NTTD: Out October 2021

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

What I mean. I dont want the next to be awesome. :twisted:
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

Watched Graham Norton last night here in the US. He had Henry Cavill on bemoaning the fact that he came in second in the auditions for Bond behind DC. And how he hopes he'd be approached again for the role.

What a clod.

The guy has zero charisma or acting depth.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

He is real known for that. He has zero chance. But like i said, taking someone like that and we dont have to read too many praises of the new one. I dont want that.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

CheekyNandos

Post by CheekyNandos »

He's always been so unbelievably bitter and I love that in a really sadistic way :lol:

Also he is/has been Napoleon Solo - Ian Fleming's other creation. So it won't be him. That's it. That's my source lol.
Madeleine

Post by Madeleine »

Agreed, he had no charisma at all as Solo and was really unpleasant, though maybe that was just the role. Anyway it's not classy to bemoan roles you didn't get.
SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

CheekyNandos wrote:
Germangirl wrote:We have to remember that we dont want anybody brilliant and sexy for the job. I cant believe He could equal Daniels success. He is a cold fish which makes him a good contender in my book.
:lol:

I like your thinking. But out of all of the possible candidates I think other than the fact that he's been in The Night Manager there's not all that much going for him. I won't list my reasons or it'd turn into a bloody essay.

I do wish the papers in this country would find something better to do on Sundays though lol.
I just wish the papers would do this, period. :evil: I saw the Norton clip regarding Henry Cavill. I had just finished a very pleasant couple of hours watching SF so, when the words came out of Norton's mouth, I just turned off in disgust. About 10 seconds later, curiosity got the better of me and I switched my TV back on but they were already talking about something else.... so, because I didn't know what Cavill actually SAID, I didn't post about it. I did briefly discuss it with CN via PM though, purely because I knew she'd been to see Batman Vs Superman... I thought she may have approved of Cavill. I also think Norton was an utter idiot for raising the subject in the first place. :roll: Was he just trying to 'create controversy' by asking him?? :? Cavill has "the look" for Bond - tall, black hair, posh accent - but there the suitability ends. He strikes me as being quite a cold person with no sense of humour. I don't remember him even being in the running before Daniel was cast. I just remember some hodge-podge list containing actors like Jude Law, Hugh Jackman, Ewan McGregor and Julian McMahon. I REALLY wish Eon/Sony/Whoever would hurry up and make an OFFICIAL announcement so all this hearsay and debate can STOP.
:sigh:
CheekyNandos

Post by CheekyNandos »

SDK, IIRC Cavill was screen tested in 2005. He looked very much the part but as you say that's precisely where it stops. As you know I am not a fan of him at all :).

If you look around on the internet there are pictures/sometimes videos of multiple eras where you can see the relevant screen tests of actors that have attempted to go for the role of Bond.

It would be safe to say 'the list' contains every male actor on it and they whittle it down from there.

Speculation won't stop because news sells. It even made April Fools' Day for Pete's sake and as far as EON/MGM or whoever are concerned the fact that people are still interested in Bond six months after the last film came out is good news to them. Meanwhile they will take their time to get everything right or convince DC to come back or whatever it is they have planned.

The news of BB being involved in Othello is very interesting to me - what that quite means I haven't really had chance to think on it properly but I'll give it a fair first initial sweep.

It's no secret she loves the hell out of Daniel but whether there's some leverage to be built there for a return to the role of Bond who knows. One thing is for certain, with both their obligations, there will be no announcement on any actor any time soon. I also think that this may mean an announcement specifically on the role that comes after that, especially if there is some thought behind her attempting some kind of "one last ditch" 'rescue' (depending on how you view his tenure of course) unless its already been put well out of reach. In the meantime, if you like Bond like I do, you will probably hear about a distributor.

It seems like everyone is enjoying a break and doing something different for a change and when all is quiet it's the perfect time for papers to sell and make s*** up.

The outrageous always sells, that's why Bond is on it's 25th film :lol: :wink:
SmittenDramaKitten

CheekyNandos wrote:
It's no secret she loves the hell out of Daniel but whether there's some leverage to be built there for a return to the role of Bond who knows.
Thanks CN... :)
This is what I thought...
I know MGM/EON are probably rubbing their hands with glee over all the publicity. After all, there is no such thing as 'bad publicity' is there? :wink: I know WE will take all of this "news" with a BIG pinch of salt. I just get concerned about the 'general public'. Some people actually DO believe whatever the papers say. Also, I posted before about the worry I have regarding the idea of Daniel not being Bond again as becoming a 'foregone conclusion' purely because of all the media hype, and whether this in turn influences Daniel to say NO when he might have said YES. I know he's a big boy who can handle his own career decisions but the thought is there nonetheless. :oops:
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Babs also co produced A Steady Rain.
Last edited by Sylvia's girl on Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CheekyNandos

Post by CheekyNandos »

If I'm honest he doesn't seem like he would give a flying .... Fill in the blanks!

People will always buy paper trash and it will always sell. We are in nature social animals and so if we have something to talk about then we are happy. Look at this right now, we are debating it, all the more reason for papers to keep publishing crap!

Funny story time! Transfer deadline day on the football a good few years ago it was reported at around 8am on the BBC that Robbie Fowler was on a plane to Malaysia. If that was true, must have been a short round trip, as I met him in the local restaurant at midday.

Question everything! Hope that cheers you up! :)
CheekyNandos

Post by CheekyNandos »

Sylvia's girl wrote:Babs also co produced A Steady Rain.
She really does love him, doesn't she lol. Is she a lurker on this forum by any chance? :lol:
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

CheekyNandos wrote:
Sylvia's girl wrote:Babs also co produced A Steady Rain.
She really does love him, doesn't she lol. Is she a lurker on this forum by any chance? :lol:
She probably is!! :lol:

It was her hubby, Frederick Zollo who got hold of the script in the first instance.
SmittenDramaKitten

Haha CN!!! :lol: You are right. Daniel wouldn't give a 'Flying F**k' about what the papers say!! But, there is another side to that. IF (and it's a BIG IF) he knows what shit the papers come out with, he may say to himself "Oh, for fucks sake! OK, I'm off!" In other words, he loses patience with it all, as we are inclined to do. :wink:
CheekyNandos

Post by CheekyNandos »

Hiddleston moaning today about everyone asking him about Bond and how there has been no contact.

Was actually one of the reasons why I think he won't get the part because to my mind he can't hold his own with the press.
SmittenDramaKitten

Hi CN! :wave: Can you elaborate? Was this in the paper? If he's not happy about people asking him about Bond then why doesn't he just refute that he's doing it? Because I don't really believe at all that he will or has even necessarily been asked....
:roll: :brood: