The VERY Dry Spell Meeting Point

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

caramel wrote:They need to get their well shaped butts to the MET ball this year and give us a break from this dry spell Image
Your word in HIS ears, they are big enough to hear us :evil:
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

sf2la

Post by sf2la »

caramel wrote:They need to get their well shaped butts to the MET ball this year and give us a break from this dry spell Image
NO KIDDING!!!!!! They had better!!! It's the least they can do to make the world amore beautiful place.
CockHargreaves

Post by CockHargreaves »

I wonder if he has had time to get bored yet? He is sure to have hobbies and interests that we don't know about - maybe all this free time is giving him a chance to indulge other passions.
Or maybe he is just lying around eating pizza, watching tv and playing board games with his step-son. Can't see him being really lazy for any length of time though.
Maybe he is looking into other new projects. I wouldn't be surprised if he is working on the development of the next Bond storyline. Or looking for new films to challenge and stretch his acting skills in 2014? Or if he's quietly engaged with offering support to good causes.
It's intriguing to wonder, and a bit frustrating to have no idea at all. But he will be back in a while, hopefully refreshed and looking more gorgeous than ever, with some interesting work in the pipeline. He is worth waiting for, or we wouldn't be interested enough to be part of this little online community
CockHargreaves

Post by CockHargreaves »

Germangirl wrote:No, not that one.

Here is a very raunchy clip.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORQnIO0PVFU

and the trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lN7Ad9Nb95U
Hmm, enjoyable little clip but my, that trailer is cheesier than my husband's feet :lol:
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

but Daniel is much nastier than your husband's feet, I swear :lol: :twisted:

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Dunda wrote:but Daniel is much nastier than your husband's feet, I swear :lol: :twisted:
Have you seen her husband's feet??!!!! :wink:
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

HLAJ wrote:I wonder if he has had time to get bored yet? He is sure to have hobbies and interests that we don't know about - maybe all this free time is giving him a chance to indulge other passions.
Or maybe he is just lying around eating pizza, watching tv and playing board games with his step-son. Can't see him being really lazy for any length of time though.
Maybe he is looking into other new projects. I wouldn't be surprised if he is working on the development of the next Bond storyline. Or looking for new films to challenge and stretch his acting skills in 2014? Or if he's quietly engaged with offering support to good causes.
It's intriguing to wonder, and a bit frustrating to have no idea at all. But he will be back in a while, hopefully refreshed and looking more gorgeous than ever, with some interesting work in the pipeline. He is worth waiting for, or we wouldn't be interested enough to be part of this little online community
I imagine, its a bit of all of this. Great thing for him possibly is, that he can CHOOSE to do stuff or choose not to.
I think, he needed a lengthy break from being famous, too. Promotion work is exhausting for everybody, but for a shy person like him, its probably even more so.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

sf2la wrote:
NO KIDDING!!!!!! They had better!!! It's the least they can do to make the world amore beautiful place.
To be frank, I would be surprised. IMO these things are just not on his agenda right now. Sadly...

cassandra

Post by cassandra »

Much as I would love to have some news of Daniel and some photos -- even if they are only pics of him visiting the gym -- in some ways I don’t mind him disappearing for a while. I like to think that he and Rachel are enjoying some downtime together with their children after a relatively hectic year, with periods of separation. Next month Henry will celebrate his 7th birthday, I think.

I’m sure that appearing in Betrayal on Broadway in the autumn will be very demanding for the couple and will also involve quite a lot of time in rehearsal, so I hope they have time for rest and relaxation before this. For the life of me, I can’t understand why anyone would choose to subject themselves to the ordeal of going on stage night after night, but then I am not an actor!

I got my Daniel fix this week when I attended a screening of Skyfall as part of a ‘Bond week’ at my local cinema. I have seen the film several times now both at the cinema and on DVD, but I felt that this might be the last chance to see the film on the big screen.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

I am not an actor either, but I can understand, that the aspect of doing something, both love best, doing together can be really tempting. They are not a couple at that moment, they are actors on a stage, doing what is plein acting. Doing it together only makes it better IMO.

I think, this is the main advantage over Sats, who was pretty perfect in my book - the love and dedication for acting - for acting, not fame. Being able to share this addiction - and on top with a beautiful, smart woman - is a hard deal to not fall for.

CockHargreaves

Post by CockHargreaves »

Germangirl wrote:I am not an actor either, but I can understand, that the aspect of doing something, both love best, doing together can be really tempting. They are not a couple at that moment, they are actors on a stage, doing what is plein acting. Doing it together only makes it better IMO.

I think, this is the main advantage over Sats, who was pretty perfect in my book - the love and dedication for acting - for acting, not fame. Being able to share this addiction - and on top with a beautiful, smart woman - is a hard deal to not fall for.
Indeed, who would be better able to understand what drives him than Rachel?
The danger, of course, is that actors can all too easily fall into vanity, single-mindedness or selfishness. To be successful, like DC and RW, they have to be very motivated and driven. They have to be prepared to travel far from home, compete for roles, avoid the temptations presented by loneliness and charismatic co-stars, learn new skillsets, maintain their looks, work very long hours, and for some roles cope with physical hardships and venture into dark parts of the psyche.
D and R have both sustained long-term relationships with actors before and understand the pitfalls. They are too intelligent and experienced to have only a passion that could quickly burn out, IMO. They must have a real sense of connection to have made the decision to marry so early in their relationship, after avoiding marriage for so long with previous partners. (He was hardly in a hurry to marry again after his first marriage ended, despite his attachments to several beautiful women, so R must have been very special.)
They must both feel very sure that the play will not adversely affect their real-life relationship, despite its troubling themes. And I guess it gives them a few months at home together, without the hassle of travelling or living in hotel rooms or trailers. They both enjoy theatre work and what actor would pass on the chance to work on Broadway? Despite what she has said about them not discussing their work, that is clearly not true. They have shared ambitions and dreams, and obviously want to build a piece of work together. They trust in each other's abilities and presumably know each other deeply enough to feel they can work intuitively with one another. For these reasons I would love to go and see them in the play, but unless I win the lottery it's an impossibility. :'-(
My hope and wish for these two is that they are both mature enough to allow each other the space and support to pursue their careers on an equal footing, without either forgetting that the sum of a relationship is greater than its individual parts. I want them to have the impact of Taylor/Burton but the stability of Newman/Woodward! :D
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Wise words HLAJ. All of us, we do what feels right at the time. The future might teach us a different lecture, but this is the best we can do.

Will it harm them to be mean to each other for weeks to come each day? I was worried about that, when I heard about the content of the play. Time will tell. Its different, if you just do it with a co star, who has no real meaning for you.

caramel

Post by caramel »

HLAJ wrote: Indeed, who would be better able to understand what drives him than Rachel?
The danger, of course, is that actors can all too easily fall into vanity, single-mindedness or selfishness. To be successful, like DC and RW, they have to be very motivated and driven. They have to be prepared to travel far from home, compete for roles, avoid the temptations presented by loneliness and charismatic co-stars, learn new skillsets, maintain their looks, work very long hours, and for some roles cope with physical hardships and venture into dark parts of the psyche.
D and R have both sustained long-term relationships with actors before and understand the pitfalls. They are too intelligent and experienced to have only a passion that could quickly burn out, IMO. They must have a real sense of connection to have made the decision to marry so early in their relationship, after avoiding marriage for so long with previous partners. (He was hardly in a hurry to marry again after his first marriage ended, despite his attachments to several beautiful women, so R must have been very special.)
They must both feel very sure that the play will not adversely affect their real-life relationship, despite its troubling themes. And I guess it gives them a few months at home together, without the hassle of travelling or living in hotel rooms or trailers. They both enjoy theatre work and what actor would pass on the chance to work on Broadway? Despite what she has said about them not discussing their work, that is clearly not true. They have shared ambitions and dreams, and obviously want to build a piece of work together. They trust in each other's abilities and presumably know each other deeply enough to feel they can work intuitively with one another. For these reasons I would love to go and see them in the play, but unless I win the lottery it's an impossibility. :'-(
My hope and wish for these two is that they are both mature enough to allow each other the space and support to pursue their careers on an equal footing, without either forgetting that the sum of a relationship is greater than its individual parts. I want them to have the impact of Taylor/Burton but the stability of Newman/Woodward! :D
You summed it up well, HLAJ.

After seeing the movie version of the play I am not worried about the theme of the play having any adverse effect on their relationship. In fact they must be pretty comfortable and confident in themselves (as a couple) to take on this theme.
A plus is, it didn't have any scenes where they had to be mean or yell at each other.
The emotions are all underneath and get exposed subtly. I don't know how dramatic one has to be in a play though but these two are well matched where turning off their characters is concerned when they are not acting.
calypso

Post by calypso »

Hola, is dry spell? I here

I wait for news.

Luna x
ImageImage
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

calypso wrote:Hola, is dry spell? I here

I wait for news.

Luna x
Hi Dear Luna!!!!! It's so good to hear from you!! I tho know you often.