The VERY Dry Spell Meeting Point

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

sf2la

Post by sf2la »

I do not have have high hopes for the Met Gala either. Funny though, the last time they went, they were a couple but it was a secret to most people. Says never looked better, and Rachel looked like, well, Rachel.

They certainly do go underground as a couple. They could have flown home to NYC together but didn't. That's the one thing I'm looking forward to - maybe - when he quits Bond. I think 75% of his 'famousness' is because he 'IS' Bond. That's the sexiest man's role in film. All men want to be like him and all women want to sleep with him. When he is replaced, hopefully by someone good, Daniel will surely lose some public appeal. A lot of that will be passed to the next guy. Perhaps no need for the extreme cloak and dagger lifestyle, bodyguards, etc. I would think he'd still employ CC and company because it's a great 'man servant' service, and Daniel is used to, and can afford, all of the conveniences that come with that. Maybe Daniel will feel more free to live a more normal, less 'in a bubble' life? The downside for us with him not being Bond is the potential for him to fall from grace regarding public interest, including interviews, papz pics, etc. that means less of him, particularly if his projects are few and far between. Rachel can be a help and/or hindrance to how much we see of him post-Bond. Of course we'll see him promote his work, but I'm thinking his days of landing all the magazine covers with great photo shoot pics inside may be over. Those were driven by Bond. Although 'Tattoo' landed him Esquire, right? The hand-written cover?

Like all of us, I just want to see more of him - without a beard, mustache, or flat cap. :lol:
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Yes, on a whole, its not looking rosy for us. Unless he hits the mark with something else, even a TV show, he will be happy to be pretty invisible. :(
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Germangirl wrote:Yes, on a whole, its not looking rosy for us. Unless he hits the mark with something else, even a TV show, he will be happy to be pretty invisible. :(
Oh, the TV show slipped my mind. At least we'd see him on TV regularly. Better than what we get now!
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

More or less everything is better :lol:
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

This is slightly unrelated but I was flipping through the latest edition of Empire yesterday... (the one which DOES feature the article on Empire Awards - SP won 'Best Film' {could Daniel not have won Best Actor too then?? :? :?} and Sam Mendes has said that he is definitely NOT directing another Bond... :(...)

Anyway, they have an article called "How much is a pint of milk?" where actors have to answer a series of daft questions which will usually include such delightful inquiries such as 'How hairy is your arse?' (Daniel's must be a 1 or a 0 on a scale of one to ten surely? :twisted:) This month, James McAvoy is fielding the questions. I read it and thought how I would love to see Daniel taking part in this article. He has a great sense of humour but I think he would refuse to do it because it has PRIVATE stamped all over it. I never begrudge Daniel his privacy but it means he seems less visible than other actors. :(

I find I am suffering a little with this Dry Spell. It has meant I wish for nocturnal dreams and other things to keep me bolstered. I know this is not necessarily a way of 'living life' but, with even dreams / fantasies thin on the ground, it makes me feel he is further away from me than usual... :( :(.... and I do not like that...
:sigh:
SmittenDramaKitten

Also, getting really quite worried about THIS. :? :evil:
Is everyone - including Daniel - on their holidays??!
I wish I could be on holiday but I have no immediate plans... so I do come here often and post regardless.... but it gets to a point where you feel like you're talking to yourself. Hey, I'm not blaming anyone. We have been here before. I wonder how much 'activity' you would find on another actor's website who could be considered Daniels 'equal'... Tom Hardy for example. But then, I don't yet know if TH HAS a website and anyway, it is DANIEL I care about and not Hardy...
:sigh:
Littlesue

Post by Littlesue »

I pop here everyday to see whats new but very rarely post, I should do, Daniel almost seems like he in some sort of semi retirement the last few years, nothing wrong with that I suppose, he has the money, I wouldn't work again if I could afford too. He obviously not overly ambitious which is nice.
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

We had these dry spells before but I'm afraid this one is something else.... :(

Othello not being on stage before winter, this sucks!
Even if he's doing that TV show, I guess there will be not much about it in the news. The only thing I appreciate about that is that he will be on screen more than 120 minutes even if it's not at a stretch.

We can only hope for some glimpses every now and then out of the blue like this Birthday thingy for the Queen or something for the UN.

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
SmittenDramaKitten

Thanks Dunda and Hi Little Sue! :)
I was a bit worried my previous posts may have been misconstrued as 'angry' or 'grumpy'. I don't feel that way today really. I just miss you all and him. My biggest prayer is that the forum can weather these dry spells and we can come out the other side with some nice stuff to come! :) You guys remain my deeply valued on-line family. :)
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

He will pop up again, I am sure.

Until then, I wish you all a nice weekend. Unfortunately here - the weather forecast is not exactly sunny - rarther rainy and cold :( Well, I am working, so its not that bad, but still. Also read, the summer might not be all that great either.

sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Hi. I hope everyone is having a nice Saturday. I hope your work day is a good one, GG. I've had a long work week with little sleep. Working both UK and California work shifts most days. Now lying in a dark hotel room in London. I can see that it's a nice enough day out there, but it's so hard to get out of bed. And I have a trip report to write and expense reports to do. Littlesue, I wouldn't work either if I could afford it. But it seems like actors like to act if they can get a good part. Meryl Streep has plenty of money but she's an acting dynamo. Too bad we aren't following her career. Lol. Rachel is prolific, too. That house-husband of hers is needed out in the workforce. At this point, I'd be happy if he became a mature male model! But his work schedule was predictable. The more $$$$$$$ successful he became, the less he'd feel the need to work. And he has a happy family life. Hey, they are planning their 2nd wedding/vow renewal party!

I appreciate every post on here. Sometimes I'll catch a post at work and can't reply, but I do love reading them. SDK, don't feel like you aren't being listened to or read. We're here even if Daniel isn't.

Last year Rachel went to the Met Gala by herself because Daniel was filming, right? He really hates those things. I would imagine that a lot of men do, but too bad they didn't go this year, especially since they live right there. Oh well, hoping he'll turn up in a papz pic at least. Summer is almost here. Sure would be nice to at least see him in a t-shirt.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

House husband :lol: So true. I am sure, Henry and him are doing really fun stoff, when they are alone. Two boys playing, I imagine.

The thing, that makes me feel good about him being invisible is, that he could choose otherwise, if it bothered him. Not taking any chance to get his face out there shows me, he is happy with the way it is - then I can be that, too :wink:

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

SF, I wished, I could be there with you in that hotel room and we would just chat away.

sf2la

Post by sf2la »

GG, I wish you were here, too! It's almost noon and I just got out of the shower. Being here by yourself is NOT as much fun as having a friend to enjoy it with and yack away!

Once I get out and about I do okay, but it's pretty lonely doing this all the time alone. We would have great fun.

Yeah, agree about Daniel. I imagine him pinching himself for having the life he's made for himself. Amazing career, amazing wife, daughter, and a young boy to do kid stuff with. Handsome, rich, and answers to no boss. Works when and if he wants. Healthy. What more could he want besides us?? :lol:
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Totally. :D

I hope to see you here in Germany this summer. Or do tell, if you have a day off in UK or elsewhere, which is not too far.