Member reviews

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

So, here is my review - although only saw it in German.

What's not to love?
Daniel looks his best since CR, which will always remain my favourite of his. But Spectre is second.

They gave the film air to breathe, the plot made sense, I loved the humour parts and how Daniel was up for it. Didn't even missed any naked scenes. Would have been nice, but not necessary for the plot.

I thought Monicas part was not too short. She made sense for as long as she was there - to get information out of her. But that was it.

Lea was good and there was a lot going on between the two just by glances. I found it totally believable, that she would fall in love with him and when she finally said it, it made sense.

Hinx was scary enough and the fight was brutal. I thought, they could have filmed it from farther away, so you could see better, was really was going on.

The lesser parts were the always gloomy colours. That really bugged me. Why? All the orange.

Waltz was on par with Almaric. Not really threatening, not mad enough. There was danger, yes, by what was going on, but I didn't see the madness in his eyes. Sorry Christoph :lol:

And yes, the middle part was a bit long at times but then again, there were many little bits, that belonged in there and I am sure, I will enjoy them even more the next time around. I liked it, that they took time to not hurry from action to action.
There sure were a lot of clothes in those suitcases :lol: He looked beautiful in all his suits.
Not too sure about the white dinner jacket either. But I liked the braun jacket and at least, we got some arms.
That was cute with the mouse. Nice little tidbits.

LOVE!
Can't wait till saturday, when I see it with my kids and a friend.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Whew! I'm glad you loved it! Fun to read your review. So what do you give it on a 1-10 scale?
Yeah, Christoff was so good in 'Inglorious Basterds' yet so bleh in this. But you really didn't miss a shirtless Daniel, huh? I'm amazed.

I need to see it one more time because I didn't get the connection between Lea and Bond. NOTHING like Eva and Bond. But I thought Lea's acting was good and she was in it longer than I expected.

Can't you just see how he's wrapped up his Bond and if he does it again, it would be for the money? EXCEPT if the next DC Bond movie is called ''Honeymoon.' I'd be all over that!
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Sf, there were headlines of him saying "I hit the gym for 6 months, of course, I get my kit off"
I believe, it was there and filmed, but for some reason, they cut it. Maybe very late in the editing game.

Also, don't take the "only for the money" talk seriously. It was in the same vein as the wrists comment. Done in a spur of the moment.

I believe, he only ever did Tomb Raider for the money but nothing else and he won't start now. I have HEARD him saying, he never did anything for the money. So maybe even TR was more to be in an international frilm production and to raise his profile.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

cassandra

Post by cassandra »

GG, I am glad that you loved the film and I hope your kids enjoy it too when you see it on Saturday. I shall probably see it again next week, this time with my husband.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Thanks. Can't wait till Sat. So much still to notice and remember.

Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

So here’s my review

Movie was great, Daniel at his prime, totally James Bond.
I fell in love all over again (but CR is still my favourite) and I most certainly fell in love with Q (but more a motherly kind of love though :twisted: ) I can’t believe this guy is 35 years old.
Very disappointed about Christoph, he was just ok, no real menace here, just a bit of an evil psycho
Lea was ok, I think her chemistry with Daniel was not too bad, but not too great either, can’t hold a candle to Eva Green IMO.
Monica did good in that little screen time she had, would put her one one level with Berenice.
Ralph and Naomi were good in their supporting roles, because they did what I expected –support !

I loved the humour, not too cheesy but still a bit silly but that what’s JB is about, isn’t it? Some great laughs in the movie theater.

Dave Bautista did great, even with no lines. Best Henchman in Daniels Bond movies. This guy is HUGE!

Go again on Sunday (english version then with hubby and daughter) and then again on Thuesday with GG.

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Oh good, glad you liked it. Makes it easier to go 6,7, or 8 times :lol:

Jana66

Post by Jana66 »

@GG and Dunda,
:D :D :D that feeds and raises my appetite for Friday to see it.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

I think, you will love it too. Gorgeous, confident Daniel swagger all over the place. :twisted:

cassandra

Post by cassandra »

Speaking of Daniel’s swagger, one thing I appreciated in the excellent ‘Day of the Dead ‘pre-title sequence was his swagger when he was dressed in the skeleton costume. When the camera follows behind Bond and Estrella as they stroll through the crowd, watch those bones move!
SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

:stick_iagree: Cass. Doesn't he also do a little dance with Estrella in the elevator? And the way he throws that cane into the stand by the door? :wink: I also love the bit later with MB when he throws the champagne glasses to the floor. :twisted:

I'm glad the movie is going down well with others and that it is being discussed that most are going to have multiple visits. 8) I might be going again later today! :oops: But, in this wet and windy weather, there ain't much else to do. What am I gonna do otherwise? Stay at home and watch TV??? I think NOT! :lol: :wink:
cassandra

Post by cassandra »

SmittenDramaKitten wrote::stick_iagree: Cass. Doesn't he also do a little dance with Estrella in the elevator? And the way he throws that cane into the stand by the door? :wink: I also love the bit later with MB when he throws the champagne glasses to the floor. :twisted:

I'm glad the movie is going down well with others and that it is being discussed that most are going to have multiple visits. 8) I might be going again later today! :oops: But, in this wet and windy weather, there ain't much else to do. What am I gonna do otherwise? Stay at home and watch TV??? I think NOT! :lol: :wink:
I am really looking forward to a second viewing and picking up on all the things that others have commented on and I missed the first time.
How many times have you seen the film, SDK?
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

cassandra wrote:
SmittenDramaKitten wrote::stick_iagree: Cass. Doesn't he also do a little dance with Estrella in the elevator? And the way he throws that cane into the stand by the door? :wink: I also love the bit later with MB when he throws the champagne glasses to the floor. :twisted:

I am really looking forward to a second viewing and picking up on all the things that others have commented on and I missed the first time.
I'm looking forward to seeing it again. I have different expectations (no sexy scenes, no shirtless) so I'll focus on the rest. Lots of Daniel Bond on screen (he embodies the role) but still sticking with CR, then SF as my #1 and #2.
SmittenDramaKitten

cassandra wrote:

If I go later - no ticket booked but I'll find a showing somewhere - it'll be my 5th time.... I think... I'm already starting to lose count!!! :blush: 8)
SmittenDramaKitten

I've found a screening at 15.40 that I'm going to... :D
Trying to go to different cinemas / screens to get a different 'atmosphere' each time. 8)
After all the great vids I've seen today, I'm really looking forward to it. :D