

Post by Callie »

Disappointing news, and unexpected given all the promo there's been lately.
As you say, there's no guarantee things will be any different next spring.
bumblebee wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:59 pm Twitter is reporting that release has been delayed again to 2021. How different will things be next Spring? And just as they'd ramped up their promo machine again!

Update: here it is: https://variety.com/2020/film/box-offic ... 234790944/

“No Time to Die,” the latest James Bond installment, will be postponed until next year, the filmmakers announced Friday.

The film, starring Daniel Craig in his final stint as the agent formerly known as 007, is expected to hit theaters April 2, 2021, a year later than initially planned. “No Time to Die,” back in March, was the first major tentpole to shift its release date as cases of coronavirus began to spread. It was then supposed to premiere in the U.K. on Nov. 12 and in North America on Nov. 20.

The decision to move the upcoming Bond entry into next year is not entirely surprising considering New York and Los Angeles, the two biggest U.S. markets, are closed and coronavirus cases in Europe have started to rise again. Given Bond’s global appeal, the sequel’s backers wanted to wait until audiences across the world felt safe returning to theaters.

ok, now here's the official announcement: "MGM, Universal and Bond producers, Michael G. Wilson and Barbara Broccoli, today announced the release of NO TIME TO DIE, the 25th film in the James Bond series, will be delayed until 2 April 2021 in order to be seen by a worldwide theatrical audience. We understand the delay will be disappointing to our fans but we now look forward to sharing NO TIME TO DIE next year."
videnovasan

Post by videnovasan »

Ugh....:crap. ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
The rational part of my 🧠 is getting it why they postopened, but the heart is a bit broken.......I really wished to see it. I wish to fall asleep and all this be gone in the morning.... Not that has anything to do with the delay, but my hubby just told me that Trump is with Corona....
KillerHeels

Post by KillerHeels »

https://amp.theguardian.com/film/2020/ ... ssion=true

Guardian UK just posted this article.
Daniel_Craig

Post by Daniel_Craig »

Holy crap! What is that shit? Postopened again to April 2021. :evil:

As a fan, I'm pissed off that the cinema release of NTTD has been postponed again. On the other hand, the cinema industry is going down the drain! Not only the cinemas but also the film studios will get into great difficulties. "Tenet" will probably experience a disaster in the cinema. WB can only rely on BD, DVD and streaming releases ...

We watched "Tenet" in the IMAX-Cinena in Portugal. Twice! Only with 15 other poeple in the big IMAX theater. The Portuguese are fanatical moviegoers. Now they stay at home!

In other contries the situation will be the same ...

Thank you fucking Covid-19 pandemic situation!
Germangirl

Re: NTTD: Out April 2021

Post by Germangirl »

No thabk you fucking goverments, who created the situation
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Daniel_Craig

Post by Daniel_Craig »

THX for the reminder, GG. ;)

Yeah! ...and Thank You fucking goverments for all this shit! :evil: